Hey all

hey all,

in response to the threads i previously made
i have begun to scan in some of the material people have requested. in order to ensure fairness and timeliness, i will be scanning in chunks of the material in rounds.

i will be using dropbox as my filesharing platform.

legal disclaimer: i intend to share this material under US fair use doctrine. i have purchased these books with personal finances and have scanned them in with personal labor. in no way, shape, or form do i intend any/all of this material to be used for commercial purposes; i do not desire any economic return, and reject entirely any economic benefit. i share this knowledge freely and openly for the purposes of criticism, commentary, and satire in a self-titled academic/literary context. i hope only to generate conversation and participate in the explicit purpose of Veeky Forums's /lit board: to share ideas and literature in a community of like-minded intellectuals committed to exploring aspects of history, philosophy, and theory. i do not endorse any use of this material beyond purely intellectual self-improvement/academic conversation.

first file is the first chapter of Czeslaw Milosz's "The Captive Mind" (New York, NY: Vintage Books, 1990):
dropbox.com/sh/vog1qqg679ncn8k/AAAze8TXLWl82hBP-7i8X7oSa?dl=0

will be posting more throughout the next several days. please refer to the previous aforementioned threads to request material--i will eventually scan in all requests.

i love you all.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/6qcr4olpu57jb23/AAC0y4C53IcBMPISfu2bsyoRa?dl=0
dropbox.com/sh/kn1dzvkalqrjrr4/AACPXYrbFShIvLCV1WgsHeYHa?dl=0
dropbox.com/sh/mjal6m8iylx4ep5/AACefnk3Rbo7n4sGiCzaa1dia?dl=0
dropbox.com/sh/281895i5t4yc5ot/AAAoZwyPDxHuUc0ZNXn64zMPa?dl=0
dropbox.com/sh/yumsa7tqcxymwor/AACC00qb7aOk6dPsClR3aDJ7a?dl=0
dropbox.com/sh/oj40i83z4yb365m/AADq5rlFzEoyXTob9VpB8sfVa?dl=0
catilineconspiracy.com/2017/04/04/1-16-on-eric-voegelin-intro-to-the-new-science-of-politics-part-i/
dropbox.com/sh/ve632qw5qyfp123/AACJblOVtexvXOqqFjc5RsTLa?dl=0
warosu.org/lit/thread/S2272917#p2273125
warosu.org/lit/thread/S1726445#p1727125
warosu.org/lit/thread/S1726445#p1727941
warosu.org/lit/thread/S2015992#p2022949
warosu.org/lit/thread/S2268259#p2269845
warosu.org/lit/thread/S2268259#p2270928
warosu.org/lit/thread/S2272793#p2272856
warosu.org/lit/thread/S2272793#p2272924
discord.gg/8Ab23jk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

introduction to Richard Woods, "Understanding Mysticism" (Garden City, NY: Image Books, 1980):

dropbox.com/sh/6qcr4olpu57jb23/AAC0y4C53IcBMPISfu2bsyoRa?dl=0

forward, introduction, and first essay in Richard Hofstadter's "The Paranoid Style in American Politics" (New York, NY: Vintage Books, 2008):

dropbox.com/sh/kn1dzvkalqrjrr4/AACPXYrbFShIvLCV1WgsHeYHa?dl=0

cheers op, this is very thoughtful of you

have you any requests, friend?

sorry, btw: i have written a LOT in this book, and some of my books have writing all over them. i hope this does not make it unreadable.

No, none at the moment, but it's kind of you to offer and to make all of this available. Just wanted to say thanks for making the effort & good luck.

preface, forward, introduction to Robert Jay Lifton's "The Nazi Doctors" (New York, NY: Basic Books, 2000):

dropbox.com/sh/mjal6m8iylx4ep5/AACefnk3Rbo7n4sGiCzaa1dia?dl=0

assorted short stories:

David Foster Wallace, Incarnations of Burned Children
David Foster Wallace, The Depressed Person
Donald Barthelme, The School
J. D. Salinger, A Perfect Day for Bananafish
Jamaica Kincaid, Girl
James Joyce, Two Gallants
Jamie Quatro, Demolition
Jennifer Egan, Safari
John Cheever, The Swimmers
Jorge Luis Borges, The Circular Ruins
Jorge Luis Borges, The Library of Babel
Junot Diaz, Alma
Ken Liu, The Bookmaking Habits of Select Species
Ken Liu, The Waves
Keven Brockmeier, The Year of Silence
Kyle McCarthy, Ancient Rome
Lorrie Moore, How to Become a Writer
Mona Awad, The Girl I Hate
Raymond Carver, Viewfinder
Raymond Carver, What We Talk About When We Talk About Love
Stuart Dybek, Paper Lantern
Tobias Wolff, Bullet in the Brain
Ursula K. Le Guin, The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas
Wells Tower, Leopard

all from various sources:
dropbox.com/sh/281895i5t4yc5ot/AAAoZwyPDxHuUc0ZNXn64zMPa?dl=0

cheers, man--thanks a lot. feel free to request whenever.

Samuel Johnson, "Preface to the Works of William Shakespeare" from Selected Writings of Samuel Johnson (Cambridge, MA: Belknap/Harvard, 2009):

dropbox.com/sh/yumsa7tqcxymwor/AACC00qb7aOk6dPsClR3aDJ7a?dl=0

thanks OP.

forward, introduction to Eric Voegelin's "New Science of Politics" (Chicago, IL: University of Chicago Press, 1987):

dropbox.com/sh/oj40i83z4yb365m/AADq5rlFzEoyXTob9VpB8sfVa?dl=0

again, sorry--this is a very marked up text. on another note, i have written a summary of Voegelin's intro here (any and all criticism is welcome):
catilineconspiracy.com/2017/04/04/1-16-on-eric-voegelin-intro-to-the-new-science-of-politics-part-i/

Not the same user but I will dare present you with a few items from my list of things I cannot find as ebooks. Mind you, these are not obscure or very expensive; perhaps nobody has taken up the effort of digitizing them so far, or maybe I don't know where to look:

B.S. Johnson - anything
Unica Zürn - anything
Raymond Queneau - Zazie in the Metro - has to be in English
Blaise Cendrars - Moravagine - has to be in English
The Man in the Black Coat: Russia's Literature of the Absurd
Any of Daniil Kharms' children books (ok, this one's really a stretch)

Thank you kindly. Regardless of results, this is a very nice thing of you to do and I hope your kindness returns to you tenfold.

Bernard Williams, "Democracy and Ideology" (essay):

dropbox.com/sh/ve632qw5qyfp123/AACJblOVtexvXOqqFjc5RsTLa?dl=0

a pleasure. request at will.

for sure. a little backlogged with requests--i'll try to intersplice when i can, but i'll get on it.

hey, thanks rapture

request: curves to the apple - rosmarie waldrop
also, can you do the rest of the Milosz book? :D

take your time ofc, months if you need

ty ty!

Daniil Kharm! can't find anything by him anywhere
-_-

Paranoia is fucking me up, don't know why but I have the slight impreasion that OP is answering to himself.

i got you. tired, gonna finish for tonight, but it's added to the list.

yeah, you're paranoid. stop.

this should be Veeky Forums. thanks op.

there is some way to put the pages in straight (vertical) mode?

Thanks for the hard work friend.

BTW, OP, feel free to flag up anything you’ve read and liked.

I know, user. As I said, it was a huge stretch anyway. There are three or four of his collected short texts editions in English out there and I have them all, but his children's books, although translated in English, are not to be found in any of the places I know. I suppose nobody has undertaken to scan them. I'm keeping the hope alive though.

i think that's even better, i love marginalia

really looking foward to read this one

>poor scans, words missing
>not paginated
>not ocr'd
>half are covered in annotations
>majority are already on libgen
you're a fucking moron

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little undergrad? I’ll have you know I graduated at the top of my class from every single Ivy League university, have been involved in numerous tech, consulting, financial, and law firms, and have over 300 books on my Amazon wishlist at any one time. I am trained in library science and I am the top archivist in the entire US Library of Congress lending network. You are nothing to me but just another philistine. I will wipe you the fuck out with dialectics the likes of which have never been seen before on this board, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of rare book dealers across the USA and your Barnes & Nobles receipts are being tracked right now so you better prepare for the intellectual storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your collection. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can scan and share PDFs in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with the stack of hardbacks I carry around at all times. Not only am I extensively trained in book-trading, but I have access to the entire inventory of every top colleges' library in the US and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Veeky Forums, you little amateur. If only you could have known what enlightened bibliothecography your little “modest” collection was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have put down your fucking camera. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn dilettante. I will shit shelfies all over you and you will drown in them. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Why are the mods on this board so fucking useless? Do they just sleep?

I'm tired of dealing with rotten human beings. I am truly happy to share what I have- but here's the new condition: I'll post everything everyone wants as soon as these assholes are banned from my thread.

are you 11 years old

btw Veeky Forums has no mods

MODS
MODS
MODS

you can put your trip back on

MODS
MODS
MODS

btw how's that phd program you've been in for 7 years

warosu.org/lit/thread/S2272917#p2273125

MODS
MODS
MODS

so do you drop your trip and samefag often?

MODS
MODS
MODS

would you like to have a best of rapture thread?

MODS
MODS
MODS

MIT and Cambridge huh? Oxford and several Ivy leagues. You've been around.

warosu.org/lit/thread/S1726445#p1727125

MODS
MODS
MODS

Bentleys are pretty expensive. How did you afford one at, what, 21?

warosu.org/lit/thread/S1726445#p1727941

MODS
MODS
MODS

ur quite a bore

you write some edgy poetry though

warosu.org/lit/thread/S2015992#p2022949

MODS
MODS
MODS

warosu.org/lit/thread/S2268259#p2269845

>My experience has taught me one thing: people are bland, ignorant, self-seeking or pedantic.

MODS
MODS
MODS

MODS
MODS
MODS

warosu.org/lit/thread/S2268259#p2270928
>And yes, I am as smart as I think I am.

this thread is a great reminder that tripfags are cancerous faggots who should only be replied to if it's to tell them to fuck off.

MODS
MODS
MODS

look, I'm speaking directly to any moderator who perceives this here post. i request my own position of power on this board, or at least powers to ban people who impersonate me and de-rail my threads. i ask this as you seem incompetent or at least now in waking hours during my correspondence with Veeky Forums.

if you cannot grant me this, then you shall be at risk of losing a poster of great intellectual value.

this agreement will be mutually beneficial, of that you have my utmost assurance.

MODS
MODS
MODS

warosu.org/lit/thread/S2272793#p2272856

>What about the post was sexist? You would disagree that women are by nature more vain than men?

MODS
MODS
MODS

MODS
MODS
MODS

good job user, you've outed him as problematic, now we can all hate him without feeling bad that he might be progressive or something.

warosu.org/lit/thread/S2272793#p2272924

>Take this as an example: he claims "i'm not saying they're [women] dumber than men, merely that they are superificial."

>I'm not saying I disagree,

how many books have you read user? Is it literally all you do? do you have some secret to read so much so quickly?

fuck it. war of attrition and you've won. i'm too tired to pursue any of this further.

i'll post again in another 3 years or so.

i apologize to anyone who wanted more. i am unwilling to participate in such inhuman contexts.

it's been real, gentlemen.

i've read around 20 books.

based on my past pace i hope to read the rest of my 15000 volume collection sometime over the next 3 months.

>i'll post again in another 3 years or so.
how about just kill urself faget

Shut the fuck up. This isn't your personal board nor can you give any demand.

Do this out of kindness and accept that their will be assholes who will criticize you, just like there will be people who will be grateful.

You should have learned that from reading enough literature.

see you in 2 months user

war of attrition because I could link atrocious posts you've made for the next week. nobody cares about all the books you have

i don't mean to brag, but before my cancer diagnosis I was already of a mental sharpness superior to that of my intellectual peers. the freedom of time has allowed me to reach an almost eudaimonic life, and sharpened my mind to levels beyond what is seen as possible for most men. i suppose i am something of a savant, except even in social matters i achieve more than most.

that's not me, but it doesn't matter. their tactics have been to just use my name and post like me.

whatever, as i said, i'm done. they have won. whether that makes them right--i am not sure. i don't quite understand any of it, but so be it.

goodbye, /lit!

you could just answer

also, have any books on philosophy of history? thoughts on Spengler?(if you read him)

this board is dead rapture. Most of the good oldfags already migrated to discord.

discord.gg/8Ab23jk

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little undergrad? I’ll have you know I graduated at the top of my class from every single Ivy League university, have been involved in numerous tech, consulting, financial, and law firms, and have over 300 books on my Amazon wishlist at any one time. I am trained in library science and I am the top archivist in the entire US Library of Congress lending network. You are nothing to me but just another philistine. I will wipe you the fuck out with dialectics the likes of which have never been seen before on this board, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of rare book dealers across the USA and your Barnes & Nobles receipts are being tracked right now so you better prepare for the intellectual storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your collection. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can scan and share PDFs in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with the stack of hardbacks I carry around at all times. Not only am I extensively trained in book-trading, but I have access to the entire inventory of every top colleges' library in the US and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of Veeky Forums, you little amateur. If only you could have known what enlightened bibliothecography your little “modest” collection was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have put down your fucking camera. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn dilettante. I will shit shelfies all over you and you will drown in them. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

hey, thanks, man--just made an account. gonna check it out. you seem pretty cool--hope to see you on there...

wow, thanks! i really appreciate the invite. logging on now.

what the fuck is this fucking shit

please answer:

>(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
nice, that's a seldom sight nowadays

wow I have never seen a user banned on Veeky Forums. does this mean we have mods now?

>tfw was about to ask for Crow: From the Life and Songs of the Crow by Ted Hughes
>tfw is not an obscure book and relatively easy to find in the US
>tfw not avaliable in third world country and haven´t find any pdf of it on internet
>tfw I´ll never be able to read it

can't wait for my book to be posted. Thanks so much OP.

PS: the scans are fine . Do you people even download from libgen ? half of it is scanned exactly the same way.

Hey man, I've just finished checking your library. If you're still around I have some requests...