Tell me about yourself and why you come to Veeky Forums

tell me about yourself and why you come to Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WePI9XxJ90Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I come here because I'm bored and have no other opportunity for social contact.

And sometimes people recommend books.

myself

youtube.com/watch?v=WePI9XxJ90Q

Books are the only remote intellectual hobby in my life and are all i'm good at.

Everywhere else is worse.

I love books and I love being on Veeky Forums, so I'm here.

I live in a college town - philistine shithole. For six years now. My stay is prolonged as I've willingly relinquished all motivation to succeed thus failing classes and re-counting the fruitless cycle my, now mostly estranged, parental figures tricked me into. The institution and the unpersons who inhabit it have no sincere affect on me, but I do enjoy talking to some of the professors and I do possess a string of friends but they serve as placeholders to prevent me from feeling isolated and overtly lonely-- similar to eating bland non-nutritious food to avoid starvation.

I made the mistake of joining the literature club on campus once. I don't even need to describe it as they're all the same cookie cutter horror story experience. I come to Veeky Forums since I enjoy reading and discussing books and I don't see a better outlet anywhere online that compares(unfortunately). It's that Veeky Forums brand of shitposting mixed with, I'd dare say, small cosmopolitan community that pulls me back into this blissful cesspool. I thank you all I suppose.

these

Im thin and post on Veeky Forums
I come here to shitpost in my spare time

philosophy memes, mainly

>tfw 30 years old
>tfw like #menswear and generally grown-up style

I love fashion, but I can't post on Veeky Forums. Their meme fashion is too much bullshit for me.

Veeky Forums is a phase, i honestly believe that. was my homeboard for a long time, but now i visit and it's totally lost on me, the appeal.
definitely related to not being 16-21 anymore.

I like dogs and usually post on /an/
I come here to shitpost sometimes

I came cause I wanna read a book and pretend to do that by listening to "advice"

I love the discussions here

this is me being honest

Talking about myself depresses me. Thanks for reminding me that.

This is the first time lurking this board.
I do read alot for fun but im usually shit posting on Veeky Forums cause cars.
Im Bluecollar too if it changes anything.

One day ill get myself a bookworm qt

because people here are more autistic than i could ever try to be and it makes me feel better about myself.
occasionally there are interesting threads

This

I like to read the discussions about books I've read. Sometimes I enjoy reading the critique threads. I don't usually post, I always feel inadequate.

I'm just a regular everyday guy. /lits top 100 chart was what I was reading in highschool and university. So now I come here for those random obscure book ideas.

I'm hoping being around other writers will motivate me to actually get some writing done.

It's, uh. Going about how you'd expect.

Because being kind of smart is what gives me any semblance of self worth and since I suck at the natural sciences I try to gather knowledge about literature, philosophy and the humanities. These topics are also genuinely interesting to me. I go to Veeky Forums instead of reddit because Im not interested in the glorified pulp that most of genre fiction is or mainstream philosophy and because I prefer the discussions and anonymity on Veeky Forums instead of circle jerking and fishing for up votes. I like how many people here have at least a bit of a different opinion on most topics and are not afraid to voice them even if much of it is ironic shitposting and baiting (you)s. I also like the meymeys a lot.

i want to force other people to read the shit that scarred me into the self aware shell of humanity i am. i hope to catch them at a young age, so the past few years have been great.