What would he think about Japan and the world if he was still alive today? Is it for the best that he killed himself?

What would he think about Japan and the world if he was still alive today? Is it for the best that he killed himself?

He will like idolmaster desu

He was one of the first to adopt to western way of life back then so I doubt he would have a problem today.

He would despise idol worshiping otaku because he can see through their frail stage personalities.
I could see him enjoying something like Shirobako.

You have to realize that nothing Mishima ever thought or wrote about was sincere, it was all just an excuse to satisfy his exhibitionism and eventually his quintessential Japanese will to suicide.

He'd want to kill himself if he saw what Japan is today, but that's beside the point. He'd want to kill himself in the traditionalist Edo period as well, he'd just find another reason to do it.

>You have to realize that nothing Mishima ever thought or wrote about was sincere

It was completely sincere, he just knew it was valueless.

so he killed himself ironically?

Shut up ignorant /fitlit/ fucker.

See, I don't think this makes sense. For his brand of nationalism to be sincere, he would have to put stock into it. But he didn't. He just wanted to kill himself.

No, he killed himself quite sincerely.

>What would he think about Japan and the world if he was still alive today?

"Shamefur dispray"

>No, he killed himself quite sincerely.
Then he had sincere thoughts, contradicting what you stated.

He felt guilty about missing out on WWII, and felt he owed his life for it, but wanted to have the most meaningful death possible.

Do you even know katakana? The only consonant Japanese words can end with is n.

>Being a freshmen in memeology

It's not supposed to be japanese, it's poking fun at the japanese mans trouble with the 'L' sound giving them an impediment when speaking other languages.

Doesn't matter in which country you live. The world, nowadays, is not for idealists, unfortunately.

I disagree, much of the developing world is a fitting for idealism, especially the far east.

i feel the opposite way, he was way too honest
you should read Taiyou to tetsu

>far east
>developing
Look at per capita GDP data sometime

He would be an Asukafag.

China, South Korea, and Japan is not the entirety of the far east, dummy

> cant poo in the loo

He lived and died as the quintessential elegiac hero. There could be no greater eulogy for traditional Japanese culture than his death, and without it there could have been no closure.

What an obnoxious and moronic comment. How could you argue that 1970 marked the death of "traditional Japanese culture"? What period was the golden period of Japanese culture. then?

Edo you mong

1. The pure rejection of former values.
2. Meiji desu

How, in that case, does Mishima in any way represent traditional Japanese culture? He was a product of the 20th century. He's a good writer but he is in no way emblematic of old Japan.

Mishima grew up while the last samurai were still in living memory. Japan was consciously moving to westernize during his youth, but it wasn't until the US occupation that the split was made permanent. A comparison to Boethius is apt, as the Roman Empire fell before he was born, but he still represents Roman culture as the last philosopher educated in the Roman style.

Japan wouldn't be the way it is. Mishima was based, RIP

imagine having so little self awareness that you honestly think making a speech on a balcony will begin a political revolution
and they just laughed at him. it was like he was in a dream where he forgot to wear his pants to work, but instead it was real life, and he ended up killing himself at the end
what a joke of a man

He didn't think it would work.

it was planned you doofus

Did he say anything about Otoya?

imagine being such a fucking idiot that you didn't realize Mishima had no delusions of starting a revolution. what a joke of a man