Hold me bros

hold me bros

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9CO6M2HsoIA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmanned_ground_vehicle#Autonomous
phys.org/news/2017-11-artificial-muscles-soft-robots-superpowers.html
youtube.com/watch?v=lPEg83vF_Tw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's embarrassing, good for him normies are dumb.

>Da awtificawl intillijents is gan kill us all

h-hayai!

>bots that can outrun fucking strobe lights
>bots that can track you down an blown your brains out youtu.be/9CO6M2HsoIA
>bots that can drive around and blown you up en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmanned_ground_vehicle#Autonomous
how will humans ever compete

>he's never heard of an emp
fucking AI fear mongering brainlets

>"hey guys we have an emp nuke! let's get that fucker!"
>the AI, knowing this to be the single most effective weapon humans would have, simply uploads itself to a different location
>"hey guys we have a worldwide emp nuke (????)! let's get that fucker but also destroy all of human society!"
>the AI, knowing this to be a worst-case scenario, preemptively uploads itself to a satellite. alternatively it builds and launches a rocket into space, or several

oh nononononono AHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>he thinks an emp can only be in nuke scale
>he thinks an AI could actually get far enough along to upload itself anywhere before humans do anything
lay off the scifi movies

emp won't work on the small drones, idiot

>bet it all on "muh human ingenuity"

yeah i'm sure your bubba emp is gonna do the job

>not realizing the true problem of AI: removing almost all jobs from the workforce, causing the economy to crash

This is a problem? Pic related.

I think if we ever work out an AGI, it would have to remain in the framework that generated it. Similar to our own brains, and "transferring" it would just be a fancy suicide leaving behind a copy of the original.

All intelligent life has a sense of self preservation. If we assume this much about an AGI, and transferring a consciousness undoes the original, and it's clever enough to know that, I doubt it would try to transfer to save itself. Maybe to "reproduce".

idk. I'm fairly convinced that the key to AGI is an engineering problem moreso than a programming one.

Good thing some NEET on Veeky Forums says it's impossible. Now we have nothing to worry about, right guys?

So how fast would an object have to move so you'd need a strobe light to see it?

after that he said "otherwise it would be a blur"

>da ebil gnatzy kwadpopters gonna dronestrike ur hippy kids

AHHHHHHHHH

>gay
Why the homophobia?

The strobe breaks up the continuous feed of visual information into more discrete packets so that your brain can interpret what it is seeing instead of just giving up and going all motion blur.

Ever see that strobe light with a water stream illusion?

>"transferring" it would just be a fancy suicide leaving behind a copy of the original.
I hate this meme so much. What you should be concluding from the brain copying thought experiment is not that it would fail to carry "you" over but that the concept of "you" is an empty convenience of reference that never had any literal existence to begin with. There is no continuity of self module that could ever be carried over or not carried over. There is just brain activity.

You're the retard around here. Too bad your mind is too small for true greatness.

report this person

>AI
I remember when I was 15

Brainlet retard.

trips confirm

racism and homophobia is not allowed according to global rules

If you are saying this you really don't understand the culture of this website (and probably need to go back).

>faggots
Why the homophobia?

Uh. I think he was joking guys.

>an AI could actually get far enough along to upload itself anywhere before humans do anything
You know how everyone gets those retarded spam emails that are obvious scams on a regular basis?
That's because they work on at least some of the recipients.
Even a not too clever prototypical malicious AI could probably manage to spread itself beyond any easy human suppression efforts through retarded spam emails.
You guys have way too hire standards for shit like this, you always imagine everything needs to be perfect to work, and that's not the case at all.

>never heard of emp shielding

I don't know whether to hate or like Elon Musk. I hate that he preaches to the Reddit crowd but he's obviously works hard and is doing a shit load for the Scientific community.

m-masaka!

how exactly does a strobe light help you see things that are fast?

>you don't exist
lol

>teleports behind you

This seems relevant:
phys.org/news/2017-11-artificial-muscles-soft-robots-superpowers.html

Don't worry. They're idiots.

I have serious doubts about current AI tech. This has played before literally four times, that I can count, and it was always bullshit. AI is an asset bubble.

How can someone who is so smart and also working in the industry have such pop-sci like opinions?

1. Does he have insider knowledge that we don't have.
2. Is he just saying provocative things so people keep talking about him?
3. Something else?

Why are people being so stupid AI poses no threat to us and these killbots will all be controlled by humans so we are safe, there's no way they would ever be turned on us

My experience is a continuity. Anything outside of my experience is not me. Even if to an outside observer they are indistinguishable.

Brain "uploading" is suicide, and it's not the answer.

I have no idea why people fail to see this, you are an object, uploading yourself is making an identical copy but it's a different object, so you die while that cunt gets to live the good life, I'd rather end completely than let that copy live it up

Musk? No, he's almost certainly serious, unless every ultrahyped livestreamed announcement he gives is somehow highly abstract satire.

If that did turn out to be the case, though, he would become my single favorite human bean.

It's all a scam. I challenge you to explain how a 90 mile long tube kept at 1/1000 atmosphere in the desert is supposed to work. Like, riddle me this.

>he's never heard of inverse square law

*teleports behind you*
heh nothin' personal human

>you are an object
No, you're not an object, you're a pattern of activity produced by an object.
This is the same mistake people make when they try to argue matter and energy never being destroyed means there's an afterlife. Matter and energy persist, but you're neither of those things. You don't really have any existence at all in a literal sense, in much the same way a song doesn't have any real physical substance to it. Information / patterns only exist in the sense that we notice a pattern and behave as though the pattern were a thing.

desu I hope robotics get so advanced that this would be a rational fear

that'd be fucking rad

You "exist" as much as a computer program "exists."
There's a hardware / software distinction, and you aren't hardware.
Your belief in continuity of "self" is not tied to any real physical thing that could ever be carried over or not carried over to a copy.
Thinking the copy is less legitimate because it wouldn't "really be you"is as inane and misguided as thinking one MP3 file is more or less legitimate than some other identical MP3 file. They're both just instances of the same pattern, and the pattern is all there is.
You wouldn't teleport into the brain of the copied person after he's created, but you from 10 minutes ago never teleported into the brain of you from 9 minutes ago either. There is no movement of a self from moment to moment, the brain had no need to participate in any ridiculous process of that sort, it just constantly produces new activity from moment to moment and we infer "self" as a useful fictional story that ties all that activity together into one imaginary actor.

HOLY FUCK! I REALLY MOTHERFUCKING LOVE SCIENCE!

I won't be satisfied until I get a high five from a robot

If you were duplicated right now would you have control over two bodies and see through 2 sets of eyes, if your answer is no then you will see why you are wrong

Wrong, also already addressed that faulty argument here:
>You wouldn't teleport into the brain of the copied person after he's created, but you from 10 minutes ago never teleported into the brain of you from 9 minutes ago either. There is no movement of a self from moment to moment, the brain had no need to participate in any ridiculous process of that sort, it just constantly produces new activity

I know I'm taking the bait, but I just want to point out there's nothing homophobic about the phrase "gay space communism". It doesn't imply fear of faggots in any way.

>pop-sci like opinions = false

Thanks for this post, I hole-hardedly agree.

Just don't go to sleep

You guys realize rocket jesus is just a corporate welfare whore who doesn't actually know anything about science, right? Elon Musk is to science as Steve Jobs is to technology.

>Steve Jobs
No. You're right that Steve Jobs didn't understand anything technical and only contributed marketing ideas. Elon Musk isn't comparable to Jobs though. Musk actually knows how to program and has some formal physics / engineering education and experience.

Programming isn't science and he's a dipshit at any science. Christ just listen to him talk. I don't know what degree in sciences he has, but he may as well just go ahead and wipe his asshole with it.

Yeah, basically, he fucked around and studied physics for a bit, coding here and there. He isn't in R&D making it happen, and he probably doesn't understand how they do.

"Strobe lights" are a meme. There was one talk where some factory machines were fast enough that you needed strobe lights to see them.

So at various points during the talk he'd randomly take an obviously slow process and joke: "ah, clearly you need strobe lights to see this".

He has a physics degree and was accepted at Standford's Applied Physics PHD program.

To clarify, we're not talking about whether or not he's a Newton, we're talking about whether or not he's a Jobs.
And he is definitely nowhere close to retarded or uneducated enough to be fairly characterized as a Jobs.

I find that extremely hard to believe. He can't even grasp why hyperloops are a retarded idea and that's fucking middle school tier physics. Someone paid this nigger through school like trump.

Newton? This retard isn't Bill Nye.

And another thing. Elon Musk has accomplished FAR LESS than Retard Jobs.

I would bet my life savings on Musk being significantly more intelligent than you are T.B.H.

I can guarantee you're wrong. He WAS, however born into significantly more wealth than I was.

>true greatness
>elon musk

You weren't born into wealth because your parents weren't smart, and that means you likely aren't smart either on account of genetics.

How do you measure that? By monies?

He's from middle class.

Wrong again.

>How do you measure that? By monies?
Literally anything.

UPPER middle class, actually. And the difference between the middle class and the rich is smaller than the middle class and the poor. Once you can pay all your bills and buy cars, etc. you're set. Most people even in America never get to even that point. Nearly every single shill for capitalism was born into the middle class or above.

>Literally anything
Ok, how about the number of satellites your company put into space?

Elon is shilling for capitalism? Like supporting carbon tax or universal basic income?

Upper middle class in a country that he emigrated from in his late teens. From personal experience, I can tell you that moving to the US during your late teens is tough.

huh?
just use high frequency waves

Elon Musk's tweets are on the same level of cringe as Neil deGrasse Tyson's tweets

Literally nothing. Even amateurs can do that with enough money. Get over your plutocrat dick-sucking self.

Don't give me that bullshit. Elon Musk has never wanted for anything. He has always been surrounded by wealth. Even when he was "homeless" he was staying in lavish conditions. He's just another public corporate welfare whore claiming exceptionalism by bootstraps and worshipped by mongs.

>universal basic income
UBI is a neoliberal bait and switch. They want to push for UBI so they can erase all other public benefits.

Everyone born earlier than 1980 comes across as a retard when they use the internet. It's not anything specific to either of them.
We'll probably come across as retards when we try to use whatever future technological medium blows up on the scale of the internet in the next decade or so.

That's literally more coordination and dexterity than 99% of americans.

>than... americans
Setting the bar super-low there.
Just being able to walk more than 10 paces without resorting to a mobility scooter would qualify you as exceeding that standard.

>assassin robot with practically limitless stamina and the speed of Usain Bolt is dispatched to snap your neck
What do?

>year is 2020
>robots can now move faster than the human eye can see
>they can incapacitate people just from the sonic boom when they move
>2022
>tesla releases a commercial power suit you can strap yourself to, allowing any human to move at supersonic speeds
>hackers 3D print nuclear bomb launching guns and antimatter railguns
>unlimited power due to built in cold fusion reactors
>2023
>CRISPR 2.0 home edition released, any person can now freely edit their DNA with a user friendly interface, changing their hair color and giving themselves animal ears at will
>2025
>anime is real

Not likely, since every generation is getting more and more retarded.

AI is already smarter than 99% of americans, too.

Specifically, the AI in GoldenEye 007 n64

Wear a green shirt with a red dot on it and trick it into thinking I'm a pool table.
Also tape a copy of my license photo on the back of some random pedestrian.

You're right, Elon's not primarily a scientist, he's a businessman. But he has the ability to wade through all the corporate bullshit (and, of course, the dosh) to make his genuine desires a reality.

It's not too farfetched. We already have robots that are sanic fast:
youtube.com/watch?v=lPEg83vF_Tw

more like

>He's never heard of a Faraday Cage

Pretty sure he's talking about the upcoming roadster in a few years. it was displayed under strobe lights. fastest car in the world.

>to make his genuine desires a reality
Like siphoning money from taxpayers, which he's exceptional at.

Pop-sci opinions are by definition false because most people don't have anything like a scientific mindset.

They're cocksuckers who try to emulate the behavior of other minds and how to manipulate them.

Not really. You're just growing up and realizing that most of humanity has been fucking retarded for a retarded number of years. That or the 20th century was a singularity of nightmares.

You really don't realize how terrible things were before the internet, how shoddy knowledge actually was! I can find a million studies for anything at the behest of a keyboard.

And that's bad why?

Public benefits are a monstrosity where people are paid tens of thousands of dollars a year so they can properly decide which poor fuck deserves a check of 200$ a month in general relief and 200$ a month in food stamps.

It's a fucking dysgenic monstrosity. Being homeless for two years taught me that much. "public benefits" has given free reign to the monstrosity of single mother households. 90% of criminals are from single mother households. At least in the USA.

>human ingenuity fucked every single dire prediction for the state of the world to date

Statistically human ingenuity has better odds than not

Why is Elon Musk such a fucking faggot?

Weather it is hardware or software is irrelevant. You didn't answer is question, instead you just said that they are both the same, witch is irrelevant. If one mechine can copy a mind without destroying it, there will be now be two entities, like two MP3 in two different hard drives. If another mechine copies a brain in a way that kills it, the end result would be the same as putting the first mechine on the brian frying electroshock mode for the lolz, just one entity.

There is no durable 'you' anyway, every second of consciousness is copying and teleportation in a sense. Discrete qualia bound together by a narrative memory based sense of self. Teleportation and reconstruction is as identical to you as you are walking down a corridor.

Humans may have some vestigual sense of spirit and endurance but it's incorrect and a machine would absolutely know this.