I want to increase the physical volume of my scrambled eggs without increasing the calories...

I want to increase the physical volume of my scrambled eggs without increasing the calories. Can I just add water to the eggs and mix well before cooking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4uxLq_WD9Ho
youtube.com/watch?v=9x_PBSLCKPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Can I just add water to the eggs and mix well before cooking?
...no
I suggest buying some egg beaters and replacing 1 egg with them. For example, you want 3 eggs? Use 1/4 cup of egg beaters instead.

You can also separate the whites and yolks, whip the whites, then mix the yolks in. It will increase the volume, but I don't know if the texture will be bad.

The other main source of calories in scrambled eggs is the fat you cook them in. You can try eating boiled eggs instead. I guess you can also cook them without any butter/oil if you use a *new* nonstick pan but it might taste dried out and shitty.

Whoops, I mean you would use 2 eggs and 1/4 egg beaters instead of 3 eggs.

just whip as much air into it as possible

Cook them low and slow and whisk the shit of them. Ever make your own whip cream? Do it like that.

separate the whites and yolks, mix up the yolks, beat the whites with a whisk until they create foam, fold the yolks into the whites

that's about the best you can do

You know that by increaseing the volume without additional calories all you are doing is adding more air right? Your eggs will not be any more filling so there is really no point.

I would think it should work but beyond some ratio your eggs are going to be more like a pudding or a custard.

If that were true, you could eat an indefinite amount of sugar-free Jello.

> Can I just add water to the eggs and mix well before cooking?

Holy autism

jello: volume == mass
airy eggs: volume > mass

adding air doesn't make anything more filling. jello is low calorie via another mechanism so it's not a good comparison

add vegetables

But you brought up airy eggs. OP wants to add water.

We're only talking about additional calories here. It's a reasonable comparison.

I always add a splash of water when I'm making an omelette.

It makes them easier to whisk thoroughly.

add agar or gelatin to the eggs as well as water

add a bit of milk, i do it too

Would gelatin really work? Doesn't it take hours to set, meaning you'd have to eat them cold

no it's bullshit

just eat less of other stuff you fucking fatty

i don't see the problem if you're watching your calories anyway, stop being such a fucking bitch

Kinda gross, but if you want thick eggs.

youtube.com/watch?v=4uxLq_WD9Ho

use the shells. break them up small enough and you won't even notice them but you will notice the extra calcium and iron.

Y not add cotton balls ?

that's not how science works

you're an idiot. by your own restricted logic, he could still be adding jello to his eggs and you can't even see that.

Add extra egg whites.

OP is an autist for wanting to watch his consumption?

Don't listen to the idiots OP but unfortunately I don't think watery eggs will taste as good

If you can mix air in them, aka creating some kind of foam, the volume increases, but the calories stay the same.
But since a egg has only like 65 kcal it is kind of pointless.
It is much more effective to cut kcal at other points.

Yellow dish sponge. Chop it up and put into mixing bowl, add 2 to 3 eggs per sponge and beat thoroughly. I've tried it before and it doesn't even taste bad as long as you use a new sponge that isn't soapy. You will increase total volume by about 70%

Always add two tablespoons of milk for each egg. Improves taste and gives it more volume.

add water, xanthan gum, leicitin and whip into an airy foam

use more egg white and salt

Have a side of oatmeal and get on with your fucking day

Trips of truth. Oatmeal is the most filling breakfast food out there.

Holy shit... just tried it thinking that you were just pulling my leg.

Ended up being absolutely delicious.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Water is better, steam voluminously increases yield. Milk just makes the eggs heavy.

What if you put the oatmeal in the eggs.

Add a equal parts water AND milk and then run them through a magic bullet until frothy immediately before pouring them into the pan.
It's the shit, honestly almost makes owning one of those things worth it. I also throw cheese in there and it's GOAT.

Oh and sometimes sour cream if you don't mind the taste. Definitely adds a richer texture.

That causes mustard gas

Yeah... Nah... But an egg in you oatmeal? Fucc yeah.

Wrong.

>put 3-4 eggs in a bowl
>210-280 cal
>put some oil or butter
>like 70 cal
>put eggs into pan
>wait
>wait
>start to scramble gently
>have large curds

ez

Do what IHOP does - use a little less egg, pour a little pancake batter into it. Whip in lots of air.

How is this legal

what the FUCK

No problem, bro. Enjoy your breakfast.

Why wouldn't it be?

youtube.com/watch?v=9x_PBSLCKPA

stop being gay and caring about eating too much calories

Just eat an extra four eggs and run an extra four miles. This thread is dumb.

don't worry op i understand ur /thinspo/ struggle

Fine use fucking argon u posh wanker