What alcohol would you recommend for a stressed engineering student looking to drink alone?

What alcohol would you recommend for a stressed engineering student looking to drink alone?

Absinthe.

vodka and sparkling, flavored water. Ideally with a bit of sugar in it to help metabolize the alcohol.

or Blue Agave Tequila with lime wedges and a water chaser

or some bottles of ale. Newcastle is a personal favorite.

don't
life ruinous consequences can be found on that path

Bottom shelf vodka. With tap water.

aristocrat, cheap and gets the job done.

Wood alcohol.

moonshine

cheap white rum you keep in the freezer

A good quality gin and tonic

The cheapest of the cheap mixed with a soft drink of your choice.

engineering student you say...

straight vodka seemed to be the poison of choice at U of T's engineering campus a decade ago.

Unironically marijuana.
Just don't smoke it all the time, like once a month.
The relaxing effects should last a few weeks.

Bloody Mary in the morning. Crap beer throughout the day. Gin and tonic at night.

Everclear and your choice of pop. Maintain a .04-.08 BAV while you do homework, especially calc/diffEq. Youll understand when you try.
t. Comp Engi -> Staff Engineer

Wow you are full of crap

Methanol

Not at all. Pot works fairly well for stress.
Alcohol only temporarily mitigates stress while weed has longer lasting effects even after the high wears off.

Make your alcohol yourself

Two months ago I was literally you.

Balvenie single, 12 yo

Smoke pot but only at night after you've finished all your work and responsibilities. And don't forget to study for your drug tests.

drink a gun and shoot yourself

Old Crow. Cheap and palatable.

Amaretto, used as a flavoring in whole food vegan desserts :-)

>a stressed engineering student looking to drink alone
I don't think this is a good idea. Stressed out drinking almost always leads to overindulging, and hangovers really slow you down. And the reason you're stressed out is because engineering study requires pretty intense time management. Getting drunk and recovering from it trashes a huge amount of time, which will just leave more work piled up for you to catch up on. Go biking, bowling or hiking instead.

rum, wine or a quality beer

This. Weed isn't physically addictive, so you can abuse the shit out of it when you've got nothing to do and still be ready do do the shit that needs to get done. I smoked every day for a year and had to go on a trip. An alcoholic would lose their shit, but i was only a bit bored at the start of the trip. It's still not very good for you, so i wouldn't reccomend you do what i'm doing.

wine always helped me think or made me belligerent drunk

This.
But if you really wanna drink, just chill out with a beer.