What are the escential Plato dialogues? Do I need to read presocratics before jumping into Plato?

What are the escential Plato dialogues? Do I need to read presocratics before jumping into Plato?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Plato-Reader-Essential-Dialogues-Classics/dp/1603848118
youtube.com/watch?v=DH9ouo8-Dww
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

go 2 bed with itchy butthole
wake up smelly finger

Plato is a good place to start in my opinion. It's where I started and the organic procession of the arguments were a real pleasure to read. To be specific, I started with 'the republic' and branched out from there.

luckily there's literally a book called "essential dialogues"

amazon.com/Plato-Reader-Essential-Dialogues-Classics/dp/1603848118

you don't need to read pre-socratics, but you probably should read some sort of secondary introductory work on Plato if you are completely fresh to him or philosophy in general

I love review of the week

I really don't understand watching food reviews but this video is dope
youtube.com/watch?v=DH9ouo8-Dww

It's crazy to think that all that information is passing through the air, EVERYWHERE

And not just that channel, thousands more

He has the comfiest podcast of all time tbqh.

Did you check the description? it really made me feel

You don't need to, but you could read everything we have of them in a few hours. If you have a day you could hit all of them, their SEP pages, and Aristotle's rundowns. You can read Plato without reading them, but the rate of return is amazing if you do.

Can someone give me a quick rundown on Aristotle?

do you guys remember when he was literally running from some stalkers or something like that
lmao

He's a paranoid schizophrenic, and someone on Veeky Forums found internal photos of his house on a relative's Facebook page, then posted them on Veeky Forums saying 'i broke in reviewbrah's house, we're gonna get him soon'

>He's a paranoid schizophrenic
source?

that image, wew
would watch

>Some are born with slavish qualities, regardless of the family they are born in.
>We know that a slave is a slave because if the slave was not a slave, they would rather commit suicide than continue to live in such conditions.

Neither are anything close to comprehending his thought, but they are fun to think about regardless.

Republic, Phaedrus, Symposium, Apology, and Phaedo are the absolute barebones essentials

what does he talk about?

I would strongly lobby for adding Meno to that list.

The bulk of his show is him responding to fan mail. He used to respond to every piece of fan mail he received, but then he started to get to much mail.

>He's a paranoid schizophrenic
no he is not

>>We know that a slave is a slave because if the slave was not a slave, they would rather commit suicide than continue to live in such conditions.
I agree with Aristotle tbqh

>he hasn't read theaetetus

me too, wagies btfo

The Laws

Symposium is enough for you to know how fucking gay they are

post more reviewbrahs

alcibiades

What is the best way to tackle the pre-socratics? Would oxford's The First Philosophers: The Presocratics and Sophists be comprehensive?