Do you like microwaves or do you avoid them like the plague?

Do you like microwaves or do you avoid them like the plague?

The last time I regularly used mine was when I didn't have an espresso machine yet and heated up the milk with it. Now I occasionally use it when I can't defrost something in time otherwise.

Luckily mine can also serve as a crappy oven, which I use all the time.

when i moved out it was the first thing i bought but now i cant even remember the last time i used mine for something aside from reheating left over take out chiniese

use them all the time

good for reheating leftovers for lunch etc. I also use mine to melt butter, heat up milk/water and sometimes to par cook potatoes/sweet potatoes before frying.

I use it to make oatmeal every morning. I also almost always cook food in batches so I constantly reheat food. I also buy a lot of vegetables frozen.
I use it at least once a day.

>avoid them like the plague

there is no such thing. literally every single person under a roof has one.

I know a person that doesn't have one because he literally doesn't see the use for it.

Great to make the following:
>Popcorn
>Oatmeal
>Rice
>Baked potato
>Noodles
>Bacon
>Steamed vegetables
>Nachos with cheese
>Dried herbs
>Toasted nuts
>Mugcake
>Poached eggs

That's what I usually use it for.

I went without a microwave for a few years and while the convenience is nice, they take up so much damn space in the kitchen. I would be fine going without desu.

>knowingly ruining the nutritional cotent of your food
use it every day

I use it to make oatmeal every single morning, plus reheating frozen dinner portions. Cooking a huge stew and freezing enough portions to last a week is comfy and frugal.

I only use it for leftovers

>Poached eggs
This is one of the best cooking hacks I have ever used. Every single one of them turns out perfect.

What is the timing/power level?

Use one egg at a time

- put 70 ml of water in a heat resistant bowl, with a dash of (white wine)vinegar.
- close the bowl (I use a small plate)
- full power for about 50 seconds. depends on the size of the egg.

If the egg-white is still transparent, nuke it for 10 more seconds.

Good luck!

When I was in college I thought it was a necessity, but I've since realized it's actually not that useful. Basically you can use an oven, pan, or kettle for anything you would microwave. My current apartment has one built-in but I don't think I'd buy one.

They are perfect for heating food I make in a batch then freeze. I can just grab a container, throw it in the microwave and nuke it for ten minutes while I stagger my way upstairs to shower off the grime of a long, long day.

I only use them at work to reheat leftovers and only because of time constraints

I threw out my microwave like 7 years ago at home, the only thing I ever used it for was to reheat chinese leftovers and that still only saves ~15m over using an oven

I been years without it. But since I have two kids and have to (re)heat baby milk in the middle of the night, I can't do without it.

And pouched eggs of course.

Neither, really. They do have some uses in the kitchen but they are fairly limited: reheating wet/soupy leftovers like stew, soup, pasta sauce, etc--and steaming.

On the other hand they are perfectly safe so I don't understand why some people freak out about them.

They have their uses but I try to avoid them whenever possible.

Neither. I am indifferent to them.

They are useful for reheating soup and pasta

Thats about it

This. I like cooking in batches so it's baller for that. Plus it's a great way to steam veggies and make some oats.

Oh and I use it often with baking. Easy way to soften butter, melt chocolate, heat a quick cup of water, etc.

i dont own a microwave and i probably never will. i only use them at work

They're decent for heating liquids, softening things super fast. Other than that I only use them to reheat food.

I don't have one because I don't see the use for it. Why use an entire machine just to unevenly warm food that I could have put on my stove instead?

I had one in my dorm room back in uni, but once I got an apartment I had no more use for it.

Aprently they we suposed to give me cancer already according to my mom. I use them regularly

My apartment came with one wall mounted, so it's not mine to ditch. However I will use it for heating up food in a pinch because my oven is a PUNK BITCH and takes forever to preheat. Typically I'm not an impatient eater but when you gotta jet you gotta jet.