Alright Veeky Forums, what's the best book in the bible?

alright Veeky Forums, what's the best book in the bible?

and why is it Genesis

Qoelet

>Qoelet
nice try jewbot

>Genesis > Qoelet
you must be a pleb

ok sell me on Qoelet then

Tied between John, Jobs, and Psalms.

how so? i agree that the book of job and psalms is genuinely intriguing as well as insightful, but john? really? elaborate friend :^)

1 Enoch

Corinthians

Gospel of Thomas
Corinthians

Fuck yeah, I was wondering why no one mentioned corinthians yet. Shit's fire.

Genesis is full of stories, I'd guess. But so is Judges.. stranger ones.

I haven't read the whole yet but I tore through the 4 books of Kings, 1-2 Samual, and 1-2 Kings. In contrast the wisdom books in the OT have been the hardest to read so far but thankfully I'm done with them.

Judges is one of the most violent things I've ever read

Genesis is good but the best book of the Bible is probably Job or Ecclesiastes.

Exodus. It's a good story whether you believe it or not

Never even considered a relationship between that book and Cormac's Encyclopedia of gangland Violence, BM. The Judge.... What variety, in both places.

Revelations, Jesus goes hard.

this, Exodus is God tier

haha get it

Job

Corinthians confirmed best book

>and why is it Genesis
Because it shits all over God and it's hilarious. God lies to Adam about the Fruit, calls for Adam and Eve because he doesn't know where they are, and holds a conversation with several other gods. Tell me again about this perfect, moral, infallible, all-knowing deity who is supposedly the only deity in existence, because I love laughing at him.

>holds a conversation with several other gods
Wrong. Fedora yet again demonstrates misunderstanding of the ol' bible-san.

anyting attributed 2 dis nigga

kangz n sheit

Ecclesiastes is the /r9k/ of the bible but I love it anyway

1ST TIMOTHY

But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

>Equating Ecclesiastes with /r9k/
You could not be more autistic if you tried.

Ecclesiastes is about the ultimate futility of chasing after earthly desires, not "n-no girl likes me...life sucks"

Peter Gabiel Genesis or Phil Collins Genesis?

have a brent rambo

He was a true playboy

This is what the Serpent tells Eve about the Fruit
>3:5 "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.”
And after God doles out the punishments, this happens.
>3:22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”
I imagine the "us" here refers to gods.

I will admit I misremembered the exact context, and that it would be more accurte to say that God seems to refer to himself and at least one other god or godlike being.

Hebrews, no question

God is many and one, in the same way that you are many cells but only one person.

You're not wrong.

Exodus. Genesis is boring as hell aside from the fratricide and I guess Noah

>Ecclesiastes
>not Lamentations
its literally nonstop depression beginning to end

Proverbs or Psalms.

My favorite books, I consider them essential
>Revelations
>Genesis
>Job
>John
>Wisdom

Interesting ones
>Psalms
>Enoch (Ethiopian)
>Malachi
>Acts

Google the 'royal we'

Habakkuk

the old testament has all the interesting adventure stories, the new testament is moral philosophy

I guess it's personal preference

>Revelations
>s

What's the one that's basically about the rantings of some old man about life?
he ain't too happy about it btw

Ecclesiastes

Revelations is very cinematic in its scope. It's the ideal end of the world framework for Christianity and its sects. The Messiah returns and there's the creation of new worlds beyond what the Scripture and the commentaries say.

Acts is very adventurous. It's basically Paul traveling the world and facing dangers to teach people about Jesus Christ.

John

You should google "Elohim".