What books offer guidance to rid yourself from mediocrity? No cringy American self-help bullshit

What books offer guidance to rid yourself from mediocrity? No cringy American self-help bullshit.

Practice is the only way to greatness.

If youre mediocre you will always be, deep down. If youre not, you cant be.
But your definition of the word is probably different than mine, so...
>READ MORE XDDDDD THAT WILL CHANGE YOU LMAO etc etc

>No cringy American self-help bullshit
>posts pic related, who has only become popular today via people selling the 'stoic mindset'/self help marketing.

You're obviously a newfag. Leave.

>book widely read and revered for centuries
>only become popular today via people selling the 'stoic mindset'
Kek. The teenagers on this board are getting edgier by the second.

Its not like reading it today is due to being some well read everyman like JFK. More than likely you learned about it from Reddit.

Divine Comedy. Not even kidding.

Going through hell was a breeze, all fun and games, but by the end of Purgatory it's starting to fuck up my mind. I can progress only a few stanzas per day, and I've constant feeling it's all staying with me for good. Wicked christian magic.

Your post is retarded on so many levels it's fascinating.

We read it in school because I had a real education.

Thus spoke Zarathustra - Nietzsche is pretty good too.

Seneca, Letters to Lucilius.

Also, you're undoubtedly less mediocre once you've read Borges, IMO.

This is my first post on this board. I was introduced to Veeky Forums by /fitlit/. So yes, I am a newfag. If the concensus is that I should leave, I will.

Now, while it's easy to attack me on pic related; I've been reading Epictetus since I was 14 so in my view it's not justified to call me out on my posting a pic of Aurelius here. The anchients have written some of the best literature to lift up your spirits and make something of your life. That's the kind of stuff I was hoping to see posted here.

lmao ignore that kid

>reading Epictetus since I was 14
Given how little surviving work of his there is, you are either 15 or barely literate.

Don't leave, he is just salty that you are a Chad who is going to steal his intellectual pussy.

God speed user

Read auto-biographies of great men.
The Holy Bible.
Ancient Greek philosophy and literature.

All good books. The world's your oyster.

The Apology.

I've been on Veeky Forums since 2003 and I have no idea who Epictetus is

best auto-biographies of great men?

Can this include physical mediocrity as well?

What's the best philosophy to read that will justify my future plastic surgeries?

ALL AND EVERYTHING
Ten books in three series by Gurdjieff.

Kek my thoughts exactly.

Tailor it to your interests. Interested in sports? Read sports autobiographies. Interested in politics? Read Mein Kampf. Interested in business? Read business autobiographies.

Read as much philosophy as you can. Nietzsche,Heidegger, E.M Cioran. Start writing as well and try to lay down your values and goals in the most truthful method you can. Read more, edit your creed/manifesto as you go along.

>Cioran
The most valueless writer you could pick, there is nothing to learn from him.

>Heidegger
Good luck without a formal education.

>Nietzsche
This is doable, but with secondary literature too, otherwise he will end up misintepreting something (it is very easy to load everything Nietzsche says with autobiographical traits and facts of yours).

What school? I've studied in one of the best classical licei in Firenze and he was ignored in the literature course, and never approached in the Latin one. I call bullshit on this, I'm 99% sure that you've just seen it on Reddit or Veeky Forums

"Lives" by Giorgio Vasari will either crush or amplify all of your creative ambitions. Also it's a full tour on the Italian Rinascimento.

Lost in the Cosmos by Walker Percy
It's American
And it bills itself as a self help book
But it is by no means typical of or even part of that genre, except by name
And it's not bullshit, nor is it cringey
It'll make you think

>It's American
Americans have no culture.

Québec, Canada. We learn in one of our three philosophy course in Cégep.

But nice try m8.

Plato, for one. Internalizing the Socratic method will make you less of an idiot. It will probably lead to low self-confidence and confusion however.

You'll need courage after that, which will be the real key to getting rid of mediocrity. Attempting something, failing, failing, and then succeeding. Learning to enjoy that, and then not enjoying doing nothing naturally.

After that talk of mediocrity will just seem silly.

You probably are right about Cioran. For Heidegger a few companion literature's could prove helpful for those without a formal education.

What would you suggest the OP read? Genuinely interested as you seem to know your shit.

False. Maybe true of America as a whole, but the South has a decently good literary tradition.

Which version are you reading?
I picked up the oxford classic not long ago and it is next cab off the rank. I'm hoping the translation does it justice.

Lmao I'm here because of fitlit aswell.
We all gonna make it

Read Nietzsche and accept your fate

>>Cioran
>The most valueless writer you could pick, there is nothing to learn from him.
His writing style is nice and worthy of imitation.

The Ego and Its Own. Despook yourself. Who gives a fuck?

>What books offer guidance to rid yourself from mediocrity?
Isn't that a dream only mediocre people can have? What kind of people achieve it?

weininger
seekers shouldnt be discouraged

This.