How long did it take you to eat sushi the right way and that you've been breaking etiquette with ignorance before then?

How long did it take you to eat sushi the right way and that you've been breaking etiquette with ignorance before then?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GpemgyyT1e0
youtube.com/watch?v=ECiMOQMGG2I
youtube.com/watch?v=0b75cl4-qRE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I still do this.

Why?

Because it's great.

i find it funny that it seems like etiquette in most cultures was made by literal autists

>muh rice and fish must be prepared and eaten a specific way

I tale it to go amd eat it without any judgement for what i feel like doing with it. Youve taken the wrong pill. This is the best way to enjoy sushi

I bet you lose your shit if someone at the next table over in a restaurant orders their steak medium well.

Like we give a fuck about your meme culture

You wouldn't truly appreciate a burger if you ate it layer by layer with a fork

>literal autism

wew lad

>tfw only ever order takeout from shitskin restaurants so they can't be cunts about how I put their weird foreign food in my beautiful American body

Steak isn't supposed to be eaten medium well?

The only time I'd ever eat sushi the "right" way is if I was in some fancy restaurant where you pay for that specific experience

Well Anthony Bourdain co-wrote it

this.

most of the time when i have sushi, its at some sushi buffet or something. i dont give a fuck about "etiquette".

Aside from sushi, is there any other autistic "etiquette" in food?

I eat sushi with my hands.

plenty

Does sushi taste better when eaten the "proper" way?

At this point, I feel like if Veeky Forums just fucking stopped using the word "meme" for about a month or so, maybe the quality of discussion would actually fucking improve a little.

At least the Nips have a culture

Any worse than sushi?

pho

>inb4 pho internet defense force comes out of the woodwork to defend VIETNAMESE TASTELESS DISHWATER SWILL TRASH.

Wait what

As someone who was born in Japan, this "right way" to eat sushi is a myth. It's normal to use soy sauce. It's normal to add wasabi to the soy sauce. It's normal to eat sushi with your hands. I'm pretty sure this "proper way" is made up by American journalists and white sushi chefs.

I just left a pho place after getting into an argument with my gf, because she thought the bowl was too small for pho. It's just fucking food, eat it!

>normal to eat sushi with hands

Lmao absolute bullshit silly cunt hook wannabe

I don't know but dont some richfags have dinners with like 34 different types of spoons, forks and knives for their shitty meals?

Also is it true nips look down on you if you use forks to eat sushi or pretty much anything?

>It's normal to eat sushi with your hands
Except that's considered to be the proper way

Sushi is fingerfood. You use your hands. Chopsticks are for rice and noodles. Americans are stupid. Do you eat your burgers with chopsticks too?

how is anyone supposed to know? are we supposed to do extensive research before eating?

americans are too important for that. if there aren't detailed pictures on the menu we aren't interested.

>Lmao absolute bullshit silly cunt hook wannabe

lol what? It's finger food

Some people eat it with chopsticks, but it's like eating pizza with a fork and knife

Most people do it with their hands

True Nips will look down on you for not being a chink like them, so fork your sushi all you want, you'll always be a baka gaijin in that tiny space they see through.

Have you never eaten pho, without a gook standing over you? Those nice condiments and that plate of additions are not optional. You have to add them, in the proper order, and then mix the shit for 20 minutes, otherwise you have insulted Mother Mountain and Father Dragon.

youtube.com/watch?v=GpemgyyT1e0
>Clapistanians
>Important

Is Anthony Bourdain right?
youtube.com/watch?v=ECiMOQMGG2I

It's my food I'll do what the fuck I want with it you goddam chink

Why the hell is bourdain at a comic book convention

youtube.com/watch?v=0b75cl4-qRE
for anyone wonder about ACTUAL sushi etiquette

>theyre so autistic about eating pho the right way and using the best ingredients
>they use siracha sauce

Because he's such a character.

This is the best part, mixed my own bowl tonight. They had freshly made chili oil, awesome, right? Nope, needed sriracha as well. I hate that sugary shit, but it's not authentic Vietnamese pho without that American sauce.

>Those air raid sirens

For Americans sushi is an opportunity to show your friends how cultured and worldly you are by demonstrating that you can use chopsticks effortlessly.

He cowrote the comic in the OP
It's called Get Jiro

yeah i had a 9 course degustation dinner once
they had to autistically change your cutler and crockery every time you finish
at the end of it i was terrifically bored of the procedure,could've eaten it like a pig from plate to mouth and it wouldn't be any less of an experience

My sides

A lot of great things in life were made by literal autists, such as memes, computers and car detailing

I hope you know sriracha is a type of sauce and not just a brand, you fucking moron

Sushi is a modern convention
Koreans put blueberries and shrimp on "Pizza"
people are stupid

Why does he kill the second guy but not the guy who actually ordered the roll?

Look at the earlier page at the OP
The person he killed mixed wasabi with soy sauce, used chopsticks, picked it up fish side up, and dunked the nigiri in the sauce letting it fall apart and ruin its structure.
He probably would've killed the other guy if he didn't apologized immediately

So it's not appropriate to use chop sticks for sushi? Or just nigiri?

That wasabi with soy sauce bullshit only works for masking the taste of grocery store sushi. I had a mexican friend who would stuff an entire party platter of sushi up his ass then walk out of the store with it and then he'd do that wasabi soy sauce shit to make it palatable.

You use your hands apparently

>Not just eating it off the plate with your face like the dog you are
Why even bother

haha. newfag

Anthony Bordain is an insufferable faggot

The term "Sriracha sauce" has never officially been trademarked but its always been recognized as a brand of sauce since its inception. Think before you talk shit faggot.

>things that didnt happen

What should the word filter be?

Anyone here been to Japan? Their sushi is good and all, but I've had better in the States.

Did they do the traditional stuff?

You mean eating it with your hands? Because that's how you are supposed to eat sushi.

im viet and thats retarded.

I would eat sushi with a fork as it would be the actual civilized way to do it, not with some wooden sticks like a brute. This "etiquette" comes from the same people that never invented the mop so instead have to run ass up to scrub the floor with a giant brush like retards.

But then again what do I know about the ancient art of putting raw fish on rice folded a thousand times?

How do you do it then?

Are California rolls really a sin to sushi?

Of course. But it was hard pressed to get some avacado.

Who was in the wrong here?

this seemed like they had problems with whiteys always asking how to eat it. apparently its probably whitey tourist in sinagpore.

veg are additions, to taste. its poor people food having 'more' is always a plus. sprouts cuts salt. lemon brightens up the stock,
sauce is for dipping the meat. again optional to taste.
and yes slurp your noodle if you want, go to town. its not another god damned meal with a bowl of rice so fucking enjoy it.

>sriracha chili sauce and hoisin sauce are traditional condiments

lmfao what the fuck vietnamese are retarded

use chopsticks. grab noodles and eat. everything else is optional.

its fucking noodle soup cmon

Good think I'm not picking the goddamn sushi apart, you dip.

medium well is disgusting. it's still a little pink and uncooked

you're supposed to do that

Fake gooks.

but you're wrong though. you can go through life assuming everyone means huy fong brand whenever they say "sri racha", but you will often be surprised.

It's acceptable to use your have for nigiri.

bitch i'm an american i can eat food how ever i want you fag

>>>r/asianmasculinity

>sriracha is a traditional Vietnamese sauce
>not only must you eat your sink water and cellulose soup a specific, autistic way, but you must also eat it with sriracha
Enjoy still being jungle monkeys in 2017, vietnamese shits

It's just soup, user. Maybe it's time you moved out of the city.

it's the best.

It makes everything easier.

I eat it with my hands idc

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>beautiful American body
try reading that out loud and listen how dumb that sounds. Textbook definition of an oxymoron lmao

>Go to grorious nipponland
>Go out to order food
>Sit down at my table
>People randomly enter rooms and exclaim their love for the state of ohio
>Waiter doesn't come to the table, have to scream into megaphone and physically assault the first 3 people that walk by to show I mean business
>Noodles get there, waiter asks for my certification
>Need 3 years training and 2 certifications to be able to eat noodles properly
>Caught off guard I claim I left mine at home
>Entire shop goes quiet, noodle shop samurai (a position loosely affiliated with grocery store jesters here in the states) squats near my table and quietly judges me
>Unsure if he's scrutinizing me since everyone is squinting all the time anyways
>Waiter mumbles something about a baka gaijin and leaves the noodle bowl on the table
>I start to eat my noodles but the noodle shop samurai immediately slaps the bowl off the table and shouts about dishonor
>Drops a short knife on the table and instructs me to commit sudoku
>Dishonor my family by leaving instead of killing myself over a bowl of starch tubes

Wouldn't recommend it, nipland is a strange place

needs a gong in it somewhere

I eat rolls with sticks and nigiri with my hands since i find it the most practical for and hell yeah i mix wasabi with soy sauce its great fuck everyone who is bothered by this

You ruin the wasabi and you ruin the soy sauce
It also creates a mess

Are other cultures as autistic when it comes to eating? Do Indians frown at you if you use fork and plates instead of eating shit off the floor with your hand? Do americans get mad if their food isn't bathed in ranch sauce? do brits get upset if their food doesnt taste like shit?

It works for me and i like the taste

Indians are upset if you are using the ass washing hand for eating since they are a third world country who wash theire asses after shitting in the streets with a bare hand

I'm kind of curious why this gets labeled as "autism". It seems rather practical to me.

For example, if you have a piece of salmon sushi like the OP pic, why would you soak it in a big bowl of wasabi-spiked soy sauce? You obviously couldn't taste the fish over the strong saltiness of that much soy & the kick of the wasabi. There's no autism there, just common sense.

I don't give a shit about tradition for traditions sake. Who gives a fuck about doing something a certain way just because muh tradition? But when there's a solid reason involved things are quite different.

>No, NO! Pajeet! Left hand is for wiping! Do not eat with it! Stop this madness!
>But Mujab, you used your left hand while preparing the food
>This was different

India, not even once. Anyone got that UN study that showed Indian street food having an absurd amount of fecal matter and e-coli in it?