What is Veeky Forums's opinion on Kaku?

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on Kaku?

I am seeing him speak tommorow

Kinda fun to listen to but very opinionated and overly optimistic about the future (not quite Kurzweil tier though). He seems to have written some useful textbooks on string theory but I'm probably not doing physics after undergrad so not much importance to me.

When it comes to pop tier stuff, there are better people to listen to. If you want a decent popular presenter for string theory, listen to Brian Greene.

I appreciate his enthusiasm but I don't like his approach to pop-sci. At best, telling your audience we'll have forcefields and Star Trek teleporters in decades is overly optimistic, at worst it's pulling conclusions out of your asshole and feeding the public bad science.

He's better than Tyson in that he's actually done some decent research, mind you.

>He's better than Tyson in that he's actually done some decent research, mind you.
Plus the skin color

Thanks, will be interesting to see how a crowd of radiologists receive him

Bring some cans of silly string.

He is a genuinely respectable researcher, and while opinionated, is not nearly as smug as someone like Neil Tyson.
>Kaku has had more than 70 articles published in physics journals such as Physical Review, covering topics such as superstring theory, supergravity, supersymmetry, and hadronic physics.[6] In 1974, Kaku and Prof. Keiji Kikkawa of Osaka University co-authored the first papers describing string theory in a field form.[7]
>Kaku is the author of several textbooks on string theory and quantum field theory.
His volume of output dwarfs Affirmative Action man.

cargo cult prophet

Like most scientists, his grasp of physics is okay, but his understanding of human society are fucking laughably naive.

Dazzling the uninformed with mediochre explanations of 1950 era sci fi

bullshit artist

>His volume of output dwarfs Affirmative Action man.
No shit. He is still a bullshit artist.

He's a good scientist and a terrible author.

>interfaces with public using optimistic pov because thats what captures the adventurous spirit of scientific discovery
>Gets called a bullshit artist by all his autist peers

Is he still doing any serious research?

I can not find any paper of his from before 1999.

But is it meaningful and reasonably accurate?

He actually is one though. Pop sci is dogshit that should never have been created. Scientists should be telling people the truth: they're destroying themselves and need to stop. And not just with global warming. This global warming one trick pony is getting out of hand.

I literally change the channel when I see him on TV

Don't get me wrong, he certainly smart and know a lot about physics, but 99% of the docus he appears in are bollocks

People dont give a shit about the truth even if they could understand it, its better to just feed them the morsels they will take than say nothing if only because it might inspire some of them to become scientists themselves.

We know. But they still don't deserve visions of rainbows for their insolence, arrogance and destructive narcissism.

Atleast Tyson doesn't have a grain of rice for a dick

t. nigger

Hi Neil

He takes "we haven't proved it's impossible" to mean "we *will* have teleporters, FTL and time travel in the future". That's of no use to anybody, except giving gullible laypeople a feeling of wide-eyed amazement based on a bunch of lies, and filling his account with book sales and speech fees that the normies gobble up like crazy because nothing sells better than grandiose dreams.