If you actually believe that 'the best people lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity'

if you actually believe that 'the best people lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity'...

you are a fucking wicked idiot.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI
incompetentwriter.com/2012/06/15/james-joyce-meets-wb-yeats/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have difficulty finding a way to express my passionate intensity that doesn't terminate in useless suicide desu, so as a result I tend to live in my head somewhat, recently.

>pic not related

That's a Bertrand Russell quote isn't it? Bertie was so cringeworthy I just hate him.

Wicked paired with idiot is somewhat obfuscating. The end result rings 'benign' or perhaps even 'innocent'. Unless of course youre simply being aggressive.

Yeats paired with Wagner weirdly reminds me that Yeats was in Paris, at the premiere of Ubu Roi. It also brings Louis XIV's great meme to mind: Apres moi, etc.

Of course, youre right- even generally speaking. If you enjoy Opera, for instance, you can only resist Wagner for so long. He's beyond incredible.

I myself am full of passionate intensity but at the same time lack all conviction and am full of doubt.

What does this make me?

Probably.. 26?

youtube.com/watch?v=DV1fUwKMdAI

is this bait?

it's Yeats

It's from The Second Comming by Years. The preterite of devout men, artists, and monks know all hope is lost; they are wrong, unelect, passed over, and nothing awaits but the eternity of their fall.

The hypocrites, the devotionally vain, and those inextricably engaged in mortal sin, find an easy faith in The Second Comming, wield it furiously and desperately against the inevitable.

Like I would probably die of embarrassment for mankind during the judgment. Ugh. At least have a little dignity; don your new habit and walk from God, don't debase yourself like a servile wretch, clinging on tilll God forcibly ejects you.

Hamlet

Sorry, anons. You got me.

I was close though:

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
Bertrand Russell

Notice how when it's Russell speaking it's full of archaic Englishisms and snobbery. I really dislike that man.

yep, it's the exact same sentiment. and it's horseshit.

on a barely if at all related note: when the fuck did they mystify and mythologize intelligence by renaming it 'imagination'?

"When a true genius appears in the world,
you may know him by this sign, that the dunces
are all in confederacy against him."

Can't you imagine?

is this the criminal?

>the reason everyone hates me is because i'm a motherfucking genius

just saying.

i want to give the opportunity for participation.

incompetentwriter.com/2012/06/15/james-joyce-meets-wb-yeats/

Much like Joyce, I would like to someday meet an intergenerational contemporary and berate him wildly, declare him unsalvageable, and tut tut at him for his nationalism.

>just saying.

tut tut, when will you learn my boy... when will you learn...

learn what?

What clashes here of wills gen wont, oystrygods gaggin fishygods! Brekkek Kekkek Kekkek Kekkek Kekkek! Koax Koax Koax! Ualu Ualu Ualu Quaoouauh!

>there was not a resort to fisticuffs

they should have their artistry licenses revoked

he's right though, intelligent people are generally sceptics and dumb people easily believe.

Joyce had to hide behind Hemmy when he was in bar fights, so this isn't shocking

the opposite of what you said is true

Wrong.

dumb people easily believe that doubtfulness is a sign of intelligence; as if intelligence is supposed to fuck you up and get you killed, rather than serve as a evolutionary advantage. Because dumb people resent the intelligent and their only means of contending against them is through a sort of clever subversion by which they erode the morals of the superior man, and they attempt to make him question his own ability to think and imagine.

Intelligent people actually are pretty skeptical sometimes. such as when someone makes what are literally 'tfw to smart too succeed' quips, which the dumb people believe - because it vindicates them.

That believe Bloom about contemporary literature.

Doubtfulness is an evolutionary advantage, it leads to carefulness.

Nice guys, though they finish last, live longer. Thanks, Evolution!

(You know that's a story invented by Hemingway, right?)

>If you enjoy Opera, for instance, you can only resist overly pompous 'muh epic aria every 5 minutes' pieces for so long.
Uhm. 'No.'

Name a political ideology with the best and the convictionless that ended up in death camps and gulags.

>if you believe x, you are a y

Excellent argument. Really makes you update your priors.

He is completely and utterly right.

quite to the contrary, our ancestors who managed to survive and reproduce were not the ones who said, "so what if the bushes are rustling? that doesn't mean that there's a lion there", but the ones who said, "that's a fucking lion" when the bushes rustled.

certainty is even superior to actually being correct, much of the time.

wagner is, more than anyone else, arguably the greatest consummate artist to ever live.

they're less prone to accidents in the modern world. but far, far more prone to die childless.

you fools have devised countless ways to make yourself feel better that you are incapable of any force or intensity. but who the fuck is it that you rely on for everything in life? it's always the passionate people who actually get things done. who protect you. who solve the problems you shy away from. who push the bar a little farther. who take the risks you wouldn't.

doubtful, cold, passionless people are universal and universally scumbags who make themselves feel better with paper-thin sophistry. passionate people make the doubtful and cold people envious and hateful, and attract from them infinite calumny.

that's a statement, prediction, or observation, but not an argument.

Eh, Wagner doesn't punctuate his operas with arias every 5 minutes you miserable Veeky Forumsbot dumbfuck. That wd be the bel canto.

>muh muh ... muh muh