>new orleans

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ao3lqNqXZrg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Clinton, Ontario

Oxford

Zagreb

Since USA is big I will use my state.

San Francisco (Bay Area if that counts).

Kenosha, WI

what about oakland man

also whats the least Veeky Forums place in california, san diego?

feel like somewhere in west texas would be Veeky Forums; midland or odessa

Yo, wanna meet and talk about lit sometime? Never met any Wisconsinites on here.

Glasgow > Edinburgh

>what about oakland man
I would say Berkeley is more Veeky Forums but I was also thinking of Oakland when I wrote that. SF has become more tech oriented lately but people there seem well read and I find lots of bookstores whenever I visit. The bay area in general is Veeky Forums but then you travel southeast to Steinbeck land.

San Diego is probably not very Veeky Forums (I like it though). Modern LA is definitely not Veeky Forums in the way I think of it. Bakersfield is probably the least Veeky Forums city in the world, although if Modesto, Fresno, or Stockton mattered they would be right down with them.

Ciudad de Mexico

>San Francisco is Veeky Forums
Absolutely not. Unless you consider only having read the communist manifesto as being Veeky Forums.

Toronto. It's also the best city in thec world hands down.

Buenos Aires. More bookstores per capita in the world. Seems odd to me how it barely gets mentioned here.

I wouldn't say that's especially a good thing. The city with the most brothels probably doesn't produce many beautiful women.

Weimar, bitches

kek

Maybe a few centuries ago, today it's a provincial town that's slowly dying.

That's true.

don't you call it DF anymore?

Portland, OR.

Tell me about Big Sur, would it be Veeky Forums too ?

Bergen on the surface, actually Haugesund or Skien

I've never been there and while it looks pretty and I'd like to visit it isn't Veeky Forums.

They'll try and tell you it's Melbourne, but don't believe the hype. Where it's really at? Look no further than ADL: R a d e l a i d e

Burlington, VT

name one writer from Toronto.

I suppose it'd have to be Paris.

RUPI kaur

Barcelona probably
Agreed

This

Not him, but I'm also from WI. Really want to find some people to talk about books with. Don't know how we would exchange info over Veeky Forums, though.

Oxford, MS

Yas

The most Veeky Forums city in the US is somewhere in New England.

Maybe Boston or somewhere in Vermont.

In fact, New England is probably the only area in the US that has a discernible culture.

Amsterdam(?)

as a boston resident it is definitely not even close to being the most Veeky Forums city in the US lol
youtube.com/watch?v=Ao3lqNqXZrg

providence is more Veeky Forums than boston

oh TRUE

>implikacije da nije neki grad u Istri

Saint Petersburg

There are no Veeky Forums cities in this shithole.

Montreal. I'm not a Quebeker, but it's true.
Yeah, no. I love Toronto, but no.

Hull, of course. It is the City of Culture.
Wrong.

>Bergen
Oh God what a fucking shithole. At least you've got Hans, right?

I'm so sorry user.

Either Turku or Helsinki

This

not Vancouver

Definitely not

midland
odessa

dude i'm from texas and those places are shitholes. unless you want to work in the oilfield. no place in Texas desu. Austin 20 years ago but it's a tech hotspot now. Maybe Marfa way out west. Might be some old rich hippies to mooch off of.

I think OP meant literary, not literally lit

yeah working on a rig would be lit dude

R-I-O

Clinton isn't Toronto. And Mordecai Richler's a bum.

You kidding, right? Rio's culture is nothing but base hedonism.

I do but faggots changed the name

Kys New Englander

New York City
Are the rest of you even trying?

Providence, Rhode Island.

How so?

Iowa City

more bookstores means more books/readers, not writers you retard, your example makes no sense

I second New Orleans

Ciudad de Mexico.

If you're Canadian and aren't living here, you lack imagination.

Balarat

Tegucigalpa

:(

Nope. Stockton is the most literary town in Cali.

lmao its a backwater

Portland only because of Powell's
Eugene has Ken Kesey though

Hanover, NH is the most Veeky Forums town in USA.

Yeah, couple hundred years ago maybe. Now it's Leipzig.

>saxony
>literary
You'd have to learn German first.

trashy opinion
inner-city minas gerais is the only possible answer

- Buchmesse with hundreds and hundreds of readings and Performances
- Deutsches Literaturinstitut where dozens of famous german writers studied (Clemens Meyer, Juli Zeh - she sucks of course though-, Wolfram Lotz,...) and where Herta Müller and Hans Ulrich Treichel lectured
- Deutsche Nationalbibliothek

Sorry, pal. Weimar's great, but come on.

Well, I'm American so it's obviously Boston.

Its gotta be New York. I don't have the audacity to promote my home town.

I didn't say it was definitely Boston, just somewhere in New England.

I'm from Pennsylvania.

kek

Only correct posts

Frankfurt
>larger world-renowned Buchmesse
>Goethe-Universität where dozens of famous philosophers and sociologists studied and lectured
>Deutsche Nationalbibliothek and its HQ
smug_frog.jpg

Oslo is obviously the most lit city, and if we're going by meme cities Tvedestrand is more lit than Haugesund or Skien.

Exactly.

Backwaters are cozy af to write in. Not a lot of distractions. The city is just coming into its own culturally. Small enough that any medium sized community of artists is basically guaranteed an audience.

As for Victoria specifically, it's a piece of art in terms of city planning. Probably the coziest city I've ever lived in, with lots of fresh air and water. Even seals and sea lions that come up to shore and visit people.
It's also the satanist capital of North America, has the oldest China town in North America (which used to be full of opium dens and brothels)
The designer of it's trademark hotel "The Empress" (which btw is aesthetically perfect) was murdered in a crime of passion by his wife's lover.
The city has a parliament building (which is open to the public most days) and a castle in it, while being only a 30 minute drive from the great outdoors.
Finally, it's also full of homeless people, which can be interesting sometimes. I once had a two hour conversation with one guy about Dionysus, religious experience, and how to "freebase" rubbing alcohol. He wrote poetry too, proving just how much the artistic spirit permeates this city.
Did I mention there's also a booming film industry? Or that it's home to both Abe's books and Amazon?

Right now I'm living in an even smaller, more isolated backwater town in BC, and I'm loving it. The most productive I've ever been I was living in a town of 2,000 people which had problems with electricity and running water and where everyone knew each other.

If you're moving to New York just to be another uninspired "artist" who's only claim to fame is living in New York, while paying an insane amount of your parents money in rent so you can be another face in the crowd, well you're doing it wrong.

Holy fuck, I want more...

I might be moving to Boston soon. What makes it so Veeky Forums. What literary things are going on there?

Historically New England was home to some of the US's most memed writers. Plus it's the setting for many great books.

I maintain Providence is superior to Boston. Nantucket, to me, is more Veeky Forums than Boston.

Boston is /fitlit/

>West"deutsch"land

Surely you're joking.

>New orleans
>Veeky Forums
stop hanging around the faggot only spots you hang around in

that was my point.

>Nantucket
Besides Moby Dick what's so Veeky Forums about Nantucket?

>only area with a discernible culture

Have you ever left the Northeast?

Hay on Wye

i would have said monterey
but then i'm not from there

Any city along the Mississippi river.

Its a hotbed for literary talent.