What in gods name is this hell on earth, this human experience of animal instinct versus benevolent compassion...

What in gods name is this hell on earth, this human experience of animal instinct versus benevolent compassion? What the fuck does evolution have in store for us a hundred thousand or even a million years from now?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncase.me/trust/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nothing. Evolution has no predefined end point.

But it has an agenda.

That agenda is irrelevant, and evolution is as well. Evolution is slow and and imprecise, we exist to create and father the a successor species. Whether they are made of metal or flesh, who knows. But man is neither made for nor adapted for the stars let alone this universe.

Brainlets afraid of AI, Potentially they are our successors and they will be concidered part of our lineage as a species, and they will create a successor species eventually too. And this will all be as natural as a mother having a child. We are all gonna die, but we shouldn't panic about it, we are gonna live side by side with our successor and our population will decrease gradually, but in no way will the man die lonely, he will die in his bed surrounded by the his children.

I like the way you think user, but the agenda of evolution is not irrelevant to my curiosity. Evolution of the universe itself is fucking killing me with curiosity. Were the laws already predetermined before the big bang, confined within the singularity just waiting to be released with space time and matter?

you like ghost in the shell dont you user?

yes.
The important question is, is it one timeline or many. As well, what is the base system? Is the standard model the lowest abstraction? Or is there more? Oh and if many timelines, how many? (could be limited based on the limited rules, or the rules may create a fractal of infinite possible timelines)

Multiple timelines as in multiple universes? And if so, if there are numerous singularities each with the same laws/space/time/matter just waiting to be released, couldn't that be interpreted as a steady state theory?

>evolution has an agenda
the what now?

>evolution of animal instinct versus benevolent compassion

ncase.me/trust/
This website lays it out pretty well. We already see much of this in today's society, but this behavior may be genetically embedded, or even it's knowledge of how it works may be genetically embedded in which case it'd lead to a whole meta game theory.

This
You can make predictions on possible outcomes if X, Y and Z conditions are met, but then you'd have to predict if those conditions are met, and so on and so on. At best you can calculate a probability, but even if you have ALL the data needed I doubt we have a computer that can crunch that many numbers.

Evsolution is constantly moving towards organization. Life is anyway, i dont know how to interpret the universe from the point of the singularity onwards with entropy always increasing.

Complete drivel.

Figures this shitty fucking tablet won't pull up that website, can you give me a quick rundown pl0x

Its how i interpret it. Pools of bacteria to what we are now seems like organization to me.

interpret it however you like, but you're wrong. there's no teleology in evolutionary theory.

I dont assume there is, but atoms combining over and over and over into more and more complex configurations over billions of years is oddly curious, I guess organization is a subjective human concept as you seem to imply

I think I simply misinterpreted what you were saying

No, there is certainly a part of me that craves order, that is dying to put things in order. It is a part of my curiosity, but i must remain open to anything.

The manic passionate part of me is unwilling to accept there is no order. I like that part of me.

Do you believe in only the material universe, user? Do you subscribe to any spiritual belief system?

I do not subscribe to any spiritual belief system. I recognize my emotions work a certain way which requires certain behavior to control them, I guess thats a form of spirituality.

At the very least, it appears you have your own standards and ethics that drives your life and behavior. You also understand we have certain inclinations that must be subdued, and that we can't give free reign to all our thoughts, emotions, and inclinations.

I am a Christian, and from my POV, I could explain the hell and suffering on earth and the solution to that. While we are here on earth, we must also suffer the curse that God subjected creation to for man's disobedience and sin entering the world.

We can escape this hell on earth by believing in his Son, Christ Jesus, who was crucified and gave his life for us sinners. I live in this world, and know that this pain is temporary, and have a code of ethics not my own that shows me how to live my life a better way.

You may not believe in spirituality, but certainly you believe in concepts like love and kindness, even if you ascribe mere biological processes to them. I'm sure you also believe that though we are material, we are greater than the sum of our parts, for we possess a mind unlike that of any other species. We are able to understand things they can't, and have an inclination in our hearts for eternity.

I have an inclination for an understanding of infinity/eternity. I would actually prefer to cease perception once dead.

hey friendo, have you ever tried to grow plants from only seeds? even harder is to do it from dried seeds versus seeds fresh from a ripe fruit.

do it, if you haven't done it yet, and you will see how insane it is for all this sophisticated information to be stored in a seed, and for it to grow into a plant given the necessary and sufficient conditions.

then as your plant grows it will yield a way to spread fruit, seeds, flowers, etc. and propagate more plants. how does this all work.

there are two questions mainly at play, what is all this raw matter we see in all its infinite variability, and second, where does the information guiding it come from.

we have no foundational basis for how to explain this stuff, because even logic fails sometimes.

atoms combining into chemicals and molecules randomly is certainly possibly, but clearly there is an INFORMATIONAL aspect that is also guiding/determining this behavior, even though that behavior changes.

>evolution = 1

not necessarily, bud....it could be cyclical, as in, evolution moves towards organization and then disorganization.

for example, millions of species of living organisms, plants, lizards, animals, insects etc. evolved, became organized and then became EXTINCT.

if evolution was constantly moving towards more and more positive and better organization, these mass extinction events wouldn't happen. so even if things get more organized over time, that organization can be destroyed or flattened by a random natural disaster, a plague, etc.

just look at what's going on with human societies for example, we're moving in a direction of MORE disorder and MORE societal disintegration.

chaos and order are not opponents, they are just two different parts of the cyclical process.

that which can successfully resist chaos retains its order, and gets to continue onward. that which cannot resist chaos/entropy/stress, will die.

So, you wish to die? You don't have a desire to live forever? What keeps you from dying now? (not that I want you to, nor that I believe you do either)

You do realize that your desire is senseless. You learn the nature of infinity/eternity, and then you loose this meaning in death.

We all have an inclination to live forever.

Fuck no I don't want to live forever, I would however like to live however long it would take to know whatever answers/secrets we are capable of uncovering about the universe/reality/everything. And then I want to die after the excitement wears off or the depression takes over.

Those extinctions and deteriorations you speak of seem to be required for continued progress, a clearing of a path so to speak, but I'm not arguing with you. You are correct.

You only say you don't want to live forever because you haven't experienced true joy. A life without pain and suffering. I've had but a taste of true joy and satisfaction, and I want more.

Your eventual end sounds extremely depressing. I don't wish that for you. You can be happy user, the gift is free. All you have to do is accept it.

Fuck ya, that's good shit.

What do you mean by we have no foundational basis for how to explain, that even logic fails sometimes

I think he meant that being self aware for an infinite amount of time can be maddening, specially if you are not "alive". So he would rather have his conscience cease to exist after death.

Im happy when im eating cookies and potato chips or running with dogs or smoking weed, I'm content with those things.

Singing, losing control and becoming immersed in maniacal emotional fury

Fuck ya nigga, you get it

That's not what Christians believe, though. I agree that would be exceedingly tortuous.

>Im happy when im eating cookies and potato chips or running with dogs or smoking weed, I'm content with those things.

But you are also saying this earth is hell and you also want to know what it's really all about. What is humanities final destination, as it were.

Science gives a bleak answer. Because of the Laws of Thermodynamics, the Universe will eventually disperse all it's energy evenly, all stars will cease to produce energy, and nothing will be capable of being alive. If you are satisfied with that answer and eternal nothingness, well you are free to believe that.

I don't want to wash away into nothingness. If that's true, there is no meaning to life. It wounds the soul on such a profound level, that anything I achieve here will be gone, that all that we love and cherish will turn to nothing. It doesn't make any sense user. You know it doesn't.

Of course it makes sense, everything makes sense. It may be scary and depressing, but if thats the way it goes so be it. That truth does not take away from the value i place in things now.

And I say the earth is hell because I have an overly dramatic maniacal side to me. The earth is just asmuch paradise as it is hell.

Even though I do agree that life has no meaning, I dont think that anything you achieve here will be gone. Even the smallest of things you do, from your shittiest mistakes to having met your friends in a specific time and place, are history. Not human history, but rather the past. I cant be changed, and even if its insignificant it still is proof that you were alive and there.