Math professors can't make students excited about math

>math professors can't make students excited about math
>math professors prefer to put their students to make retarded homeworks with not explanation of why they need to learn that or the history of such discovery
>math history isn't even taugh in schools
math education is a dog pile of shit.

all math teachers should be put in the gulags and shoot.

they could literally make small kids interested into math if they simply used videogame programming to teach why math is used.

I disagree.
SolVing a tough proof or coming up with an interesting algorithm gets my dick hard.

At the end of the day, you should want to do math. If you don't, why would the professor give a fuck?

because a lot of high IQ people was scared from math because of shit garbage education.

had to download a bunch of math for dummies books up to second year of engineering because I want to code games and can't do shit without math.

and I'm not a brainlet.

>At the end of the day, you should want to do math. If you don't, why would the professor give a fuck?
In higher level maths, sure, but I hated the subject until I moved in with someone who was a math major and I realized that it's a much more fascinating subject than any of my teachers ever let on.
I mean I know there are developmental issues with the maturing brain that put up roadblocks to abstractions and variables but I can't help but think theres a better way to approach teaching the subject.
Or maybe I'm just mad because I was always remedial in math, and by the time I started "getting it" I was way behind the curve. Always been one of my major regrets of youth.

>I sucked at math because shit garbage education
>had to download a bunch of math for dummies books up to second year
>of engineering
>I want to code games
>and I'm not a brainlet
holy shit my sides

I agree with the math history part.
Mathematics should be taught along with the events that motivated it.

1) It isn't a professor's job to make you interested in a subject that you intentionally enrolled in to study.
2) It isn't a math professor's job to motivate the subject material.
3) Math history is pretty much irrelevant horseshit and you will bog yourself down learning a bunch of outdated approaches and shitty historical definitions. Trust me, don't do it. I went down that rabbit hole and will never get my time back.

A math professor's job is to connect you with resources that will enable you learn on your own. That's why they are called "professors," because they profess what they know. They don't shove it down your throat and make you learn it because they're not "teachers." Their job isn't to "learn you." The "retarded homeworks" are the math professor handholding you because you probably are a retarded freshman with no independent study skills or time management ability.

>all math teachers should be put in the gulags and shoot.
This is at least something that we can agree on, but math teachers and math professors are two different things.
>if they simply used videogame programming to teach why math is used.
lol terrible idea.

>can't do math
>in engineering
>wants to code games
I hope to god you are in software engineering. The fact that you even got into engineering goes to show that some engineering fields shouldn't be engineering I.e software, agricultural ...etc

>what is self teaching yourself using youtube

It's not my job to spoonfeed brainlets. If they don't see why maths is important, then they shouldn't be in uni.

>t. khan academy brainlet

>Engineering fields that aren't exclusively focused on constructing monumental phalluses aren't real engineering.
The fact that you got into engineering isn't all that surprising.

This post comes with a $45 copay.

you are retarded for even requiring professor to teach you shit. You have textbooks, you have countless books and other material on internet. You should only go to lectures to receive assignments and do tests.

>with not explanation of why they need to learn that
what is solving problems and applying what you learned

>or the history of such discovery
go to history class or look up this is after class

My current professor actually does this sometimes, makes it more engaging.

>The fact that copy pasta fields that tack on engineering should be considered real engineering

Software engineering is computer science for people who want the engineering title.

>If you don't, why would the professor give a fuck?

Because his boss will be pissed at him for having a high percentage of failing students and could risk lossing his ob and becoming homeless because he couldn't pay the rent and end as a homeless drunk living under a bridge.

I've had good professors and bad professors. The good ones always taught the history and application. They where passionate not just about mathematics but passionate about teaching and seeing their students not just learn but understand.

Then I had bad ones where they just present material and show how to solve problems. These professors always had a significant portion of the grade being attendance (the good professors had interesting enough lectures that you would be excited to attend) the bad ones you could skip and read the text.

The bad ones usually had to scale like a motherfucker because their class averages would be in the 50's and 60's.

A bad professor isn't an excuse to drop out or fail, it simply means that you need to exercise other sets of skills such as learning on your own and doing your own research.

.prefer to put their students to make retarded homeworks with not explanation
kys brainlet

Don’t do math

>math professors prefer to put their students to make retarded homeworks with not explanation of why they need to learn that or the history of such discovery
>professors
Then
>all math teachers should be put in the gulags and shoot.
????

Let the interested in. Not fucking everyone like what happened to programming.

THIS

If you don't like math, you don't like math. I learned algebra in the 4th grade with a toy that just gave algebra problems with no instruction on how to do them. Figured that shit out myself because I enjoyed the challenge.

I'm guessing the kind of math youre talking about is below calculus, in which case there is no particular applications; the shit is used literally everywhere.

found the butthurt "D"-student