All the best things have already been written. Therefore, writing anything new is pointless

All the best things have already been written. Therefore, writing anything new is pointless.

Prove it.

>some european or american fuckers who have been writing for like 0.00001% of human history have already written EVERYTHING good

yeah, okay kid.

Human nature isn't as complex as you think. Pretty much all philosophical issues were discussed (with suprising conclusion - we kant know nuffin!), the questions of human condition were explored, at this point all whats left is for humanity to solve physics, create sentient robots, and suicide itself.

"All the best things" includes everything of value from ancient history up to the 20th century.

>Homer ended poetry
>Plato ended philosophy
>Aurelius ended self-help
>Joyce ended novel

This is exactly what people would have said in the 18th century.

>best
>pointless
This is why you'll never write anything original or interesting. "Nihil novi sub sole" has been around since the fucking Vulgate, this is a horrible thread.

Nobody gives a fuck about what's "left for humanity." I certainly don't. The fact that you've already prescribed a "most reasonable course of action for all humans" shows that you, likewise, will never write anything original or interesting. At least, not until you stop believing nonsense.

We're almost 1/5th of the way through the 21st century. What is there to show for it that is on the same level of 20th, 19th, 18th, etc.?

and toobie ended MUH DICK

This thought causes me great anxiety

>Human nature isn't as complex as you think.

Absolutely üntermensch. To assume that there is any definitive end, one which you or anyone else could explain in a clear and meaningful way, in the creation and investigation of human artifice is beyond naive.

Youre face ...is pointless-.

Anime ended sex

wtf i hate nonsense now

No surprise it's anime posters who are spouting this idiocy

Hempel's Raven
all the the best things = already written, therefore things not already written != the best things

Hmm, lets see: Alexievich, Bolaño, Coetzee, DeLillo, Eco, Ferrante, Franzen, Houellebecq, Ishiguro, Knausgaard, Krasznahorkai, McCarthy, Morrison, Müller, Muñez Molina, Murakami, Nooteboom, Nothomb, Pynchon, Sorokin, Vila-Matas, Vodolazkin, Yan.

I mean, clearly you're going to reply with "implying any of it is good at all", but if you suspend contrarianism for a moment, you might see great lit all around us.

Did you just google "21 century writers who don't suck complete shit"?

No, I just have a habit of reading books from time to time.

But that has always been the case.

They may be good writers, but what of theirs compares to Moby Dick? The Canterbury Tales? In Search of Lost Time? etc. etc.

Write about said pointlessness.

That's all I ever write about.

That's all anyone ever writes about, user.

This post ended shitposting

Epic poetry is very different than lyrical poetry which was ended by Hilda Doolittle.

>Hilda Doolittle
Is that Eliza's mom?

My work will be complete in 5-10 years and then everyone will understand the zeitgeist better.

>I can't think of anything novel or interesting to write - therefore NOBODY CAN!

Anyone who agrees with OP simply lacks imagination and doesn't see that with the progress of time always comes new sets of metaphors to utilize and create a clearer picture of the human being.

non-argument. you write for fun.

and also this. Creative expression is the high road to satisfaction in life.

Fuck off I'll write if I want to, that and fuck off.

All the best posts have already been posted—there is no OC. Therefore OP is a faggot

>All the best things have already been written.
Excuse me, but I still have several pages to go before I'm finished my diary, desu.

But seriously, I love writing, and because I find it to be fun then I don't find it to be pointless. I've met someone who has read almost all my books so far and he very much enjoyed all but one, which he more or less found to be 'meh', which means my work has brought a little bit of happiness to at least one person out there, which again tells me that writing new things is not pointless. One more point, I am not making a whole lot of money but I am making some, it is a small and helpful addition to my income, which again tells me that it's not pointless.

So no, I don't think it's pointless to write new things. I don't think anything I write will ever truly be great, I don't think my stuff will be read by many people in a hundred years, and I don't even think I'll reach meme status like that dude with the headband who wrote Infinite Jest. Still, it's fun, it does bring a bit of joy to some people (or at least one, or two if you include God), and it makes me a little bit of money. I also believe I will be able to become a full-time writer within 1-2 years, and if writing can make me a living then writing is anything but pointless.

You're move, OP. Try not to suck too many dicks while you type.

retard

Can OP ever recover?

As Young Jeezy said, "you can try, dog, but it ain't easy".

more books are being published than ever before.

Plato and not Aristotle Plato is shit muh allegory of the cave much divided line muh forms all bullshit

A true author writes to know more of himself, and not for others to appreciate.

I will be writing, regardless.

That doesn't mean shit fucktard