Is the STEM bubble a common thing and how to get out of it

>Stats master, only 20 people in same year
>classmates nice, but spend a lot of time with them and 90% of the time stats is the topic (yes, even while drinking at the bars)
>try couchsurfing meetings to meet some normies and some chicks and get some other topics to talk about, 80% are doing CS stuff and want to talk about programming, want me to come to a computer club, etc
>try catholic student community, just physicists discussing, even the priest studied math, there are girls but they fucking study math of physics wtf
>just realize even my two flatmates study physics
>try sports course. Fucking mathematician asked what we study and now only wants to talk with me about stats and math
>spend remaining free time on Veeky Forums, looks like I'm subconsciously attracted to things that are not good for me in this dose

I feel like I can do whatever I want, I can never escape the STEM bubble. I can never have different topics in my free time when I want them. I can never meet normie chicks. I can never meet a girl that I can marry and have children with. I want to get out of this, pls no logics and math 24/7 anymore, pls

Do you have a similar problem and how have you overcome it?

Its probably where you're going to school

That sounds like heaven, most of us have the opposite problem.

Welcome to heaven.

wow wtf

You do know that's what you studied for, right?
To place yourself into a STEM sphere and STEM spheres are normally tightknit, so you're trapped now in your own STEM success.

>Do you have a similar problem and how have you overcome it?

I face something similar but it is not a problem, it is a blessing. I talk only with people who are also studying math as I consider other degrees inferior and basically pigs. And even within my circle of mathematicians I only invite/ask to hang out with the students I consider to be my intellectual equals. If the other students invite me to hang out I will accept, but I would never seek them.

But I have "overcome" it in the sense that there is a person who is not in math with whom I talk. She's my girlfriend. The reason she exists is that I would never date a math girl or a STEM girl in general because trust me, I've done that and it is shit.

Anyways, when I am girlfriend-less those are the only moments when I become social and actively interact with people outside my group. But after I find my gf I stop socializing and now just hang out with my group + have sex with my newly acquired gf.

It works for me, it should work for you.

No, you don't understand. Having almost no chicks around, and the few that are around are dry math autistics, takes all joy in life. It is extremely depressive when you actually want a family and you know that you are already behind schedule. No flirts that make you happy for the day, no long term luck because you are just wasting time, there can never come off a family from this live situation.

>nd you know that you are already behind schedule.

But is life really about having a schedule?

Would be good if my hypothetical children have a dad for at least 40-50 years
Also: my siblings and many of the research assistants here have a ring on their finger, so they kind of figured to get a wife

But you want a woman with a high IQ, don't you?

Try hanging out with -oh boy here it comes- English majors. I find that being friends with at least a few can really widen your perspective, as they tend to work pretty much opposite of STEM people in many ways. Go join a book club or take a minor or something

This. Why would you want stupid children with a normie? Your children will be a failure. They will never amount to anything in their lives because of their low IQ's. This is a shitty thread anyways. MODS should delete this.

>low IQ's
At least if he marries an English major they will be smart enough to know that there is no apostrophe in IQs. It's plural, smart guy. I bet you also write 90's for 1990s.

>not realizing English majors are one of the dumbest people that deserve to be unemployed
I hope your children end up even dumber.

Just admit that you were wrong and learn to use apostrophes correctly.

At least you have people to talk to at all, OP. Fuck you.

start to take up the fucking amazing hobby of growing fungal organisms. Shrooms are amazing. It's non addictive and you can't develop a dependency on it, so it's pretty safe. In addition, you'll get to know how to be a seasoned shroom hunter and show off your knowledge. People who use hellucinogens are very interesting, and contrary to popular belief, a very small percentage of them are the "peace" dudes. A surprising amount are cancer patients.

is it true they can't test your piss for this? i get tested for work

Nope

You know this makes me sad, but I can cry once I get a good salary and I can go to German brothel and fuck whores to make up for it.

that's a pretty good point. It really depends how thorough the test is. How often do you get tested?

its random. supposedly average of once every 2 years but who knows

Tests for hallucinogens cost, like, 10x as much as a normal piss test. No company is going to do that unless they have a reason to think you might have used them.

what if its the govt?

IDK what to tell you man, you have been very unlucky.

That's crazy that many people around you are on this math stuff. Expand your circle, most people don't like math.

wow a junkie trying to drag others down

>shrooms
>junkie
lol ok

I don't recommend this shit to everyone I had a friend who killed himself using that shit. Don't promote drug use you fucking degenerate. Except for steroids those make people aesthetically pleasing.

>Don't promote drug use
i actually didn't
>you fucking degenerate
whatever pussy
>Except for steroids
lolol ok

Actually, he was using a descriptivist approach, very post-modern.
>t. actual former English major

>Now you can add mycologists (STEM) to your bubble, the post.
How is this helpful, doesn't it just make the 'problem' worse?

His argument:
>Mushrooms made him kill himself!
Reductio ad absurdum:
>The gun made him kill himself!
No, he made him kill himself.
Quod erat demonstrandum.

I did Mushrooms it's not for everyone. I just tell people to do whatever they want, but it's better to take roids you actually get results.

I majored in physics for a few years and had that exact problem, only talking physics at parties and so. the solution were flatmates that wernt phsicists (even chemists are already quite different), I took language courses, did extracurricular activities like choir (especially good for meet girls that are non robots) and viited some lectures outside of physics, inmy case biology, but I know others, that took entry philosophy and stuff.

Join tinder if you want some dumb pussy

Every now and then you’ll find some not-so-dumb pussy too

What, how? I was pretty much just saying that it's an interesting hobby that attracts interesting people. It's not one that attracts elitist mathematicians.

Not him but that's a false equivalency. Guns don't alter your state of mind the same way a psychelic drug does. I've read of people who jumped off of windows while tripping because they thought they could fly.

Sums up almost every math teacher

I don't like you

>stats is real math

I dont understand, you are in university, what did you expect? If you dont like it you can always drop out and go to mcdonalds to flip burgers, I assure you no one will ask you stem related questions there.

Where do you go to Uni, Stanford or MIT or something?

>I can never meet normie chicks. I can never meet a girl that I can marry and have children with.
They no longer exist. today they are all looking for George Clooney level dudes.

Other that that I'd say you are doing pretty well. Enjoy it. You will get a good job that is well paid doing interesting things. most people will never do any of those things.

Real talk it sucks having older parents because the time with them is much more limited.

My mom was adopted and both her bio parents months and her adopted parents died (when she was 6 months and at 26 respectively). Father got married and got his kids pretty late. Late enough that his parents died a few years before my older bro (due to separate causes) was born since my dad was conceived when my grandmother was 46 and grandpa was 48 because my grandmom was thought of being completely barren (and they tried a lot for 20 years). So yeah I had no grandparents at all and the whole "they never got to see their grandkids things" is a big burden in his mind.

The grandkid pressure is so hard because my dad knows what it's like having the pressure of his parents wanting grandkids and he hates it but he just feels like he succumbs to demanding the same from us because although he is extreme fit and healthy he's starting to see people his age succumbing to illness and crippling issues and it gets to him. He just wants to see progress of somekind

>Guns don't alter your state of mind the same way a psychelic drug does.

Ever shot with perfect accuracy against a target at a gun range? It's pure euphoria.

and i've heard of people accidentally shooting themselves

>He just wants to see progress of somekind
Can't really blame him. Most people want to leave something behind after they are dead, and your own genes are a great legacy which could potentially be around forever. But only if each generation has children of course...