How pathetic is it to go to a sushi restaurant alone to eat a ton of sushi...

How pathetic is it to go to a sushi restaurant alone to eat a ton of sushi? It's been 4 years since I've eaten a piece of sushi. I miss it so much

Other urls found in this thread:

watch-series.co/drama/kodoku-no-gurume-season-6-2017-episode-5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why don't you go with a friend, user?

not pathetic, especially as long as it's not a shit place

sit at the bar with the sushi chef

Go at lull hours and sit at the bar.
Order up some sake and just chat with the chef while eating.

It's good times. Although, I'm an incredibly lonely person, so it's pretty typical stuff for me.

>enter restaurant
>host: "table for one, sir?"
>can feel the spaghetti building up
>give host a death glare and run out of the restaurant crying
happens every time

Where are you? If you're in the GTA we should go together

>go with a friend
heh, fuck off normie

In travelled to Japan alone and every time I ate Sushi I had a bundle of plates at the end.

Without fail, every single time, there were other blokes eating alone with even more plates than me.

Who gives a fuck? Stop being so worried about what strangers think of you.

>Stop being so worried about what strangers think of you
I literally can't. I can't stop thinking about it. Even as a sit in my room escaping in video games, as soon as the monitors off I'm thinking about what my family thinks of me. Before I leave the house to get food from the store, I think about what those fucking trashy cunts will think of me. Before I made this post I thought about what you faggots would think of it. How do I stop it? I've tried so hard to stop thinking but in the end it doesn't even matter

How old are you? I'm 32 now and all through my early adulthood I felt like you but around 25-26 I started caring less and by 30 I couldn't give a fuck. I honestly just think it comes naturally with age. I sure as hell didn't do anything actively different to get over my insecurities. They just dissipated on their own accord.

I'm 22. I'm relieved you say that but I don't know if that will be the case with me. I hope so. If I can just last a few more years of this I'll be able to finally eat some sushi.

I'm in the same boat
22 and too anxious to live
I've started begging my friends to put me out of my misery
sorry for blogging

maybe you should see a therapist/doctor man, sounds kinda OCDish to me

I'll eat sushi with you in Chicago, brother

>I've tried so hard
AND GOT SO FAR! IN THE END, IT DOESN'T EVEN MATTER!

Dude where do you live I think a lot of people here are willing to get sushi with you. Maybe we should make sushi Veeky Forums meetups

just order as much as you want over the phone, pick it up, and throw away the extra chopsticks they give you because they think you ordered for 5 people.

That was on point. Ive suffered social anxiety in throughout my 20s, now 30s I don't give a shit anymore I'm noticing more and more, and it's happening fast. It comes with age.

>Maybe we should make sushi Veeky Forums meetups
Sounds like a good idea, my friends all live too far now for me to hang out so I would be down for this

A
L I N C O L N S Q U A R E
B
A
N
Y

P
A
R
K

Dude me too! Please tell me you're in the GTA

Now that I've started to care less, I've started to become more popular with people. ¯\(°_o)/¯

Toronto? No I'm in los angeles ;_;

sit at the bar where the chef is. It's not weird at all.

The world doesn't deserve us and we dont deserve the world

You know most places have to go boxes, right?

For sushi it's quite normal, perhaps even the preferred method.

not as pathetic as refusing to do what you want to do because you're too scared of what people might think of you

literally overpriced gobs of rice with tinned tuna quality shit on them

What's pathetic is being neurotic and concerned with other's opinions about whether it's pathetic to eat alone. You don't need other people with you to enjoy a meal. I do this about once a week. I actually hate going out to eat with other people because when I go to a restaurant the entire point is to enjoy the food. Hard to do when you're also making conversation.

Neurotic is being obsessed with a pleb-tier fruit.

dude, i have eaten at dennys alone surrounded by families. stop caring what strangers think about you. they will never see again or remember you

This is actually completely normal, especially in Japan.

I feel like Veeky Forums meetups would be autistically uncomfortable.

I go by myself to places very often, and I don't think it's pathetic or weird. Just go if you want to.

This.
It's not like you are going to karaoke or room escape.

>Go into restaurant
>Hostess walks up, hold up one finger
> She nods, notices you're dressed nicely, and are probably on a business meal. Hell, you might even be from out of town.
>Service is prompt but hands off. She'd rather spend time at the bigger tables, but wants to get you in and out quickly too.
>You spend the meal browsing Veeky Forums, reading a book, writing your novel,. Whatever.
>Get the check and leave

Ez pz I do it all the time as I often travel alone

>Being afraid of eating on your own

Have a nice meal/food on your own is one of life's great pleasures. I wish this weird stigma about not wanting to be around people constantly would go away.

I wish reditors wouldn't post here. I mean look, that is the peak wit of a reditor. How truly pathetic

Before i had a family, i used to go out and eat alone all the time. I miss those days. Considering my life now, those days were absolutely liberating. OP is a total faggot. My suggestion would be to hire a prostitute or make an ad on craigslist if you are so ashamed to be seen alone.

The melon is a gift.
Cherish it.

No, thats just internet meming. Doesnt matter if its reddit or Veeky Forums. Ive been on the internet for a long time, probably since you were an embryo

no, you save these for later or for arts and crafts

It's only pathetic if you see yourself as a pathetic loser.

>he thinks redit memes are acceptable on Veeky Forums

Doesn't matter how long you've been on the internet, doesn't change the fact you're a pathetic, witless faggot

Its all the same, dumb faggot

Melon is a gift that I would throw away.

here OP, let me give you a little advice. Alcohol is the only way I can function in life. Take a shot every time you leave your house. Two if you're doing something social. I just cured your autism

This

Wtf are you on about cunt? That meme started here

>meme
It's not a meme and it certainly did not start here in any case.

>normie
You clearly do not know what that word means or the context in which it is used.
Lurk moar, newfag.

I'm currently neetbux and I got a bf in less than week. Are you fat or something? Is getting a bf easier than getting a friend?

Then have a conversation with the sushi chef.

it's not pathetic at all, treat yourself

RULE
TWO
READ IT

Jesus christ, imagine being such a retarded tryhard that you have to make a shitty thread to show your powerlevel.
Wow!

moderately pathetic, depending on how you carry yourself, which will probably radiate patheticness.

Just look at yourself: you're not interesting enough for anyone to care. They're all just happy you're not talking loudly like the assholes two tables away. You'll make people happier by realizing they aren't you. It's a win-win user, go eat.

we can go together user

Sit at the sushi bar
Wear some business clothes pretend that you're a high profile company man just trying to have a peaceful lunch away from the hectic corporate world

Why is it always Veeky Forums where I see threads derail through people with major anxiety? Not purposely being a dick but I'm genuinely curious. I hope you all do well though

I'm in LA too, friend

This. Take some business insider like magazine with you. Comb your hair, and for the love of god shave that neckbeard. Wear some deodorant and people will come up to you in no time asking for investment tips.

>Why is it always Veeky Forums
Depressed and insecure people eat away their misery. So, I guess the first stop after /r9k/ tends to be Veeky Forums.

And you should be a dick, because if this feels like a safespace they'll come in droves and the only threads will be "tfw no gf" bullshit.

Everyone on Veeky Forums does that just to show some of their powerlevel. Recent thing tho, people don't do that on nicest boards.

All you need to get a bf is a bagina tbqh

This. The place I go to, I buy either a beer or a shot of sake for the sushi chef, he values that over tips. If you sit at the sushi bar, generally speaking the food is better too since the chef making it is under more scrutiny. Only plebs sit at tables.

>dope sushi place run entirely by Japanese (i'm in a smaller city in GA so probably the only Jap family in town) right across the street from where I work
>they made an online ordering system for takeout orders
>put in an order when the workday is dying down, and pick it up right after getting off
Order maybe once a month and drop 50 bucks an order. shits so good.

tl;dr: order takeout

Sushi restaurants usually have a bar, they're made to go alone

also watch-series.co/drama/kodoku-no-gurume-season-6-2017-episode-5

If you don't exchange a greeting with the hostess before holding up your finger, then you come off as a sperg and/or very rude. Just fyi

Are you in Athens?

no, but not super far away. I'm a little closer to ATL

>I buy either a beer or a shot of sake for the sushi chef, he values that over tips.
Yeah, I'm sure he much prefers being given a beer at work over actual money he can use to buy whatever he wants.