If I emailed Freeman Dyson, would I get any response?

If I emailed Freeman Dyson, would I get any response?

sns.ias.edu/dyson

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/letters-to-a-heretic-an-email-conversation-with-climate-change-sceptic-professor-freeman-dyson-2224912.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeman_Dyson#Early_life
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Erdős#Life
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>If I emailed Freeman Dyson, would I get any response?
Why don't you try and find out?

80% of scientists email you back

I was going to ask him about why he doesn't believe in climate change

>I was going to ask him about why he doesn't believe in climate change
How can you know he doesn't believe in climate change without knowing why he doesn't believe in climate change? Try using google instead of wasting space in his inbox
independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/letters-to-a-heretic-an-email-conversation-with-climate-change-sceptic-professor-freeman-dyson-2224912.html

Dyson sounds senile. He couldn't even answer the questions or back up his claims, he just fell back on the old fake skeptic persecution complex.

>independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/letters-to-a-heretic-an-email-conversation-with-climate-change-sceptic-professor-freeman-dyson-2224912.html
He's not wrong.

I just emailed him warning that some Veeky Forums retard was about to email him and that he shouldn't reply

He's "not even wrong"

He probably gets a lot of emails.

>First of all, please cut out the mention of Einstein. To compare me to Einstein is silly and annoying.

Based Dyson

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeman_Dyson#Early_life
>At the age of five he calculated the number of atoms in the sun
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Erdős#Life
>By the age of four, given a person’s age, he could calculate in his head, how many seconds they had lived
What's wrong with these people? Why couldn't I be born a fucking ubergenius?

this isn't that impressive
>he wasn't figuring out number theory proofs by first grade

can we start prank calling/emailing famous scientists? or at least piper harron or something

>Dyson's cell phone number is public

what should i say to him?

this actually is extremely impressive, probably more than 99.99% of people on this board couldn't calculate their age in seconds all in their head

up to you user, but be nice to him :3

I knew a scientist (Tom VanFlandern) at US Naval Observatory who didn't believe in relativity. Even highly-educated people can be crackpots. It takes all kinds.

>I knew a scientist (Tom VanFlandern) at US Naval Observatory who didn't believe in relativity. Even highly-educated people can be crackpots. It takes all kinds.
I've even seen people on Veeky Forums who don't believe in the axiom of choice

That's nothing, I've seen people who don't believe in the real numbers.

And I thank you for that

I mean HE thanks you for that

Nice try Freeman.

>If I emailed Freeman Dyson, would I get any response?
Yes. He would email you back and deny that you emailed hin.

>That's nothing, I've seen people who don't believe in the real numbers.
Believing in something made up.

Mostly being born into a great environment and being exposed to such things really early. Basically, it's everyone's parent's fault.

>Basically, it's everyone's parent's fault.
Indeed, but not for the reasons you listed (it's the genes, stupid).

Whole math is made up, that doesn't prevent it from being useful and beautiful.

>I was going to ask him about why he doesn't believe in climate change
Then ask him?

No, it has nothing to do with environment retard. Them doing this at such a young age proves it's all genetic. Take 1000 toddlers and create perfect environment for them, none will be able to do it.

I was reading since before i was 2 and grew up into mediocre CS faggot, while kid in my class that started reading at 7 is doing world-class research in verification.
It's all about the environment, if i had access to better books, i wouldn't have to hunt for little pieces of interesting knowledge in popsci pseud magazines. My parents were terrible and didn't give a fuck about my interests, instead of giving me a textbook for birthday, i got fucking cars and other useless crap, even though i explicitly told them that i wanted to know about physics and chemistry, because they wanted me to be an example boy.
I only got access to knowledge when i was 15 and could pay for my library fees (yes, in my shithole of a country, you pay entrance fee). In the end i gave up on pursuing physics because i'm way too behind on it. Maybe i'll get master's in theoretical physics, if i manage to catch up.
If you take 1000 toddlers and create a perfect environment, sure only several will be able to do it, but all these toddlers will grow to be outstanding scientists.

so what you're saying is that 2 average or below average intelligence people can't have a genius child?
top kek, your case is only a confirmation of importance of genetics

What i'm saying is even if you're a gifted child, it doesn't matter if your environment doesn't allow you to develop. Especially in science, environment is much more important in determining whether you succeed or not.

хaй нapoд

top fucking kek

Too poor of a bait, my friendo, he won't fall for it.