Thoughts on french as a language from non-native speakers? What peeves or irks you?

Thoughts on french as a language from non-native speakers? What peeves or irks you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zfXBNQMj2SE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It makes my dick hard.

>omelette du fromage

>tfw no French gf

I like French. It's a nice language, except when they pronounce their Rs.

Also, I really hate
>tu me manques

Sounds gay. Which is strange because other romance languages sound awesome, but frogs had to be unique little shitheads even there

Post more augdawg

>What peeves or irks you?

The constant praise of Allah.

Its a great language but for some reason its pronounciation is absolutely off its tits.

The word "semblable" (I just don't like the sound of it) and the lack of flexibility that languages such as German have. There's usually only one good way of expressing something.

wow expanding the pic makes her look so real, almost as if she's here with me ;__; I just kissed the screen

> really hate
>tu me manques
This too. Other than that, it's a great sounding language (the R's included unless you go full rien de rien rolling R's which sounds like dogshit).

why do you hate that?

I can't figure out when to write which accent on what word so I quit learning it

I'm an Anglophone, so it seems like it's saying "you miss me" rather than "I miss you".

it means "you are missing from me"

German>Frogspeak

The french people must be exterminated

everything

Not a good reason to quit, it becomes quite logical after a time.

Quick lesson:

words ending in an open syllable like "cheval" "che" and "val" being the syllables is pronounced like ə. Closed syllables are pronounced like ɛ as in "ferme"

If a word is pronounced like "e" it has an accent grave like réagir (two syllables) "ré" and "agir", without the accent it'd be pronounced ə.

tl;dr dumb reason not to learn French

I'm pretty dumb when it comes to language rules and can't be bothered anymore. Thank you.

Spoken doesn't sound nearly as good as it reads

>There's usually only one good way of expressing something.
Not as building-blocks flexible as german, but wrong. Only seems this way because they no longer know how to write and have deficient vocabulary. Obviously if you are limited to what is accessible to the general population by your skill with the language, syntax will look like a railroad.

I honestly don't have an inkling of understanding of what you wrote and I read it twice.

Passé simple.

French slang in general and """"""mec"""""".

Check out how the different vowels are pronounced, depending on their placement in a word it'll differ. Once you have that figured out, é and è will start making more sense since they'll go against these rules.

Grating to the ears if not spoken by a beautiful woman.

That's every redeemable language. The rest sound awful even if spoken by a well-educated beauty.

I disagree. French sounds beautiful as fuck which is partly why I started learning it (only knew English, Swedish and German before -- French tops em imo)

Come on, French is the most beautiful language I speak (+ English, German, Japanese and Italian), but it's not really a delight to hear an average working class male speak, especially when they use slang.

Pretty much this. Any language can sound nice if spoken by the right person. More often that not, though, it will sound like garbage when spoken by your average local.

Did you know the stupid whores are not allowed on this board? Probably you didn't... So, for the next time: post a picture of a landscape or a monument, or, even better, of a book. Thanks.

French is a pretty cool language, makes me feel smart whenever I get the chance to speak some of it, and since I do wish to become bilingual I think French is a natural choice to make since I'm Canadian. I've also got a lot of English ancestry and France is just across the channel from them so why not? If I had to pick something that peeves/irks me, it's probably the masculine/feminine thing. I remember briefly hearing about it in school and thought that that would be a very annoying thing to deal with if I ever decided to try and become fluent.

Either way, the focus of the expression is on the missing rather than the person doing so.

What the fuck is the big deal with her she seriously looks unwell.

I just recently started learning french, so I don't know that much. But what I've encountered so far, that drives me mad is the thing with gender (that others already stated).
I'm a native German speaker and german also has those "mixed up" cases where the word gender doesn't fit the real thing described by the word. So I find it confusing how words with the "right" gender in German suddenly have the "wrong" one in French and the other way around. Also I'm slightly confused why there is no neuter...

I find the 'est-ce que whatever' construction weird and needlessly wordy.

Also, pronunciation is a complete mystery. But the different tenses seem easier than Italian.

Oh and also having spaces before exclamation marks, questions marks etc.

>Qu'est-ce que vous aimeriez ?

She's French. They're all inbred malnourished degenerates

Are you sure about that?

youtube.com/watch?v=zfXBNQMj2SE

that's not how you write British

Leftists cant take care of themselves.

Alizee is Mediterranean

Corsica is french.

Which isn't ethically french

Hobestly sounds like any other language I've studied, which is normal. Languages lose a special feeling once you understand them.

Why the fuck are there conjugations before every fucking word? It would be so simple if I didn't have to change the fucking ending of every single verb but oui oui non non vous besoin changez le everything. Fucking frogs

Are there any books that are bilingual? I mean english on one side of the page and the French on the opposite

The inability to pronounce anything that isn't a word/name of French origin. And why can't they say words starting with a 'W'

>tfw using duolingo to learn french

will this fuck me up? I already feel like I know more french now than I did during my 6 year formal education, but I'm worried this will inhibit my learning potential later on

Sentence structure is such fucking autism.

it's omelette au fromage you fucking pseud

honestly user it's one of those things you shouldn't really think too hard about at the beginning because as you go you'll just intuitively pick it up. french is pretty consistent in its pronunciation rules

t. guy who's been learning french for ~8 months

The people that speak it

funny you post this, I just finished the french language tree yesterday. duolingo is a good tool, but don't use it as your only source. best part about it imo is the forum on every page with questions and answers by actual frogs

It shouldn't fuck you up, but it won't take you very far. You certainly won't be fluent once you finish with it. At best you'll probably be ready to move on to intermediate studies.

That its fer Faggots and Prostertutes

kek

she looks spaniard as fuck

but ursula corbero is way cuter :3

French is fucking disgusting, it's such a ridiculous and repulsive language. Every time I hear a person speaking in French I just want to reach out and silence their faggot frog throat with a blade or blunt instrument. Fuck you if you speak french

I want to take care of her.

I can't say the fucking R to save my life. Also I get confused on when to pronounce a letter or not.

Shortage of Vitamin D

Who the hell is this girl and why is she such a big deal on here?