Holy shit i just tried butter for the first time and damn this shi is like 3x better than margarine

holy shit i just tried butter for the first time and damn this shi is like 3x better than margarine

Can you post your personal details? I want to report your parents for child abuse.

no
it's not THAT good

uma delicia

When you combine it with the fact that margarine is a literal poison, yeah, the whole situation is that bad.

You right. I grew up in a big family with less than affluent parents who bought those big tubs of margarine to save money. Bought some real butter for the first time when I moved out and holy shit the difference is night and day. Best part of living on your own is the ability to explore real food.

>Bought some real butter for the first time when I moved out
God damn that is just sad.

>milk pus eating shills ITT trying to act like hydrogenated oils aren't superior to gross cow pus infused grease

Kys meat murdering shills

Get some new bait

>Kys meat murdering shills

Literally the best thing about eating meat is the death. It's why it tastes so much better in Asia where you know the animal has died terrified and in agony. You can taste the pain.

Exquisite.

Exact same situation. Mom was saving money plus was always on some new fad diet. I didn't even realize there was a difference between butter and margarine until I was like 14 and started grabbing some groceries for myself.

It wasn't until I moved out that I actually bought butter.

> be est european
>ate butter first time at 25
> it's fucking fantastic on boiled corn and popcorn
> too bad no one in my family likes butter, that's why they never bought it
>also, everyone in my family is fit
> They all laugh when I eat butter/ junk food saying I'm getting fat
> actually I'm kind of putting a few extra kilos on me
What other food is good but not a lot of people eat it because it's bad for you?

Just wait until you try brown butter. Or cultured butter.

>nothing personell, pig

>I didn't even realize there was a difference between butter and margarine until I was like 14
I didn't either. I also though this and whipped cream were the same thing until about two years ago which is why I thought I didn't like whipped cream very much. I think the processing of foods into like-food-substance substitutions has really distorted what many people even think think they're eating.

People who only eat margerine and have never eaten butter don't really exist. r-right?

I'm not even sure how these things are possible. Even if your parents only bought the processed junk, surely you would have had a chance to try alternatives? Didn't you guys ever encounter real butter or real whipped cream when you were eating out at a restaurant? Traveling? When visiting friends or relatives? It's not like those foods are rare or special.

Holy shit OP same situation here. My family always used country crock butter or parkay(only for baking and very infrequently though), didnt even know it wasnt real butter.
So I always used that as butter. Recently was doing some research and discovered that the reason the parkay doesn't burn in the pot when you do popcorn is because it's not real butter. So I bought some of this Kerrygold butter (very expensive btw) and I melted it and poured it on the popcorn and it was fucking heaven. I didn't think it would make so much a difference at all, I couldn't believe it.

I don't think it matters for baking or anything where you don't taste the butter directly though, I used the kerrygold in a bunch of other recipes and it didn't make a difference.

>i just tried butter for the first time

It's about as healthy as butter

bad news friendo, the "cow puss" meme has been exhausted on this board for a while

I had to explain to my 50 year old mother in law that country crock was not actual butter. My mind was blown, Oklahoma is a hell of a place