High I.Q. fields

Which fields, besides theoretical physics, has the highest IQs?

I'm guessing the list would look something like this in this order.

>theoretical physics
>CEOs
>hedge fund managers
>software engineers
>engineers
>doctors
>lawyers
>actors
>pilots

that's a retarded list

I said theoretical physics would be at the top and out basically is since I count that with astro physics. And finance is high on that list.

Why is health science so low? I figured doctors would be really smart.

It's memorization user, not critical thinking

where do you think successful poker players or day traders would rank?

Not very high, it just requires good mental math skills which relate to memory and mental speed, but which have nothing to do with the complexity of mental operations possible

>memory and mental speed
What else is there? I use my gifts to quickly outthink and out maneuver my enemies.

lol

>actors
huh?

The only reason math is dumbed down is because it gets lumped together with stats brainlets.

A lot of actors apparently are geniuses with I.Q from 140 to 180

no they aren't. they're just much more likely to be bragging about lies in public

Quants.
The best people at statistics aren't in the universities, they are on Wall Street.
Some Engineering fields have very high IQ individuals.

I think you just hear about the smart ones more, but yes a few of them are probably lying. Some are smart. How many actors are there though? How many geniuses can you name? James Woods probably does have a very high IQ looking at his academic record.

>The best people at statistics aren't in the universities, they are on Wall Street.
kek
this is hilarious for at least 3 reasons

he wanted to be an eye surgeon and ended up going into political science...

Haha

Anons I've personally worked with traders at big time firms (I'm in software though not trading)

Traders are losers who never stop bragging about what school they went to, half don't make it. Trading is a meme.

>they are on Wall Street.
This is why I mentioned finance in the op

chess players, if you count it as a profession

I may as well count video game streamers if that's the case

doctors don't take the GRE. that score probably represents the legions of premed washouts

Where do you think doctors would place?

What about successful day traders?

>intended major
This is not a good idea. In my country, 85% of the "intended majors" in math fail to do so.

CEOs
lawyers

lmao

What are you trying to imply?

No, Poker is all about self-control and being able to handle stress. The person who's gonna win in the long run is the person who can stay calm and make good choices after losing every day for 3 month's. The game itself is toddler-tier but staynig calm when you get sucked out 20 coinflips in a row is hard.

The game is not toddler tier, it requires relatively complex mental mathematics to correctly calculate odds

>software engineers
lmao
they're not even engineers - glorified programmers

others that shouldn't be on that list: lawyers, actors, pilots - none of these require high cognitive ability

>lawyers
Why not?

Memorization of random laws and cases mixed in with psychological manipulation and charisma, few to no cognitive skills required

Lawyers will be replaced by software soon

just who do you consider smart besides Astro physicist?

I don't know but lawyers are inherently anti-intellectual

Their job is to defend people even who they know are guilty through psychological manipulation. It's not a profession or area of study that exists independently of humans like mathematics does.

That's just about practice. After a while calculating the odds become second nature. By the way, is there still money to be made in poker?

I've heard you're better off doing something else for more money

I disagree strongly with that sentiment.

The development and application of law is the frontier of raising humanity out of base instinct. It is not easy to do well.

>Physicists just memorize random laws and equations, they're brainlets

Everything sounds dumb if you try

I understand your point fully, but we can do better

One of the cornerstones of being a practicing lawyer is swaying the jury. It preys upon human psychological blindspots and employs subtle manipulation to convince people of something that may or may not be true.

It is objectively inherently anti-intellectual and holds no place in a modern day society - we need something better, at least a higher set of standards to which lawyers can be held

That sounds about right. On top of that it seems like a mentally and physically unhealthy profession.

studying, introducing, and interpreting a set of arbitrary rules humans have written to mandate how parties should behave and interact with eachother. It is entirely a human (social) construct with no physical (real) basis. There is nothing objective about it so for a scientist it's seen a frivolous pursuit not worthy of one's time.

Science and math is gauded as being the most intellectually-involved of all academic fields because of the purely rational nature of its study; everything is based on experimental observation, empirical evidence, and mathematical proof. It's problem solving to the highest order, employing the most demanding of cognitive abilities such as pattern recognition, relationship analysis, computation, and abstract memory (being able to carry out a problem with a long series of steps, sub-steps, etc. without getting lost or losing logical basis, even as it relates to other problems).

The greatest advancements in human civilization are entirely attributed to the work of scientists and mathematicians.

>The greatest advancements in human civilization are entirely attributed to the work of scientists and mathematicians.
It's true but why doesn't society acknowledge this and act as if it's true?

I'd love to see you out smart a high power attorney in a court of law

I think you confuse intellectualism with your purist-view of how life should work. It is not anti-intellectual to play your part in the system of interpretation, advocacy, and judgement that defines the legal system.

Tell me how the judicial system should work if you are so dead set in your ideas.

So the top of your list is a field of fake science, followed by people who either commit crime or get appointed via nepotism to a position? IQ is a flawed metric in and of itself that really means nothing. Your aptitude within a given field is not determined by your "IQ", it's a matter of whether or not you fit.

You can be a total dumbass in all aspects of life, but still be an incredible engineer. You'll score average or low on IQ tests but you build and design the best mechanical / electronic devices.

Been there, done that. No such thing as a "high power" attorney, just expensive or extremely expensive. Law is deliberately esoteric to enable this scumbag "profession". Constitution should have contained an amendment that restricts the length and scope of statutes, as well as requiring them to be written in "plain" language that is understandable by the average citizen.

>field of fake science
I was thinking of what Neil Degrass Tyson and hawking does. They are the most popular scientist currently.

>right to a speedy trial
>statute of limitations
>public education

We gave you a chance. It's all there if you're not a dumbass.

>Tell me how the judicial system should work if you are so dead set in your ideas.

There should me an helmet that can read your thoughts and braodcast it to a projector so everyone can see if you're lying or telling the truth. Or better yet read your memories.

debating semantics, entertaining emotional pleas, and going through mountains of busybody paperwork
i think i'll pass

It has nothing to do with being a dumbass

It has to do with the law being a big mess of spaghetti code instead of succinct and elegant. There's nothing intellectual about interpreting it.

You get one gold star.

>It's difficult to understand
>Therefor only idiots understand it

glad you're happy with yourself.

>ITT: law student gets BTFO by pretentious STEM majors

Nice straw man. I never said only "idiots" understand law. You can't be an idiot. But it's not an intellectual activity, it's literally a busywork activity

>A implies B unless C or D, and if D then E also implies F if just 3 requirements of A are met, and if L then M...

No thanks, it's arbitrary bullshit that's literally made up by humans. It's not universal objective knowledge that aliens could derive, therefore it's fucking garbage and an impediment to human progress. Sorry you don't understand this.

If you're smarter then you ahould easily win

>Implying "winning" is an objective determination of who performed an objectively definable activity in the most optimal way, as opposed to simply the result of who manipulated the ignorant masses of the jury in the most emotionally poignant way

It has nothing to do with intelligence in general, only human-specific emotional manipulation tactics.

I will refer you to my earlier

>I think you confuse intellectualism with your purist-view of how life should work

And yes, I did strawman your opinions and then you came back and proved me right anyways.

Would you like some more straw? We can make a weighted blanket out of it to comfort you in you autistic slumber.

The same can be said for all the majors high on that list.

Calling them scientists is a stretch. They're actors who play scientists on TV. What has either of them actually contributed other than a steady stream of pseudo-intellectual drivel? Hawking may as well be a mechanical turk.

>Requiring objective discussion and non-ambiguous, non-fallacious usage of language is autistic
When did this meme start and how much of a brainlet do you have to be to believe it? Autism is a gift not a curse

I-I'm so sorry, senpai

But really, we can make this blanket.

>Hawking
You're a brainlet who's mad that you'll never be as intelligent as Microsoft Sam.

>Get 94 percentile in verbal reasoning
>Get 67 percentile in quantitative reasoning

I’m a brainlet aren’t I?

So does that mean they got the jobs because of the schools they went to and not necessarily their aptitude for the job?

No it just means they're arrogant douche bags who always try to show off

Us software people made more money than the beginner traders yet they were always showing off that they want to MIT and Yale or whatever. Great, I went to a state school and I am making more at this company than you, have fun faggot lol. They're just sore losers.

You seem bitter, upset, and jealous.

>Comparing video game streamers to chess masters

B R A I N L E T

I mean they both make money by playing games all day. Just one makes more money and it's games more popular.

>lawyer
At least actors use method and research for a role until they stressed and suicide.

Biology would be top I’d guess. All the Asians do it.

>CEOs
>high IQ
TOP FUCKING KEK

yeah. and doctors.

Education, how ironic...

Have you ever spoken to a doctor when you actually know about the subject too?
They're pretty fucking average, at best.

This changes nothing about the list, or its implications, as the same rule applies to all subjects upon that list.

If being a doctor or fucking CEO is so easy then why aren't you a doctor CEO?

I hope you are being retarded on purpose

>on
>stats
>Wall street

Did I get it?

Because I dropped out of med school for engineering because medicine is the most awful profession and the people you have to deal with (both patients and colleagues) are utterly insufferable.
In other words, I was going to be a doctor, but didn't want to because its boring and the people are horrible.

>couldn't cut it so switched to an easier job like engineering

>I dropped out
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHQHAAHAHAHAHAHAHQHQHAHHAAHAHAHA

So you are saying being a doctor is so easy... but you still had to drop out? Are you pic related?

F-fuck you! My job is hard, k. :(

It is all memorization and little diagnostics.

Just out of curiosity, would the variour subsets of mathematics be included in that Mathematics category? So to be specific, would Actuarial Math be included in it?

Being good at memorizing stuff is a characteristic of high intelligence.

>Being good at memorizing stuff is a characteristic of high intelligence.
Good thing my Asperger's makes that aninnate trait then, it wasn't the memorization that I found difficult, it was the people.
Also, that is somewhat intellectual dishonest as you have savants with almost no executive function, who are able to memorize like a computer, that doesn't mean they're genius.

>*aninnate = an innate
>*intellectual = intellectually

The people are part of the job. If the people are hard then the job is hard, but you said the job was easy.

You are contradicting yourself now.

Fine, the customer management part of the job is hard, I guess that means that used car salesmen are the Lords of Veeky Forums, better fuck off before you lose any more teeth.

>in PhD program
>looking at high school friends
>surprisingly most of them haven't done a fucking thing. Actually feeling my oats a bit that I'm on track to be dr. user.
>look up smart, but total douche guy I took honors math and physics courses with in high school
>he's a trader
>the average person in this job is making $130,000 a year
>he's around the same age as me (23)

If you want money, science is a fucking meme.

>(software) engineers
>doctors
>lawyers
>actors
>pilots
>any of those high IQ

Brainlet much, OP?

This chart is inaccurate. The statistic for mathematics is pulled down by the (ironically) statistics majors who get lumped in with math majors.

A job doesn't have to be Veeky Forums to be hard. No one would be retarded enough to say doctors are scientists, but being a doctor is as hard as it can get.

Yeah, from a sales rep. perspective, not a STEM perspective.

>doctors
>intelligent
Top Kek. You are talking about the professional class that for millennia did more damage to their patients than the diseases they suffered from. The only reason medical care is as good as it is today is due to chemists and biologists, not doctors.
Doctors are retarded.

Which country is this??

A diagnosis is all about deduction, especially if there are more than one problem present.

this
literally none of these require any intelligence, OP is a retard who suffers from authority bias and thinks successful = intelligent

But what do you mean? Why are you factoring a job into its parts? When you do a job, you have to swallow all of it. Why would you even care about dividing doctors in their Veeky Forums part, their sales part, etc.

A job is a job and if you want to be a doctor you have to do all of it. You can memorize all the biology and chemistry you want, but if you can't sell yourself and treat patients right then it is all useless.

Not even close to the top.

Completely different types of games.

Because we're talking about STEM jobs...

CEO is not a field you moron

And doctor is a "STEM" job that is not pure STEM. Talking about only its stem parts is literally useless

You are trying to cope with the fact you had to drop out of med school or idk, maybe you couldn't even survive as a pre-med kek.