A categorical imperative commands unconditionally that I should act in some way...

>A categorical imperative commands unconditionally that I should act in some way. So while hypothetical imperatives apply to me only on the condition that I have and set the goal of satisfying the desires that they tell me how to satisfy, categorical imperatives apply to me no matter what my goals and desires may be. Kant regards moral laws as categorical imperatives, which apply to everyone unconditionally. For example, the moral requirement to help others in need does not apply to me only if I desire to help others in need, and the duty not to steal is not suspended if I have some desire that I could satisfy by stealing. Moral laws do not have such conditions but rather apply unconditionally. That is why they apply to everyone in the same way.

Pretty spooky, huh?

No its rational, you have to understand the whole Critique to get it though

Kant was literally 5 feet tall. Is manlet philosophy applicable to people of normal stature?

it's rational in the system he sets up, you mean? where an experienced sense of guilt, etc. proves free will/choice of action? i'm not through the whole thing yet, but don't really see how that'd be resolved. i mean i get that it fits, am i still missing it?

>it's rational in the system he sets up
Both that and objectively rational, actually

Go back to Veeky Forums

It's "objectively rational" in the same way the phrase "A = A" is objectively rational.

>Veeky Forums is the new boogeyman
at least it's more exciting than /pol/

Manlets are specifically a Veeky Forums meme.

Really obtuse way of repackaging
>Do unto others as you would have them do unto you

You don't need to get through the whole thing, you need to reread that part, or maybe the entire book really. It's clear that you did not get it because:

>where an experienced sense of guilt, etc. proves free will/choice of action

That's fundamentally the opposite of what he's saying. And that's a pretty big part on his philosophy.

Just because they arrive at the same conclusion it does not mean that they are the same.

maybe i wasnt clear. that is not the opposite of what he's saying, though it is circular, so the opposite is also true. will post quotes from my computer.

It's specifically a way of repackaging that kinks out the moral loopholes in the Golden Rule.

you didnt understand at all m8

Why are the double digit IQ posters on this board so infatuated with Stirner? Is it because they think that they can just use the word "spook" as a tool to avoid enagging with any argument in an even semi-serious way?

hello 110-120 IQ

I heard that Kant uses freedom as a given to support morality in Groundworks and morality as a givnen to support freedom in the second critique.

Any Kantfags who can clear this up for me?

this is true as i understand it

>tfw actually 140 iq and realize that Kierkegaard ended philosophy a while ago

Don't make me say it.

Kierkegaard didn't finish philosophy because he didn't talk about every subject. You can, however, say something along the lines of "Kierkegaard pretty much finished philosophy and Wittgenstein put the last nail on the coffin".

this