How do you cope with the fact that we were born too early to achieve immortality and travel the universe

How do you cope with the fact that we were born too early to achieve immortality and travel the universe

If the speed of light is an absolute limit to the movement of matter, we will never leave the solar system anyway.

Are you 50 or older?

Maybe we can get a hold of some of them wormholes though, ay?

Freeze me until we find a way

No, but I'm probably too poor to afford anything made in the next ~80 years

I'm 5,000 years young and shitposting from Alpha Centauri.
Sucks to be you.

Why would you need to cope, there is no better time to discover than the time you are alive. I'm born in just the right time to create the first sentient machine, born just in time to create the first electric powered propulsion system that works both in a vacuum and in space. Born just in time for virtual reality, born just in time to solve riemann hypothesis and other conundrums, just in time to watch the first nuclear boom explosion filmed in HD. Born just in time to watch Trump become president, born just in time to experience the early years of the internet. Born just in time to witness Boston Dynamics create ninja robots.

If you feel like you were born in the wrong time, then there is no right time for you as there is always things happening and things you can do. Even in the age of exploration faggots like you existed.

But then you die and that's it.
We'll never get to experience the universe in its entirety

Stop being such a puss nihilist and enjoy yourself why you're here, faggot. That's the most we can do.

>being this retarded
YOU CAN TRAVEL TO THE ENTIRETY OF THE LOCAL GROUP AT SUBLIGHT SPEEDS

INTERSTELLAR AND INTERGALACTIC SPACE TRAVEL IS PISS EASY, IT JUST TAKES A LONG FUCKING TIME TO DO

too fucking bad
unless they are biologically immortal or cyborged up enough to be immortal, nobody would get to experience it

stop being a nihilistic cuck or go back in your shed and stop shitting up the place with your incessant kvetching

As have billions before us. Our job is to make it so our descendants have the chance, so nut up and do your job - and embrace oblivion.

>Implying 'head in a jar' technology wont be invented in less than 20 years
>Implying you dont plan to clone yourself and do a head transplant

Bro, immortality has already arrived, you just have to want it. You could spend 30 years mastering biology and biochemistry to create the first 'android' and place your brain into the apparatus.

1) We will never travel beyond our solar system.
2) Finite land and resources demands relatively short life spans.
3) Death gives meaning to life. You may die tomorrow. Why waste a second you're alive?

>immortality
I don't know about you, but I'm trying to make a lot of money as quickly as possible so that by the time I'm 40 I can afford one of those organ/muscle regeneration pills. Biologists successfully reversed the aging process in mice like a year ago. Give them 20 or so more years to iron out the kinks, factor in the singularity and how it's going to exponentially speed up medical discoveries, and it's pretty much guaranteed that you can live at least until the age of 200 if you just make it to 40. And if you have enough money.

And by the time you make it to 2200, there will be even more science and medicine to further prolong your life. You just keep doing that until we've come up with a way of amalgamating our brains with processors for increased intelligence. Or we can come up with a way to stop the aging of the brain, essentially getting a "reset" every set number of years, like with how you go cut your hair. It's gonna be great, OP. You just gotta thing long-term.

t. immortal :^)

Plot twist: we are too intellectually inferior

I don't give a shit about either of those things.

>We will never leave our solar system

Generation ships? It's easy.

No. We are too warlike. Technology will become so dangerous that it will destroy us. Brave New World is the only solution.

>factor in the singularity

>Death gives meaning to life.

this is the shittiest excuse to accept death as inevitable, ever.

i drink

there's so much fucking time and money being dumped into it that if it is possible, it will be done very soon
to deny this just shows you're retarded

After us will be brave new world, nobody will travel universe. We were born just in time to watch all the great anime out there, now is the best time ever, appreciate it.