I met Don DeLillo on the D train this morning. He was sitting alone in the last car...

I met Don DeLillo on the D train this morning. He was sitting alone in the last car, reading "The Histories" by Herodotus.

>Hi, Mr. DeLillo. I love your work.

He thanked me for the compliment. His voice was quite raspy, and he coughed a bit, as if there were some viscous fluid lodged in his throat.

>If I may, sir, do you have any projects in the works?
>I do, yes.

He didn't seem irritated by my question, and in fact he was almost open to the conversation.

>What about? I enjoyed Zero-K very much.
>Thank you. It is a novel. It is an exploration of the internet's impact on globalization, and how certain groups on the web collude anonymously to obstruct the processes of democracy in America and Western Europe.

I was floored. I stood in silence for several seconds.

>W-w-wow, Mr. DeLillo. I cannot wait to read it.
>Call me Don, he said.

When we got to Fordham Road station he closed his book, smiled, and walked off the train into the fog of commuting bodies.

Can you believe it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9k_TNk2mtTA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I had an encounter with Thomas Pynchon in January but out of respect for him I won't go into detail.

I met John Green on the D train this morning. He was sitting alone in the last car, reading "The Catcher in the Rye" by Salinger.

>Hi, Mr. Green. I love your work.

He thanked me for the compliment. His voice was quite raspy, and he coughed a bit, as if there were some viscous fluid lodged in his throat.

>I do, yes.

He didn't seem irritated by my question, and in fact he was almost open to the conversation.

>What about? I enjoyed Looking for Alaska very much.
>Thank you. It is a novel. It is about teen refugee from Siria who likes cocks very much. He die in the end.

>W-w-wow, Mr. Green. I cannot wait to read it.
>Call me John, he said.

When we got to Fordham Road station he closed his book, smiled, and walked off the train into the fog of commuting bodies.

Can you believe it?

I can believe it.

BS

I never took Veeky Forums for a LARPing board.

Weird. When I met him, in the supermarket, he was quite rude. Did some odd opening and closing of his hand in my face and made the cashier scan each of his items individually (even though many were multiples of the same item).

Life is a LARP

I imagine him wearing a leather jacket

Why doesn't it surprise me that good writers have this much autism?

Electrical infetterance is a real problem, you know

He was muttering about "electrical infetterance" or something too, which made me think of white noise.

I know this whole thread is a meme, but I'm pretty sure I saw Pynchon once while I was in NYC. We made eye contact and he shook his head at me.

>he shook his head at me
This really made me laugh. Thanks for sharing

Unlike everyone else in this thread, I actually did see Thomas Pynchon in a book store in NYC, browsing the cookbook section. I grabbed the store's copy of Gravity's Rainbow and said "Hey, Tom!" to get his attention. I pointed to the book and back at him a few times before he finally said, "No one calls me Tom" and immediately left the store.

Nobody would know if they saw Pubchon because he got his teeth fixed and hasn't been photographed since he was 20.

>It is an exploration of the internet's impact on globalization, and how certain groups on the web collude anonymously to obstruct the processes of democracy in America and Western Europe.

Well, Underworld he basically tells you "lurk, but don't post." And the step-son in Zero K...well...

I know this is some pasta but Delillo wouldn't describe the internet that way. He's not like Vollman. He doesn't get his politics from Emma Watson.

All the world's a shitpost -Billy the Shakes

i met michael chabon once

Cool story Michael Chabon

Fake and gay

It's not fake, dummy. A photographer tracked him down and stalked him for a bit. After he took the photo, he tried to shake Pynchon's hand and he told him to fuck off.

You can also see Pynchon in this CNN bit.
youtube.com/watch?v=9k_TNk2mtTA
He's the guy in the red hat at 3:22.

It should be obvious to everyone that he doesn't actually exist.

>I met Don DeLillo on the D train this morning
2017 + no pic = lying faggot

Holy shit dude, you got us a big one here. I'll look forward.

Which are DeLillo's best books?

libra, underworld, the names, players, ratners star, zero k

Don't have to take a photo of everything/one. Kinda rude now that people run up to others with the phone out, snap a photo, run off and plead for internet points

What about White Noise? It's the only one I see mentioned here.

don told me this never happened. stop spreading falsehoods.

It's pretty overrated, but it's a fine introduction to his themes.

Were you expecting a selfie? I thought Veeky Forums was above that.

What do you think guys? Is he talking about Veeky Forums shilling? If so, which of them all? Or all of it? Is it possible that Don DeLillo himself could watch this thread?
Does he shitpost?

Pics or it didn't happen

it was a telephone conversation; would you like me to take and upload a picture of my iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Gold?

why doesn't it surprise me that someone believed that post?

Personally I think this:

>how certain groups on the web collude anonymously to obstruct the processes of democracy in America and Western Europe.

Is in reference to something like Cambridge Analytica. Which isn't overtly anonymous but the way they propagate targeted political ads/content they might as well be.

Guys, OP here. I mistyped. He didn't say
>Call me Don
He said
>Call me The Don

>Is it possible that Don DeLillo himself could watch this thread? Does he shitpost?

Has said in interviews that he does not use the internet.

Not OP. Didn't Happen

You can provide us a screenshot of the call log, number visible, for us to call him ourselves.

What you say seems interesting. How can I spot Cambridge Analytica ads?

He might have said that, but now he's writing a novel about the web. That changes everything.

What do you think OP?

was he cool? I just read the Yiddish Policeman's Union. Also heard him on NPR reading one if his short stories. He seemed fun.

why does he looks like he's been lobotomized? what did they do to him???

sorry but people of a certain status, within the circles that i cohort in, don't want their contact info exposed to the public

He was a subject in the MK Ultra experiments during the 60s and 70s. When they uncovered some of the messages he'd hidden in his earlier works, they injected cedar oil into his eyeballs and essentially lobotomized him. Alas, it didn't have the intended effect.

-TRP

pants on fire

>it is about teen refugee from Siria who likes cock very much
>he die in the end

No leather jacket. Just a plain grey collared shirt tucked into his jeans. It was warm today.

Do you think we can, dare I say it, also.call him Don?

le

lo

S M H F A M

You cannot. He said only OP can call him Don.

But he didn't

I met Michel Houellebecq on the D train this morning. He was sitting alone in the last car, reading "“2083 – A European Declaration of Independence" by Anders Breivik.

>Hi, Mr. Houellebecq. I love your work.

>I do, yes.

>What about? I enjoyed Submission very much.

>Thank you. It is a novel. It is about a homeless university teacher that hates muslims but have to deal with them costantly for heroin.

>W-w-wow, Mr. Houellebecq. I cannot wait to read it.

>Call me Michel, he said.

Can you believe it?

I met J.K Rowling on the D train this morning. She was sitting alone in the last car, reading "The Long Journey of Mr. Poop" by Angèle Delaunois and Marie Lafrance.

>Hi, Ms. Rowling. I love your work.

She thanked me for the compliment. Her voice was quite raspy, and she coughed a bit, as if there were some viscous fluid lodged in her throat.

>If I may, madam, do you have any projects in the works?
>I do, yes.

She didn't seem irritated by my question, and in fact she was almost open to the conversation.

>What about? I enjoyed Harry Potter very much.
>Thank you. It is a novel. It is a prequel to the Harry Potter series that develops further Dumbledore's homosexuality and studies the social conflict and discrimination suffered by an homosexual man in the wizard world.

>W-w-wow, Ms. Rowling. I cannot wait to read it.
>Call me J.K, she said.

When we got to Fordham Road station she closed her book, smiled, and walked off the train into the fog of commuting bodies.

Can you believe it?