Has the intelligentsia of today moved to youtube? I have watched some videos by sargon of akkad...

Has the intelligentsia of today moved to youtube? I have watched some videos by sargon of akkad, and it seems to me that he and people like him are carrying the torch of reason through our crumbling modern age. I do take Sargon as a man of letters, watching his videos it's quite obvious.

Other urls found in this thread:

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sargon_of_Akkad#Why_Sargon_is_a_shithead.2C_in_3_videos
encyclopediadramatica.rs/Sargon
youtube.com/watch?v=y_Q1T1ExaMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8tjhIn0rn-Q
m.youtube.com/channel/UCaqDwWBtO1LtPa3BVx4-aAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He has a very regal beard. Socratic like as well. Is Sargon a philosopher king?

Yes. Sargon is a walking, talking encyclopedia. He's like Chomsky except smarter and more eloquent. This may sound like a bold claim, but I expect people will still be talking about him two hundred years from now.

lol. sargon is one of the most ill-read people I've ever heard. he routinely mixes philosophical concepts, has a tenuous grip on history, and argues from circular logic. if that is the example of intelligentsia then I fear for the future of mankind.

Jontron is better and more intelligent

>lvl 80 /pol/tard
>intelligentsia

No, but what makes you think that and why are you babbling about that Sargon guy?

>torch of reason
>crumbling modern age
>a man of letters

While he might be, not from what I've seen of him {just another schizo talking into a mic about "them"}, do you think intelligentsia would even fall for the tv meme, let alone youtube? {As in, do you expect them to watch it?}

You, you ask the right question.

Oh sheit, a internet search might be refreshing...
Haven't watched it yet but GET THE POPCORN!
rationalwiki.org/wiki/Sargon_of_Akkad#Why_Sargon_is_a_shithead.2C_in_3_videos

The guy started off as a highschool level dude who just rambled and screamed about thing he didn't like on video. He started to actually read about the topics he is talking about in recent years, it was interesting to watch him grow I guess. But he is still a low tier pseud on most issues.

>rationalwiki

We are talking about youtube manchilds making money by talking like a schizophrenic in a mic about "them" and sometimes even "us".
It seems justified to have a group of those people judge it.

>Has the intelligentsia of today moved to youtube?

no.

>wanting to listen to retards debunking other retards with retarded faulty logic
Might as well listen to the original retard then

To an extent, sure. They use it just like anyone else. Most people on this board are part of the intelligentsia, by the way. It just refers to educated middle-class person who uses their education in their job.

All the actual interesting intellectual stuff is still in books, though. You can't reasonably do long content like that any other way.

I've yet to see any evidence of said learning but I'll take your word for it. hardly a good representative for an intelligentsia in either case.

We should delve deeper into this hole of contra-contrarianism:
>encyclopediadramatica.rs/Sargon

>intelligentsia just refers to educated middle-class person who uses their education in their job.
No, it doesn't.
>interchanging intellectual and intelligentsia
Stop posting.

>The intelligentsia (Latin: intellegentia, Polish: inteligencja, Russian: интeллигeнция; IPA: [JntʲJlʲJˈɡʲentsɨjə]) is a status class of educated people engaged in the complex mental labours that critique, guide, and lead in shaping the culture and politics of their society.[1] As a status class, the intelligentsia includes artists, teachers, and academics, writers, journalists, and the literary hommes de lettres.
F I G H T M E

>quoting correct definition to support his unrelated faulty one
So does this mean you can't read?

It's what I said you dolt.

>youtubers

Okay. So you can't comprehend a simple definition. Again: stop posting.

It's okay to admit you were wrong user. Even if it's just to yourself.

Reading bizarro fiction while too drunk to walk is indeed better for firing neurons into/in/around/away from the big noodle.

Bankers and financiers and engineers and trade workers all use their education in their job but none of them come under intelligentsia label, autismo. Class characteristic is even more retarded, because piss poor bohemian-lifestyle artists and wealthy famous academics are all equally intelligentsia. It's a moniker that was invented by my people and is ingrained in Russian life and politics, you flaming fucking wiki-quoting retard. Kys yourself and stop talking and arguing about things you have no actual understanding of.

>Bankers and financiers and engineers and trade workers all use their education in their job
"""educated"""
>piss poor bohemian-lifestyle artists
Are middle class you retard.
>and wealthy famous academics
Are also middle class you retard.

Look c'mon man it's obvious what I mean, and unless you're autistic you know this is the case. Do you seriously think I think most people here are bankers and engineers?

Yes, there exists no doubt that Sargon is the smartest individual on our planet right now. To him we owe all intellectual achievement. To him our hopes and dreams. In Sargon we trust.

>double quotes to hide the absence of argument
>arbitrarily redefining middle-class
>most people here somehow pertaining to intelligentsia
Just fucking stop, cretin. Intelligentsia is a term indicating social and political engagement levels and not class or 'using education'.

>arbitrarily redefining middle-class
Bohemian artists have literally never been thought of as working class. You think Van Gogh was working class?
>greentexting to hide the absence of argument
And this is what Slavs are reduced to.

>Born into an upper-middle-class family, Van Gogh drew as a child and was serious, quiet and thoughtful. As a young man he worked as an art dealer, often travelling, but became depressed after he was transferred to London. He turned to religion, and spent time as a Protestant missionary in southern Belgium. He drifted in ill health and solitude before taking up painting in 1881, having moved back home with his parents. His younger brother Theo supported him financially, and the two kept up a long correspondence by letter.

Youtube videos like the sort that Sargon does are so formulaic I don't know how can keep watching the same shit over and over. He'll just take a video that offends his views, play it for a 15 seconds, comment on it for a minute while throwing in some quips, and repeat that process for 20 minutes. It's so boring and it's almost always the same topic. If you've watched one video you've seen them all.

believe it or not, but there is more intellectual labor than stuttering "it's not logical!" at things you don't like and audibly spraying sputum all over the microphone

Hey buddy, it's called "fisking" in verbal form. It is a highly sophisticated argumentative technique designed by such luminaries as instapundit and littlegreenfootballs. Moron moonbats on the internet cannot handle being fisked.

>artists have literally never
I specifically pointed out the poor amongst them. Fine, from the other end there's a great amount of literary and political personalities with massive wealth and/or noble status who most definitely aren't middle class my any definition, yet are indeed intelligentsia.
>hide the absence of argument
Already gave you several counterexamples to your retarded definition in a number of middle class occupations requiring higher education which have nothing to do with intelligentsia at all. This is enough to prove it incorrect. Now fuck off.

It's the video equivalent of that autistic greentexting shit that people do on here where when they reply to you they quote and respond to individual sentences instead of just responding the your entire post.

>here where when they
Nice metrum

>they quote and respond to individual sentences instead of just responding the your entire post
I think it is a valid strategy to respond to individual points instead of trying to respond to ten points at once in a single on-going text, which almost always leaves points unclear or unanswered

>It's the video equivalent of that autistic greentexting shit that people do on here
Unless the quoting destroys the context of a point like I am doing right now

>they quote and respond
>to individual sentences
>just responding
Or you are maliciously misquoting what someone said

I'm just letting you know that I didn't read your post because of the greentext. I never read them because it's always low effort bullshit.

>on Veeky Forums
>doesn't read greentext

How come you know this if you've never read them?

You are bullshitting yourself!

>I never
vs.
>I've never

test

You passed.

>not reading greentext
>being this much of an outsider lone wolf

>Call yourself a rationalist
>Actually just a logical positivist--the opposite of a rationalist
>Surround yourself with other empiricists who cannot comprehend or address metaphysical arguments and who also call themselves rationalists incorrectly
>Make videos about slings and Greek warlords until you stumble onto paydirt making fun of other leftists who believe the same things you do but more honestly
>Now live slightly above the poverty line on patreon donations

Why can't we ever have an interesting E-Celeb, like an Italian Fascist or a Bakuninian Anarchist, it's always center-left faggots who hate other people for having actual positions.

>Sargon isn't an intellectua-
youtube.com/watch?v=y_Q1T1ExaMQ

>Anarchism
It's time to grow up, timmy

He is the greentext, the greentext parts are his own quotes.

It's just that greetexting individual lines from someone's argument and then commenting on them is a red-alert for retards and redditors.

>It's just that greetexting individual lines from someone's argument and then commenting on them is a red-alert for retards and redditors.
why?
It's literally the same as quoting someone.

I liked him on Home Improvement.

Because by dissecting the argument in such a way when their post was intended to be understood as a whole you will inevitably miss out on the larger argument at hand in favour of starting a multitude of micro-arguments.

And once someone replies to you in such a way it's extremely difficult to respond back in any other format, it reduces the entire conversation to these autistic micro-arguments and the only options you have are to not respond or to get in on it which will over time degenerate the exchange into just taking potshots at each individual point regardless of whether or not it's relevant to the discussion.

In short it turns what could otherwise be a nice thread into an internet slapfight that will never go anywhere.

I have completely other experiences with discussions on Veeky Forums.
It's not the quoting you have an issue with, it's the attitude of the other poster.
You can have decent discussion while going over an argument point by point, the thing is the people who do this tend to take potshots as well.
You're simply confusing the two, very sad!

You can't really separate one from the other. There's no way to argue in this format that isn't going to degrade the conversation and more importantly I have yet to encounter someone who posts like that who isn't a retard that's very obviously just out for the ego boost of "winning" an internet fight.

There's a reason in real formal debates person A speaks their case then person B speaks their case in full. Rather than person A speaking with person B giving line by line points of information, then person A giving points of information to the points of information and so on ad infinitum.

>very sad!
Very reddit!

I can tell you're the sort that does the greentexting shit because you totally missed the point of what he's saying. The problem isn't the attitude of the poster, it's that the argument becomes irrelevant or diluted with so many mini arguments going on. The potshots are just an eventual consequence of the greentexting. It's not useful.

the true platform for patrician dissertation has to be the amazon self published ebook/paperback scene

There's a reason in real formal debates person A speaks their case then person B speaks their case in full. Rather than person A speaking with person B giving line by line points of information, then person A giving points of information to the points of information and so on ad infinitum.
Actually it's pretty common that person A does his talk and then person B goes over it point by point pointing out the flaws.
This often happens when what person A says is a jumbled mess with falsities all over, you simply have to point it out, glossing over it would be a disservice to the discussion.

>Very reddit!
Ah the old reddit insult, I can't imagine the type of person who would do this. Unlike you who can do a complete personality assessment by simply judging in what format someone chooses to argue.

I disagree, and I've been in plenty of discussions.
Maybe the fault lies with you? maybe?

this belongs here.

>Sarcuck of Cuckkad shilling his channel on Veeky Forums
I hope this pony trigger you, piece if shit.

kys sage

that's just an image of random figures , makes no sense. What ? anyone you don't like is a rhetorician ?

>zizek and h3h3 on the same page
what has this board come to ?

>brony autist doesn't spot the sarcasm
I'll have you know I'm laughing at your handicap irl right now.

he definitely is reasonable and intelligent, but his avatar is cringey and I still get a feeling of smug pretentiousness from him, though I do admit he isn't a moron

If you're not going to address my argument as a whole I'm not going to reply to you. As I was hinting at earlier.

You just replied to me.
If you can't reply in a proper way maybe it's best you leave, you didn't seem to have a point to make to start with anyway, toodles.

sometimes i find it weak an odd that people defer (almost completely) to a dictionary definition to make an argument

I typed sargon of akkad meme in google and took this one because I despise pony and this trigger people.

>Implying I would not gas /mlp/

Doesn't change the fact that you failed to spot obvious sarcasm, sperg

I am just trolling guys XDdddd

kys sage

What don't you understand? These people have more incentive to persuade you than to be truthful. And that particular group of people are popular, and influential.

He is quite a sage compared to you

Don't you have a better place to still your channel?

There is so much interesting stuff to learn on YouTube and yet you shill a channel of pure logorrhoea.

sage

>Veeky Forums is for the discussion of literature, specifically books (fiction & non-fiction), short stories, poetry, creative writing, etc. If you want to discuss history, religion, or the humanities, go to Veeky Forums. If you want to discuss politics, go to /pol/.

There is nothing of Veeky Forums in this thread.

sage

see

Is my channel in uproar?

>lvl 80
Sargon is a libertarian atheist who stopped masturbating about God and started shittalking about gamergate.

He is entry tier if anythig.

Do you guys know some good channel for book analysis ?

Sage

the mind

>libertarian
>anti-immigrant

cmon son.

>Sargon is a libertarian
youtube.com/watch?v=8tjhIn0rn-Q

m.youtube.com/channel/UCaqDwWBtO1LtPa3BVx4-aAw

This?

sage

He's not anti-IMMIGRANT, he's just anti-what everybody means by immigrant ("mass immigration")

So, to summarize - he's anti-immigrant?

Yes except you can't say that because it's got bad connotations.

Kek. Jontron is nothing but a meme.

First worlds immigrate people based on necessity, i.e. an expanding economy, and low birthrates. There's no reason to prefix it with "mass".

If he's for taking in educated people that the country lacks and needs, is he really "anti-immigration"?

Hahahahaha

Yes. Nowadays nobody but infinitesimally small amount of people is representing the total isolation position. High-skilled immigration is virtually a non-topic, so it's fair to say pro/anti-immigrations refers to 'mass' one.

Not even close.

He's to smart for academia, (((they)))(youtube) want to shut him and his friends down. This shows the real intellectual power that his ideas hold.

Sargon confirmed rep
Of the deadly haiku post.
You nighas is late.

Is this ironic or bait or post-ironic bait?

just a joke post

sargon pls go

many of us are on this tibetan etchings website for the laffs but this kind of thing gives me second thoughts about giving attention to these paranoid schizophrenics

>chomsky and h3h3 in the same image
kys

yes. if you write a book a few thousand people might read it. if you post you youtube, you get hundred of tousands of views instantly

Learn English first you cunt.

>alex jones
>pseudointellectual
psychic vampire detected

suffice it to say it has moved to the internet
but only because it is an effective platform for the sharing of ideas.
the highest tier so to speak still meet personally, in private

He's an idiot that debates inarguably stupid ideas to make himself seem smarter. he has the illusion of being eloquent because he uses big words and has a British accent. I'm pretty sure his main audience is 12 year olds that think he's an intellectual because his username is really long.

Also Kraut and Tea is way better