Is Chem. Eng a meme field?

Should I just do chemistry or materials science?

chemistry bruh
if your country has developed industry, go for chemistry, it's a really decent job and it's quite interesting

Chemistry is just watered down ChemE. Take inorganic and analytic chem and you have a chem double major.

You have that all separated? Is that in the USA?

>chemistry is watered down ChemE
huh?

what are the downfalls of chem. eng?

My country isn't first world, but the industry's decent (oil refining/bauxite,alumina, alcohol, etc.). I'm studing in the US though.
With chem eng, could I still work in the chemistry field?

I really don't know the education system in the US, but I believe chem eng probably work in the industry.
But if you're really interested in chemistry field, analytic chemistry is the thing tho, it's kinda boring if you ask me
But maybe you'd like, check it

>Chem eng pissbreath sperg pipelord thinks that taking 1st year organic is basically a chem degree

analytic chem is for autist who just wanna look at spectres and shit, not doing any actual lab work

I did both chemistry and chem eng for my undergrad, chem eng was more fun tbqh and that's what I went for grad school.

>Eeeeh gad!

lol

So would a chem eng degree allow one to get into chemistry positions? I'd like to get into R&D but wouldn't mind working in industry.

"Chemistry is just watered down ChemE"

Found the glorified plumber

Your way of writing is the most obnoxious and infuriating I've come upon so far. Congratulations you absolute fucking waste of space, you've managed to enrage me not by the content of your comment, which is just you being a little bitch boy about a subject you're too much of a brainlet to understand, but by its very form. Please fuck off.

triggered, and by the format, not the meaning, of a post.

I guess nobody really expected to be able to UNDERSTAND anything, they just have to produce results

>Your way of writing is the most obnoxious and infuriating I've come upon so far
>you've managed to enrage me not by the content of your comment but by its very form

>bitch boy about a subject you're too much of a brainlet to understand!

I think you're mad for all of the above - but mostly the latter.

You dont take much chemistry in chemE desu...I would choose Chem over chemE, but material science over both. I regret not going to a school with material science for undergrad

>glorified plumber
Not him, but could you expand on that please?

>don't do much chem in chemE
So was it mostly transport physics and process optimization?

you should shave your head and become a crystal meth kingpin

Maybe yes, but if you want to do R&D, then chemistry is the choice.
Also a chem eng degree doesn't really give you the mindset of a chemist, especially in the R&D. (at least that's how I see them)

From my very short experience is easier to get into the industry as a chemist than in the R&D as a chem eng. (but then again, really depends on the position/field)

thanks for the reply. seems like materials engis have it even easier.

Are you retarded? How did you even know how to use a computer?

Chem eng has hardly any chem. If you choose chemical engineering have fun designing giant mixing bowls for McDonald's chicken mcnugget goo.

chem engis isn't where you want to go, but you're prob a euro so w.e