What is the best kind of pizza, and why is it calzone?

What is the best kind of pizza, and why is it calzone?

Stromboli >calzone

Also buffalo chicken is goat at slice #1. Beyond that it gets tedious

For me, it's the Mcchicken. The best fast food pizza out there.

this

I hope you get raped by a gang of fucking niggers

calzone will always be the shame of italy, filthy degenerates from north italy made it

I didn't realize the culture war between Northern and Southern Italy was still that big of a deal.

Stromboli kicks calzone' ass all day long

Bump

Stromboli > Calzone in most cases.

There's a few edge case where a Calzone is a better choice, usually if you're making a pizza that's cheese heavy and meat light.

I've had a 5 cheese greek calzone that will make you dwell upon your mortality while you eat it.

would lamb in a calzone be good?

It's weird I've only ever seen calzones with caramelized cheese on em in places that weren't very authentically Italian. I wonder if it's technically "kosher"

looks delicious, user. What's your filling? Sausage ricotta?

I like to brush the tops of mine with EVOO, and coarse salt. They get golden from the oil and it tastes good. If I'm shopping just for calzones mood, like during a publix italian sale, I pick up the dough ball in the bakery cold case, the whole milk ricotta, wedge of romano, slices of smoked provolone, a garlic bulb, fresh spinach, and this awesome sun-dried tomato chicken sausage. I brown the sausage, and then saute the spinach and garlic once browned, and a little of that goes into each calzone with slices of provolone, parm and drained ricotta. I also cook them on parchment that I can slide from my sheet tray to on top of my pizza stone.

a calzone is not a pizza. a calzone is a pasty. get it right.

>does lamb go with bread

this is how retarded you sound

A calzone is a pizza if it's made in a pizzeria
A calzone is not a pizza if it's made in a deli

Deep dish nigger

Oh yes it's time to throw down, lets get weird.

I maintain that strip pizza is the most Italian kind of pizza because it relies on having a population of people who craves pizza sauce event at room temperature to survive.

Us Italians tend to be a stubborn people.

I'm pretty sure putting meat and dairy in the same dish isn't kosher.

There's a place in College Station, TX that serves up deep-fried calzones.

My friends, I would not lie to you here, it was the best goddamn thing I ever put in my mouth.

A calzone is a sandwich.

pizza is classified as an open-faced pie, so calzone wouldn't count as one.

If anthing, it's more of a pita