Modafinil

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16140369
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Don’t know. Tried adrafinil and it worked okay. Ordered some fluoromodadinil, gonna see how that goes.

It helps me to be productive but no noticeable cognitive ameliorations

I've been taking it for 3 months. The first 2 days all I got was a strong headache, the rest I didn't feel anything. I still had to take naps on some days. It's probably overhyped placebo.

Useless, you are unironically better off having a coffee. Good constipation remedy though.

About 10-20% of people will get virtually no effect from modafinil, hence why these threads are always filled with people saying its useless.

Modafinil works. It is a 110% productivity day in the form of a pill. There is a reason why Silicon Valley is flooded with this shit.

also modafinil's effects are dependent on your IQ, if your IQ is already high it won't do much
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16140369

>narcolepsy medication

What are you implying it's meant to do other than keep you awake

I like to take it when I fall behind on my work and that's precisely why. I can sleep like 3 hours and with Modafinil make it through the whole day being productive the entire time.
I don't notice any cognitive benefits other than being awake/alert.

>implying drug designers can precisely engineer molecules to do specifically one thing

Its pretty good.

I watch Rick and Morty so modafinil probably wouldn't do anything to me

nothing, it literally doesn't do shit except for keeping you awake and no study can prove it
modafinil is snake oil, retards from reddit will believe any bro science

Anyone can watch rick and morty, what really matters is if you [math]understand[/math] rick and morty

What's your JPM? (joker understood per minute?) if it's anything under than 120 you may as well be a brainlet.

Modafinil will definitely stimulate and provide energy like a coffee but lasts much longer. It's relatively safe.

The problem with the people using it and any other study drug is that they don't enjoy or want to be studying what they are in the first place. Focusing and understanding something shouldn't be a battle with yourself.

You can think of it like a TV show. If you enjoy a TV show it will have your full attention and focus, you can understand it or you will do your best to understand what's going on. Whereas with a TV show you don't enjoy, it's much harder to focus on it or understand it at a level someone else might.

Modafinil will increase your stamina to concentrate on something you don't enjoy, but to truly study something you need to enjoy it in the first place.

I used it a few times exactly to keep me awake to work more.

The notion that it makes you work harder or makes you smarter is complete bullshit is what I was getting at

>Tfw too intelligent for modafinil

no retard
coffee is stimulating because of caffeine which is clearly a stimulant
modafinil is hardly considered a stimulant

I know this is off topic but can we agree that the parts of rick and North that people don't understand arnt even science related? Like, in the "pickle rick" episode the whole pickle part was just meant to be a funny sub story that serves as a back drop for the main plot which focuses on Ricks inability to do the required work to be happy? I'm really not trying to be some Reddit tier asshole or something, I enjoyed rick and morty and never felt that enjoying it made me some fucking genius, it just seems like an alright show.

Druggie threads go in>>> /b/ kid.

It dosn`t really make you smarter, just more awake, which for most people can result it effectivly being smarter.
Personally I just take it for the confidence boost it gives me

Don’t do drugs

Please do drugs

Don't do drugs

Modafinil upregulates dopamine. This inherently makes it a stimulant. It doesn't just "help you stay awake". And unlike Adderall, which directly effects dopamine receptors, the dopamine upregulation from modafinil is a downstream effect, so it seems to be much safer. Your body's normal regulatory systems are still in action.

It also seems to have some interesting anti-inflammatory effects in the brain.

Good dopamine metabolism + low inflammation seem to be a keep ingredient for high IQ, but they are likely just 2 components out of many. Modafinil gives you two of these in pill form. That's pretty significant I'd say.