Why is this "mindfulness meditation" meme being pushed so hard at universities to deal with stress despite it being a...

Why is this "mindfulness meditation" meme being pushed so hard at universities to deal with stress despite it being a pseudoscience? How is pretending to forget about all your worries and problems in your life going to make you less stressful?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_on_meditation
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/jan/23/is-mindfulness-making-us-ill
cultresearch.org/meditation-may-be-hazardous/
youtube.com/watch?v=W46n4XLL3D8
youtube.com/watch?v=s6Ch8Q_yXsY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I tried mindfulness. it didnt do shit. meditation is a meme. wanna know what truly helps me? ASMR, SSRIs, lifting and increasing your test

But forgetting about your worries does help. I don't tend to have many worries or much stress as I am a math major and life is as easy as can be. But the last time shit piled onto me what I did was do something I had not done since high school, binge watch a shit ton of anime in my room with my door locked.

Having all those stories in my mind made me forget about everything and after I came out of that I finally solved the issues I had not been able to solve for the past 2 weeks.

Obviously, I don't even value that new age bullshit but distracting yourself is a good method. Call it anime therapy.

>mindfulness
>pretending to forget
How are you able to rationalize to yourself that paying more attention to your thoughts equates to pretending to forget things?
This is one of the most retarded Veeky Forums posts I've read this week.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_on_meditation

I don't much like the idea of (semi-)permanently altering the way my mind works to increase (((productivity))). I've seen some negative articles about it too, but not much research into adverse effects of mindfulness/meditation has been done.
theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/jan/23/is-mindfulness-making-us-ill
cultresearch.org/meditation-may-be-hazardous/

I don't think there can be any doubt about the motivations of those who want to raise your stress-tolerance.

>((()))
Why do you do this to yourself? Just stay in your board. Everyone here thinks you are a freak. You are the internet version of a crazy guy screaming THE END IS NEAR on the streets. Just stay in your board and be happy. There everyone is also a crazy person so you can share your misery. Here, I'll even give you the link:

>another poster spooked by the /pol/ bogeyman

I'm not even a poltard, I searched for better words to express this but that meme is literally the most succinct and clearest. Can't expect everyone on here to have read Debord or whomever but surely we all recognize the meme parens.

It does help with managing mental disorders, a lot of research confirms it
But anyone saying it improves any aspect of cognition is full of shit and retarded, no research has been able to prove it

Yeah let's definitely trust the guy who claims to speak for an entire board while delivering a tribalist and delusionally dismissive argument based entirely on identity.

You don't sound like a shill at all.

>Everyone here thinks you are a freak.
Speak for yourself.

Mindfulness is more of an anti-dissociative thing.

>ASMR
ASMR is basically meditation though. There's like two ways to meditate: you can either focus on one sensation to the exclusion of others, or be in a highly receptive state in which your attention can flow from one sensation to another seamlessly. Either way, the point is to empty your head. ASMR, at least the no-talking kind, gets the job done.

Right. Stress is your brain wanting to solve problems it can't solve right now. "Distracting" yourself is another way of saying not ruminating, allowing you to reinforce other pathways for a while.

Which is productive, because whatever you were doing before wasn't a solution, otherwise you wouldn't be stressed. Gaining fresh legs is never bad.

I promise I'm not a new age fag guys, I just got kidnapped by zen assholes a couple years ago.

>I promise I'm not a new age fag guys
Why the homophobia?

My friend was converted to one of these meditation and spirituality dude. He believes in ghosts, demons, angels, and shit like that now. This thing gives you schizophrenia or at least schizoaffective traits.

maybe if your IQ is below 100

How do you know it isn't new age phobia and I'm just legitimately a fag

He's an Ashkenazi and he is smarter than I am.

then you both are under 100 IQ
im sorry to hear that

Considering you think meditation causes people to believe in angels, I'm not sure being smarter than you is much of a benchmark.

>How do you know it isn't new age phobia and I'm just legitimately a fag
Real gays don't use homophobic slurs.

Mock me all you want. Consider yourself warned about "mindfulness".

That's not remotely true you enormous shitchugging queer.

Wrong. Fags love to be called faggot as I split their ass.

>ASMR is basically meditation though
wrong

I do not listen to ASMR to empty my head. I listen to it to relax

for example when I study I begin with something fast and energizing youtube.com/watch?v=W46n4XLL3D8 and when I start to be exhausted I switch to ASMR like youtube.com/watch?v=s6Ch8Q_yXsY to come down again and then take a short break not listening to anything. I repeat this cycle and can study much longer and more effectively and I do the same for pretty much everything else, waking up vs going to sleep, during gym vs after gym and so on

and at no time while I listen to ASMR do I ever empty my head

>2 hours nightcore compilation
kek

>That's not remotely true you enormous shitchugging queer.
>Wrong. Fags love to be called faggot as I split their ass.
Nice LARPing you heteros.

Stop eating the bait

it's actually a good mix if you would listen to it before judging. or are you are a /mu/tard who only listens to obscure trash noises? I have this theory that more intelligent people listen to faster music because the only people I know who listen to slow music are unintelligent. it should come as no surprise that blacks and hispanics listen to hiphop, rap and dubstep while asians produce a shitton of great EDM

I was just listening to some pretty fast music but I also like slow music, and music of moderate tempo.

>2 hours nightcore compilation
who let you in here?

>at no time while I listen to ASMR do I ever empty my head
If you're listening to it to go to sleep then you probably are, but okay.

For everyone who isn't you, ASMR can be essentially a mediation track (wierd girlfriend roleplays notwithstanding). I really wasn't talking about you personally, I was talking about ASMR.

you