Toad in the Hole is one of the best food out there, I feel sorry for anyone that hasn't had it along with Shepherd's pie

Toad in the Hole is one of the best food out there, I feel sorry for anyone that hasn't had it along with Shepherd's pie

So you filled a pan with batter, gently placed a few sausages onto it, and baked it?
That's fucking retarded.

How are you meant to eat that?

You put it in your mouth, chew, then swallow

Never have I seen such an utterly ridiculous and absurd food, it's fucking stupid

yeah
but the batter is one of the best batters you can every eat, and the mixture of the sausage and best batter of your life is amazing

cut into sections of sausages, with a knife and fork, with gravy

if you tasted it you wouldn't say such a thing

I've been trying to figure out how to make Shepherd's pie with beef stew and instant mashed potatoes. Doable?

Shepherd's pie is made with lamb mince. You could probably make something with what you have, but it wouldn't be shepherd's pie.

>do britbongs really?

It's called cottage pie when you use beef.

> america discovers toad-in-the-hole

Needs some mash and gravy to make it perfect.

I must admit that looks tasty.

You Brits do make some good food occasionally in between your chip butties and toast sandwiches.

>Toad in the hole or Sausage Toad is a traditional English dish

Well, that explains it.

yeah boi

look
chip butties
get some chips from the fish n chip shop, then a chip buttie will go from disgusting tier to amazing
60% of the time, if I'm eating fish n chips I also make a few chip butties with the chips
though i'ts only ever been amazing with fish n chip chips

Ah, Well, it's kinda hard to find canned lamb on my side of the water. So it's cottage pie.

I just kinda want a meat pie with potato crust.

We eat it in Australia too, it's good eatin'.

Is there a variation of the batter or can you just use and Yorkshire pudding batter?

a lot of people using yorkshire pudding batter
but i make my own

That's actually a modern distinction based on misapplied common sense

Everyone knows toads taste better when they are cooked in their holes. Moles are also good this way.

Bong fodder. Did the bongs have some sort of competition to see who could invent the meal with the most grease?

The only time in my life I have ever eaten from Micky Ds et al on a regular basis was in England. I swear, the Iraqis have better food.

Yes, it's called breakfast

Just England?

Yeah.

Shit like that makes it obvious it's shitposting. Like, you have the internet and can't find good food in In-ger-land but somehow have no problem in the rest of Britain? Stinks of butthurt over some percieved historical injustice or cultural conflict, like idiots that say you can't get good food in any given city with a multimillion population.

I was only in England. Didn't go anywhere else.

You didn't leave England? What, were you in London for a few days on a tiki tour?

Nope, working for the government. About 18 months, mostly just outside Norwich.

Get this fucking garbage out of here, Ameriboo.

I'm travelling through a Muslim country now and every time I stay with a new family I cook them an English dish, but they won't even eat pork and the only sausages you can buy here are those disgusting pink American hot dogs made of beef or chicken. I want to make toad in the hole but I won't make it with fake sausages out of principle. Also the only Worcestershire sauce you can find here is some disgusting American fake stuff filled with corn syrup. Even the cheddar is some weird orange stuff from America. When will the plague of American "food" finally end.

I've seen this before, it always does look tasty. Seems like a very comfy meal to be eaten on cold days, especially with a side of mashed taters and some root veggies.

What type of sausage is used for this? Also what type of gravy is used? I'd like to try to make this myself sometime.

I went to london and scotland last year and the difference just between those two was noticeable
Everything got better once i left england

With a knife and fork, degenerate.