Do you get dressed up to go out to eat? Some people insist on getting all dolled up for Applebee's...

Do you get dressed up to go out to eat? Some people insist on getting all dolled up for Applebee's, but others just show up in a t shirt and flip flops. Thoughts?

Eh, depends on the situation. I went to melting pot the other day and just wore a t-shirt and jeans. But if it's like a family event I'll typically wear comfy-casual clothes that are appropriate.

the darker the restaurant is the nicer your clothes should be

I wear smart casual for most dinners, in the sense that my outfit contains jeans.

I'd usually go for black tighter-fitting ones for fancier spots, I've never gone somewhere that demands a suit.

I can't go out to eat somewhere in casual clothes, though. Not unless it was a fast-food place.

This unironically rings true.

Getting dressed up for Applebee's is pretty retarded.

Depends on the restaurant and occasion.

A wedding rehearsal at Whataburger.

Depends on the situation...if we're just grabbing some dinner on a week night ill dress casual but if it's more of a celebration ill dress up a bit more. Ill only go all out if it's a 5 star restaurant.

I wear a $1000 suit to Taco Bell.

Depends on what you mean by "Dress up". I think you should always put decent clothes on no matter where you go to eat, but really dressed up (aka suit and tie, or ties in general) should be left for classier events.

Never liked the trend of people just showing up in public with sweat pants and flip flops on. You look like trash, go home and dress like you mean it ffs. It's not "comfy" looking, it's just trash.

If I'm paying, I'm wearing whatever the fuck I want.
If I'm invited out or taking out friends/family, I dress casual, but nice.
Most of the time if it's some shit like Dennys or whatever, gym shorts and crocs.

Stained wifebeater, cargo shorts, sandals, 3 days no shave.

>Some people insist on getting all dolled up for Applebee's, but others just show up in a t shirt and flip flops.
the latter group makes more sense. why put more preparation into your outfit than they do for your meal?

I'm from the old south and am apart of some of the oldest debutante societies in North America. The rule any man should follow is you can never be overdressed, only underdressed. If it is business casual and you show up in a suit or non matching pant jack set without a tie, you are good. Don't show up in a tux, and obviously don't wear tails.

Generally, any decent man won't wear shorts. Unless you are doing athletic or outdoor work. Stick to khaki pants, navy pants, slacks, etc.

I never take my suit, nor trilby off, ever.

Self respect, for one.

You sound like an autistic shit. I work in a courthouse and if you're showing up to a court date in a wifebeater and sweatpants, that's one thing. But if you're having an autistic meltdown because someone wore a t-shirt to a chain restaurant, get over yourself. There's a time and a place.

Nice strawman nigger. All I said was to dress decently, t-shirt and jeans is fine for a chain restaurant, I just don't want people walking around dressed like they don't give a single shit with sweatpants, hoodies and sandals.

It's a two story Whataburger overlooking the bay, should I at least shave?

God I want to shave so bad right now but my hot water heater just broke.

This is how you know when you've graduated from bitchboy bullshit and have become a true baller: You wear what you feel like wearing no matter where you're going.

Me, I wear plain v-neck t-shirts, jeans, and slides/flops on the street year round. I don't give a FUCK what you or your sister thinks of my ugly-ass feet. If it breaks a restaurant's faggy little dress code, that's their problem, not mine. They can shut the fuck up with that bitch shit or I can eat somewhere else.

I wear sweat pants and hoodies sometimes and chicks check me out all the time? How does it feel having such shit taste that you don't know you can look good at them too? Fucking celebrities do it but noooo, i'm sure mr. Autist here knows what he is talking about.

The if you don't have the balls to walk up to them and say that to their face, then you might as well suck it up and ignore. Ain't hurting nobody but yourself silently seething like a faggot.

I'll dress up out of respect for the people I'm meeting/going with, but otherwise no, I just wear jean-shorts and some mono-colored shirt.

Didn't mean to trigger you so hard. Have your mum bring over some tendies and cool off lads. When you're ready to behave like adults let me know.

>Americans don't have electric kettles

>cries about what other people wear
>calls others immature and triggered

>fast food
As long as you can drive thru, you'll get served
>greasy spoon
Casual wear
>typical restaurant
Casual wear
>fine dining
Business casual
>upscale restaurant
Suit and tie

Just shave dry, pussy.

The butthurt is pretty obvious mate, you should go take a break

More obvious is how hard you're projecting. Want to see my flip flops? Want to see my dick?

>Want to see my dick?
N-no homo

>bitchboy
>bullshit
>FUCK
>ugly-ass
>faggy
>shut the fuck up
>bitch shit

sorry about your penis

All I said is people should dress like adults before leaving the house and you've been ree'ing ever since... but I tell you what, I can tell this means a lot to you so you can even reply to this post and get the last word in.

Depends on where you're going, and also on where you live and the expectations people have. I live in Southern California and I can walk into just about anywhere wearing shorts, sandals and tank top and feel fine. But if I go somewhere fancy on a date or some event I'll try harder and pull out the shirt and tie. To me I just don't see the need to be dressed up all the time. As long as your hygienes good, have clean matching clothes, and have some manners, you can get by most places. However I get that in some places expectations are different and people think it's weird to walk around in tanks and stuff

Wearing flip-flops to a restaraunt is a really white trash thing to do its really unhygienic and just makes things worse for everybody, fuck you if you da that

You eating off the floor boy?

thats like getting out the fine china for a hooker

What does food have to do with hookers? You have a feeder fetish or something?

Are you ok if someone comes by your table and takes a shit on the floor besides you? It's not on the table and not on the plate so it should be fine right?

It's rude as fuck, but it certainly doesn't affect the taste or the safety of my meal.

lmao at these crossposting retards from Veeky Forums
>b-b-but a real alpha doesn't caaarrreeee

This is good advice from Yoda.

I wouldn't be ok with it because of the smell but I find someone wearing sandals and someone taking a literal shit on the floor to be two completely unrelated things. Unless they have some severe hygiene problems I don't see a problem.

>these mental gymnastics
Wew.

What gymnastics?

u what m8

I remember that I added this guy on facebook and talked to him a few times. I think that his name is Thomas. He was a freaking idiot christian.

Are all americans like this?

Personally I just wear a thong, some socks and a bra.

Thats hot how big is your dick?

Ever since "the princess diaries" it seems like getting dressed up before going out to eat is really popular

no man you were moaning about sweat pants as if they were a problem.

dam he look fine

You talk like a faggy brodude or an even faggier brodude wannabe.

No way. Just be a bit drunk and have a lobster bib around your neck

I like not dressing up at all.

It really improves my experience to go to niceish restaurants (not nice enough to where the manager is paid enough to tell me to fuck off) and just act as white trash as possible.

90% of patrons wearing business casual to formal? Check out my uncut toenails feeding into my loud ass flip flops as I slide my pasty 2 days unwashed "Cutty Sark" t shirt and khaki shorts which have obviously not been washed in a week into the seat next to you.

makes me kek all the time.

I try to go for that "he must be well off because he came in a nice car and isnt wearing mainstream shit like gap or express but what the fuck"

No, I sound like a baller. You sound like a bitch.

You need to go to therapy

t. Another fucking Baller.
>brofist

Depends on the place. I mean, even with a lot of chain "sit down" places, like who cares, but if I am gonna be spending over $30+ for my meal, I'm gonna at least look presentable.

For fast food, they should be happy as long as I'm wearing clothes.

Standard family chain restaurant would be jeans and a t-shirt. Maybe trim my beard a bit.

Marginally nicer chain restaurant or a unique family place might warrant a polo shirt or something. Shaving my beard is likely.

Places that are actually nice would be a button down, dress pants, belt, dress shoes, and a coat and tie if necessary. Clean shaven is a must for me.

A bitch who could snatch your girl from under your arm, maybe.

>mfw you can buy that exact tie at Wal-Mart for like 5 dollars

This desu, or depending on the price of the entrees (once you reach 30 dollars for an entree you better be repping)

>this is exactly what I wore to the chinese buffet with my brother

I wear a button snap tracksuit and just rip that shit off right after my order is taken

I've never had to consider this because I've never had enough money to go to anything more high scale than a goddamn olive garden.

Of all the boards to make me bemoan my station in life, I didn't expect it to be Veeky Forums

>yfw images of chicken tendies, sips, and shit food makes you fully realize how much of a failure you are in life

I don't even like tendies.

However BK cheesy tots are back, which are may favorite sorrow food of all time.

>maybe
Sounds like a lack of confidence to me, bitch. She don't throw sympathy fucks LMAO

Veeky Forums needs to leave. It's like someone took /r9k/ and gave them a testosterone cycle and a lobotomy.

Depends on the quality of the restaurant. I'm definitely not gonna dress up for fucking applebee's.

really depends on the place and situation.

Awh beta, don't get those tears all over my dick.

Do you pay hookers to eat dinner with you before sex? Do you need to talk to someone, are you okay?

Maybe as in "I may be a bitch, but i'll steal your girl" not "maybe i can steal your girl." I can definitely steal your girl.

If entrees tend to cost upward of 20 bucks, I at least throw on a button-down shirt and tuck it in.