Talk to me about cauliflower Veeky Forums, I haven't had it in a while and I want to use it more...

Talk to me about cauliflower Veeky Forums, I haven't had it in a while and I want to use it more. What are your favorite things to do with it? Is it any good in stir fry?

Blanch it then make a simple brown sauce out of oil, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, oyster sauce and scallions, then toss in that.

It's also really good in curries.

>Oil in Dutch oven
>add several dried chili and Sichuan peppercorn if you have to hot oil. Let it toast for 3 minutes
>brown ground pork (portion to your liking)
>throw in cauliflower florets and fry until it gets a little yellow, not quite golden
>cover wth heavy lid and steam until soft

This is a comfort meal my mom used to make me when I had indigestion
Enjoy the umami blast my friend

cauliflower is an absolutely bottom of the barrel shit tier vegetable

no flavor
gives horrible gas
stinks while being cooking

cauliflower can suck my butt

Cauliflower tempura or with wings sauce is heavenly especially if when you rub jerk seasoning on before battering it

tasteless mush.

>indigested
>chilli, pepper, fried ground pork
I'm sorry your mom hated you and tried to kill you

cauliflower cheese my nigga

Boil it whole for about 10-12 mins

Wa la

My favorite way is to chop it up then toss it with olive oil, salt, pepper, and really nice parmigiano reggiano. Bake it in the oven until golden brown and crispy. You will never look at cauliflower the same way :)

Another spin on that same theme would be to boil it with pasta, then dress the pasta cauliflower mix with olive oil, salt, pepper and cheese. Maybe half a clove of minced garlic.

I steam it with some broccoli. Then after they're nice and tender, I put them in a blender with beef stock and puree. Afterwards, I take the mix and simmer for about 10 min and add in salt/pepper. Very simple soup.

Cauliflower au gratin or gobi manchurian

They do cauliflower cheese in the work canteen a lot for some reason

It's bland as fuck, but I hadn't realised how much I liked the texture of cauliflower before

>Cut cauliflower in half
>Put beer, broth, or just salted water in pot
>Boil half for 15 minutes
>Add other half, boil for 15 minutes
>Add salt and pepper to taste
>Remove from heat
>Put cauliflower + liquid into blender, add salt, pepper, parmesan, crushed red pepper, whatever to taste

>Use small amount of liquid = very thick cream base, useful for things like an au gratin or pot pie filling
>Use large amount of liquid = soup base, like chowder.

Alternatively

>Cut into chunks
>Roast cauliflower with oil/butter, salt, and pepper
>Remove when toasty and brown, just shrivelling a bit
>Put in food processor with cream cheese, butter, heavy cream, whatever just get some creamy fat in there, not even a lot just some
>Add garlic, salt, pepper, parmesan, other good things
>Whizz in processor
>You got some kick-ass mashed cauliflower that rivals the best mashed taters.

I love cauliflower

cut into florets and toss in oil and your favourite spices, roast, enjoy in a wrap

yum man

I just eat it raw dipped in nutella

I just steam mine and then add a drizzle of olive oil, salt, pepper, and chili powder.

Y tho?

I love cauliflower. My favorite way to eat it is to just steam it, then roast it a little. I barely add anything, I just drown it in a thick cheese or curry sauce. Super simple, but I've not gotten bored of it yet.

>I love cauliflower
>let me just drown it in cheese or curry so I can no longer taste the cauliflower

I eat it and broccoli nearly everyday in curries or stir fries.

Pan, nice and hot.
400g sugar
300g peanut butter
1 cauliflower head chopped up

You're welcome.