Professor user, is this going to be on the exam?

>Professor user, is this going to be on the exam?

Yfw he says maybe and winks while drinking soy

>he tells you probably not and then uses it out of spite

Who are you quoting?

>students just want you to tell them all of the problems that will be on the exam, because they'd rather play video games all day than study for 2 hours
>students blame you for their failures
>students legit believe "My Dad paid for this degree, so you better do your job and give me a good grade"

>>students legit believe "My Dad paid for this degree, so you better do your job and give me a good grade"
what kind of shithole do you teach at where the students didn't have to work hard to be admitted?

Professor tells you what will and not be on the exam when he is lecturing. Day before exam, all the people that skip classes show up and ask what will be on exam. Professor says everything covered is fair game. Professor posts notes online that cover everything from lecture and more. Watch normies struggle to learn everything when all they had to do was show up to lecture and pay attention. Laugh when I get a 95% and they scrape by with a 70%.

Yes, I'd prefer to only have to work a precise subject and not all of them because the hours I passed working on something that isn't on the test are not gonna show anyway and a lucky brainlet might even have better grades than me while I know a lot more than him, what's the problem with that ?

Sorry I'm only going to school because I see it as a way to higher my chances of having a good job and not because I actually care.

>professor covers additional content in lecture
>every friday he explains what exactly will be tested and goes over it again to make sure everyone understands
>normies skip every friday to party or something
Feels good knowing professor hates normies.

America
t. American

Germany, bad students just drop out

>Professor announces he's dropping the lowest test grade the day AFTER the last day you can drop the class
>Subtext is that anyone who had the balls to stay in the class despite having a D/C average suddenly sees their average boosted
What a madman. Extreme respect

>teach based on a grading system
>get mad when your students care more about getting good grades than learning the material

Apology not accepted. The trades offer equally lucrative work. You should take this up with your pathetic follower instinct.

>being motivated by approval

Not him but "the trades" offer a speedy path to opioid addiction and various joint surgeries and you know it
Ask my dad's entire side of the family

The only guy I know in trades runs a business and has a house worth close to a million dollars

>study hard
>work hard on the homework
>final comes around
>professor gives no information about it
>get killed because questions aren't anything like homework and there's not enough time

>barely study
>do homework in "study groups"
>look up last year's exams online
>drill similar problems to exam a few days before

You get what you promote.

>study easy 5-10 hours per week
>ace final regardless of format because I understood material
The brainlet life sounds like torture

this
format doesn't matter if you fucking know your shit

>that one kid who raises his hand to ask the same question you just answered five minutes ago
>that one kid who does everything in pen, writes illegibly, and crosses out half the page when he inevitably makes a mistake
>that one kid who shows up to your office 10 minutes before the exam and asks how to do every problem on the review sheet
>that one kid who never shows up to class, and doesn't even realize he's missed two exams
>that one kid who legitimately thinks the homework is optional and literally can't fathom how not doing it is hurting his grade

Public universities were a mistake

Very nice for him, specifically. You have obliterated the education industry. Your anecdote about this guy you know "in trades" has logically decimated universities nationwide. The high-paying, low-physical-demand fields of Engineering and Business no longer exist. There will be zero students in next semester's Comp Sci 101 courses. All of them will, wisely, run their own businesses in trades and buy expensive homes. Objective evidence about education level, income, drug use, and life expectancy- all of it rendered moot by the efficiency with which your friend "runs a business". You are the Veeky Forums king

me

>well all know
except i didn't know. why do you put in so much effort?
>Public universities were a mistake
oh yeah

Last one is me, had class at 8 stayed up until 5 trying to teach myself force triangles in statics (R vector = friction + Fn)

mfw not on midterm
mfw in computer engineering and will never see it again

Do professors actually go on Veeky Forums and post frogs and wojaks?

a 70% exceeds their expectations by 20%
Who's the cuck now?

Sadly me at the bottom. Ace exams do no homework get a B. Sorry teach.

You should be mad at your peers for putting shit they didnt cover on exams consistently enough that it is no longer a given that what you study is what you will see on the exam.

every human is motivated by approval to some degree or another you weeb

you are the ultimate brainlet if you cant apply principles to new problems

Some classes are trash, its perfectly normal to want to study for them as little as posible

>student asks a question about content
>thats for you to think about :)

>professor tells us we've covered everything and the next class will just be some semi related topics that we might think is interesting
>like 30% of the class shows up
>last 20 minutes of the class he gives us like 30% of what will come on the final exam

This is and okay practice IMO.

>illegible writing
I'm sorry

>3a1.jpg
hello Mugambpeutin

>Not writing always in pen

You disgust me

>grades aren't important, learning is important!
>Oh you wanted to do this job/graduate degree? Let me see the grades on your transcript

You say that like grades and learning are mutually exclusive. If you're actually learning, your grades won't keep you out of grad school or a job.

The point of classes isn't to memorize the contents of an exam and cover your ears at all other times.

>my grade is dipping to 3.4 instead of 3.5
>won't keep me out of grad school
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE fuck you.

Holy shit, grow up dude. You are severely overestimating the importance of GPA on grad admissions and setting pretty arbitrary cutoffs.

>>that one kid who does everything in pen, writes illegibly, and crosses out half the page when he inevitably makes a mistake
hey that's me!
i write really light so i use a pen so you can actually see it

How am I overestimating it? Maybe if I wanted to go to some shit school where a 2.75 is accepted or something this would be ok. BUT I NEED THAT 3.5/

Your GPA is borderline irrelevant. Nobody really gives a shit about your grades, seeing as they are almost totally arbitrary, and a 0.1 point distinction is meaningless. Recommendations, research, and subject GREs are all so much more important.

Then why do people ever go to shit schools for grad school if it is irrelevant?

Teacher's assistants do, at least

I don't understand your question. Do you think people are ranked in descending order by GPA and everyone with a 4.0 goes to a top 10, 3.5-4.0 top 35, etc? Hell, GPA loses all worth and meaning when compared across institutions.

tfw on german university
the university is forcing you to at least get 50% on every math homework because if not, you're not allowed to the exam

This has nothing to do with being motivated by approval or whatnot. Good grades are mandatory to get into selective schools/land a good job. They aren't everything that matters but shitty/average grades WILL hinder you

That's stupid. Allow everyone to take the exam, people who don't know the material won't pass it anyways.

> Multiple choice test
> none of the alternatives makes sense
> read and re read it for half a hour
> calls teacher and say nothing of this shit makes sense
>"Aw shit, CLASS, IGNORE QUESTION X I FUCKED UP"

>being this much of a brainlet

How is it my fault the nigga put 5 alternatives and all of them are wrong

>Prove X
>X isn't actually true

>wanting to waste time on grading people who are too dysfunctional to solve the easy half of the sheets

how could obamacare-haters understand
you dont need that much freedom. They are helping us and kick the brainlets halfway

>Test question asks to "briefly describe" something
>I write several paragraphs in essay format >Spend an entire paragraph going over the history of what I am describing

What are you on about you illiterate fuck

>have 3.0
>no research at all.
>GRE probably going to be high though, I'll study for it for a month straight and do 50-100 practice tests.

>recommendations will just be whatever because not enough office hrs bullshittin.

>never be able to afford the out of state tuition even if I do get in.

I'm totally fucked basically.

>describe in one or two sentences [...]
>describe it in 3 sentences

this

>describe in one or two sentences
>describe in two sentences, each of them made of 6 clauses

Only at bad schools. If you aren't good enough for a good school, then don't expect a good education.

>Good grades are mandatory to get into selective schools/land a good job
[citation needed]

>not minimizing degeneracy as much as possible
go study more

They are for college, grad school and employment is a different story.

>teacher gets pissed and doesn't read it, giving you a low mark.

Probably an Ivy League

Jesus fucking Christ I hate this shit, especially on math exams. I understand that there are 300+ students in the class, but there is more than one way to solve the problem. But if your answer(correct of course) doesn't match up with one of the choices, you're fucked. Now you have to take the time to do the problem in a different way which can possibly take a bit of time, which is extremely valuable on a timed test.

The majority of people don't give a shit.
College is just a mean to an end.
They want a job, not be a wonky communist professor with low test.

>finish exam
>everyone else came up with different results than you

You can find your study packet on the course website.
It's 150 pages

>You can find your study packet on the course website
>It's just the fucking textbook

>IS THIS GOING TO BE ON THE TEST?
>DO WE HAVE TO KNOW THIS?
>WILL THE TEST BE CURVED?
>WHY DID YOU MARK THAT WRONG? IT'S ONE POINT
>WHY DO I HAVE TO TAKE ORGANIC CHEMISTRY, I'M NOT GOING TO USE IT AS A DOCTOR
>I WONT NEED TO USE THIS WHEN I'M A DOCTOR

Fucking pre-med shitters. I hate them. They ruin every single class they're in, no matter what.

You don't pay tuition for grad school you moron. Does nobody even do any research before running their fucking mouths here?

>you don't pay tuition for grad school
(you)

moreover, they constantly cry on FB about: "Bwaaaaaaah chemistry is so haard, remember when we had to *insert completely trivial easy problem* at orgo?"

>Write a joke about the subject material on the test for the proffessor
ez A

>you are right

he's right. you dont.

I almost got a girlfriend once but she failed out of college and went home after our 4th date
Still mad

>Professor says that the paper should be 10-12 pages but there isn't a limit
>Writes 35 pages to spite him for giving meaningless assignments

Is this the thread where we larp as professors and TAs, instead of the socially-stunted failures we really are?
>inb4 projecting

>genetics class
>dumb cunt who wants to fucks the teacher rises one of her hoofs and asks what is a chromossome

>what is a chromossome
something you have one too many of

you know some of us actually are professors and TAs. we are a minority here for sure, but there are graduate students and younger professors here.

t. intro to bio TA

fuck off white knight

>its a multiple choice dominant exam with arbitrary questions that your prof assume you all know that was never covered

damn his autism

>when the class average is a 54%
who the fuck is at fault here?

No one is at fault. I don't see what the problem is?

>that kid who brought his parents in to ask me to pass him

right here

Why

worth a shot

>>hat one kid who does everything in pen, writes illegibly, and crosses out half the page when he inevitably makes a mistake
I'm sorry. I've switched to pencil.

It really isn't.

>professor stops writing on the board and goes very monotone for 3 minutes and makes you lose focus and then says "and that would make a good test question" before resuming the lecture.

I've actually had a couple students not come to class the entire semester, and the day before the final exam, claim that they have depression, and have a doctors note for the previous 16 weeks, and that if I don't accommodate them, I'm liable for a discrimination suit.

Of course, they did nothing when I told them they should have said something sooner.

I never paid tuition. This is a perk that graduate schools use to recruit good students. You have the option to TA and get free tuition as well as a poverty-level stipend you can live off of. I worked at most, 5 hours per week.

Were you approached or you asked for it?