Well Veeky Forums?

Well Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/ParticleAndNuclear/photon_mass.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's relative.

What's the radius of the sphere?

Someone tell me if my reasoning is flawed here: If an object somewhere in the universe is traveling at the speed of light relative to me, then I must be traveling at the speed of light relative to it. Everything seems normal right now to me, so no objects are doing that at the moment anywhere in the universe, right?

Trick question.

if you were traveling at the need of light, time would cease, at 99.9999999% everything would appear normal except you would probably be dead

speed of light is the same in all reference frames.

Who am I?

u see nothing because the light cant come back to u

Objects can't move at the speed of light, unless you mean photons. For something to travel at lightspeed it must be weightless.

*massless

my dude, it was a conceptual proof of what you just said. I'm asking if this scenario proves that objects cannot move at the speed of light.

I know "weightless" isn't much better, but I've started to avoid that term on Veeky Forums considering the controversy.

math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/ParticleAndNuclear/photon_mass.html

Not really. Your evidence is that "Everything seems normal", which is a nebulous concept, and your conclusion is a bit of a non-sequitur. There's no reason you should feel unusual due to something somewhere in the Universe moving impossibly fast. It's not like you can physically alter reality by looking at it differently; the environment doesn't change to accommodate a particular reference frame.

Why dead?

From the reference frame of the man in the mirror, the mirror is still and so is he, as such we would see the light from the torch as usual

Asking a physically impossible question yields physically impossible answers my dude

How do you expect to accelerate to speed?

go read einsteins early work esp. his 'thought experiments'. they are very readable.

knowing things takes effort and persistence, start now. it's hard and fun.

Is the QPU aligned?

underrated

You know the drill.

you fucking autist. my question does not require the impossible to happen. it was a conceptual proof that light speed is impossible, and it was wrong.

this actually makes sense, thanks