So what will happen to pleb masses once automation/narrow AI takes away all the low/average IQ blue collar and white...

So what will happen to pleb masses once automation/narrow AI takes away all the low/average IQ blue collar and white collar jobs in the next 20 years?

>believing this
>calling people plebs

If that happens -- if robots can do most jobs cheaper and better than humans -- then most people will be unemployed.
Either those people will get a guaranteed income (welfare/the dole) or there'll be a violent revolution!

It's happened before. Ancient Rome. No robots, but plenty of slaves who worked cheap.
The citizen-populace was kept docile with free food and entertainment. "Bread and circuses"

Does anyone have the braincock version of this wojak?

we're gonna be given gibsmedats checks

they won't even need to institute formal population control measures other than keeping abortion easy and plentiful the average modern day women considers having children to be abhorrent

basic income and maybe, just maybe, normies will actually develop interests and learn things. In reality, everyone will dive deeper into consumerism and hedonism, leaving zombies of instant pleasure with no concept of work or challenge. Honestly, when this comes about I hope the government and corporations shill a lifestyle that results in the former, not the latter. Though they likely won't, as they already strive for the latter anyway.

On another note, you might see more and more people having a struggle culture of breaking into wealth and escaping their low basic income. Imagine what esports would be like in that economic climate. Everything else in that category would be a path of course, any celebrity/personality/entertainer.

>Blue collar jobs
That's not how it works. It's easy to automate a productionline since a robot has to do one thing and one thing only, the freedom of movement is narrow and it's an incredibly controlled situation. And the high volume throughput makes the investment worthwhile.

It's much harder to replace an electrician or bricklayer. Too many degree of freedom and a chaotic environment.

White collar jobs are more at risk. Because most of these jobs don't need a robot. Just parsing and analyzing text on a server. Which us exactly what AI is becoming really good at. Personally I think a lawyer should worry more about his job than a truck driver.

The university bubble is going burst, a bunch of entitled kids with huge debt and no job.
So basically a continuation of what is already going on.

Either we do a culture shift from "everyone needs a degree" to promoting blue collar jobs or we get riots and gibs me dat

The masses will become a food crop, or fertilizer for other crops.

Servants and entertainers.

We will start space economy and everyone get their own megacorporation of robots to run. It will be awesome.

>The citizen-populace was kept docile with free food and entertainment. "Bread and circuses"
Do you think that could happen in this day and age, without eventually collapsing?

Not that the West isn't on borrowed time anyway, but let's ignore that for argument's sake.

>Though they likely won't, as they already strive for the latter anyway.
Mostly to drown out their shitty job and station in life though?

nah. pink colar jobs are at risk. followed by low tier white color and high tier blue color

this is what uneducated plebs actually believe

What will happen? The BRAIN BULL PHENOTYPE will reign SUPREME is what will happen. Prepare to get giga cucked everywhere you go by BRAIN BULLS as they BRAINED.COM your pathetic phenotypelet gf with their superior BRAIN BULL BABY BATTER.

Brain bulls today, brain bulls FOREVER.

Riots, also
>Implying you wouldn't be one

They'll be rounded up and put to death, just like stage coach drivers, ferriers and cowboys after the Great Horse Cull of 1904.

When the Soviet Union collapsed some professor wrote a book called "The End of History". He thought the whole world would become Western Democracies and nothing important would ever happen again.
Obviously, he was wrong. We're not living in the 21st century I'd been looking forward to.

All social systems break down -- eventually. "We, of course, have learned from the Past and are wise enough to avoid their mistakes."
Rubbish! Even if it was true, we'll make new mistakes. Only uncertainty is _when_.
If you ask historians "Why did Rome fall?" you'll get plenty of different answers. But mainly, they had a long run, dealt successfully with many problems, and, inevitably, some combination of disparate troubles they couldn't handle (at least not all at the same time) finally did them in.

Would people be satisfied with "bread and circuses" today? Certainly. Though the forms would be different. Reality TV or videogames, I suppose. A big screen, a controller, plenty of sweet and salty snacks; all that a great many people need to be happy and passive.

Used to be a big question if astronauts could keep sane, cooped in a small space for a long voyage to Mars. I've met people who could spend years without leaving their rooms. You'd have to drag they out. They might not even _notice_ they were in transit between planets.

>the one thing is like the other thing because they both belong to the larger set of the thing
ah, STEM degrees really are rigorous aren’t they?

Lol

we literally talk about this normie shit every week

Automation engineer here; this user is right, you can deny it but he's right.
The jobs that are going to be automated are things like paralegals, accountants, even surgeons.
Plumbers, electricians etc. are far too complex to automate.

I knew I were more intelligenter than them damn inscientists the whole time!

>be big company like McDonalds
>automate away your already low paying jobs
>oops that was also the demographic of our customer base

Serious question; if companies do this indefinitely, who will be left to afford their stuff?

So what will happen to violent revolutionaries, antirevolutionaries, and counterrevolutionaries once automation/narrow AI takes away all the low/average IQ violent revolutionary, antirevolutionary, and counterrevolutionary jobs in the next 20 years?

If that happens -- if robots can do most jobs cheaper and better than humans, including revolution, antirevolution, and counterrevolution -- then most people will be unemployed and revolutionised, antirevolutionised, or counterrevolutionised.
Either those people will get a guaranteed income (welfare/the dole) or there'll be a violent revolution, antirevolution, or counterrevolution!

>Used to be a big question if astronauts could keep sane, cooped in a small space for a long voyage to Mars. I've met people who could spend years without leaving their rooms. You'd have to drag they out. They might not even _notice_ they were in transit between planets.
Damn, man. No need to get personal.