Why does no one seem to give a rat's ass about the side effects of birth control?

Why does no one seem to give a rat's ass about the side effects of birth control?

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811913012202
huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/09/birth-control-brain_n_7032578.html
sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2014/the-risks-of-control-assessing-the-link-between-birth-control-pills-and-breast-cancer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because they only affect women, and no one cares what women think

because it's better than the alternative (getting knocked up)

>what are condoms

That's because they're property.

It's like bothering with the side effects of using pesticides on your lawn. Nobody really cares, because nobody wants ants.

Ignorance for the most part. There's also a culture among women about using it as a badge of respect. Weird shit.

A condom is a sheath-shaped barrier device, used during sexual intercourse to reduce the probability of pregnancy or a sexually transmitted infection (STIs).

Unironically because women are memed to be emotionally unstable even though men display similar reactions to them when presented with a control of distressing emotional stimuli
So when birth control causes a woman to go off the rails, pharmafags cluck to themselves “ohoho just a woman being a woman” instead of noting it as a serious side affect and conducting further research for a drug they’re already making money on
>steroids cause a similar reaction in men but it’s considered serious enough to ban for anything other than use in hospitals and as treatments for extreme illness

The problem with condoms is that when the thot gets drunk off her ass and fucks some random chad at the bar she'll be so smashed she'll forget to ask him to put a condom on, or she won't ask because it will kill the mood

>testosterone is only prescribed in medically necessary situations but estrogen is widely available and even argued to be a fundamental human right for women even though wide spread use is documented to containment water supplies, micro dosing everyone male and female alike with estrogen

hmm..... makes u think doesnt it

because women are just cattle

> women about using it as a badge of respect.
Trying to show off their freedom from the patriarchy. This is also why no politician will ever ever EVER even question birth control in any what whatsoever, because if you question birth control then you're trying to control women and make them slaves.

Basically the corporations that are making huge money off these insanity pills have managed to twist things around so that ever questioning them is political suicide.

How do I convince my gf to not start these fucking god damn pills.

How about don’t ruin her by having sex before you’re married faggot

don't be a cuck put a baby in her

>faggot
Why the homophobia?

Well it seems like most people in this thread also don't give a rat's ass about some of the benefits like how it helps prevent the most common cause of infertility in women IE endometriosis. It also can help regulate periods, make them less painful and can help prevent hormone related migraines and potentionally stop them from becoming chronic.

The only steroid actually found to increase emotional instability in testing was halotestin and steroids weren't banned for their supposed mental effects but for the heart hypertrophying.

Honestly you guys are just the other end of the stance you're claiming to hate with just as much denial and ignorance. There's pros and cons to it just like any other medications. It's not some super secrete pharma scheme either.

Because gay “people” are worthless wastes of resources? Are you fucking new?
>defy accomplishing your one biological purpose for existing: reproduction
>still consume energy and produce waste for ~80 years
>touch little boys in the meantime
I hope you’re joking

>steroids weren't banned for their supposed mental effects but for the heart hypertrophying.
then why isn't birth control banned for increasing risks of cardiovascular issues? why is testosterone bad but estrogen a literal human right?

:thinking:

Let's see, health benefits of steroids is zero.

Health benefits of birth control, a shitload plus the economic benefits.

And you got to be insane if you think the risk of cardiovascular incident from birth control is even close to as sever as the left ventricular hypertrophy in steroid users.

>no politician will ever ever EVER even question birth control in any what whatsoever
Not true. Some employers refuse to pay for health insurance that include birth control, and some politicians are OK with that.

To be fair: that's a matter of who pays for the BC, rather than whether or not it should be used.

>There's pros and cons to it just like any other medications.

It fucks up their hormones and mental state for the rest of their lives. It is literally a switch that gets flipped in an odd way and never ever goes back to normal. That's just a side effect, not part of what it is supposed to be doing.

That guy isn't new, posts why the homophobia on any thread someone mentions gay or faggot in. Probably thinks they're fighting for justice by infiltrating the shitlords.

u n p r o t e c t e d s e x

>It fucks up their hormones and mental state for the rest of their lives. It is literally a switch that gets flipped in an odd way and never ever goes back to normal.

Look user I'm going to sleep but when I wake up I wanna see a giant fucking citation for that strong claim.

>Let's see, health benefits of steroids is zero.
yeah i mean it's not concerning or anything that western males have a fraction of T-levels and fertility rates that their grandfathers had.

testosterone has no health benefits :^)
having the T-levels of a 90 year old man is healthy and normal :^)

is the reason why half the country has hpv, herpes, super gonorrhea, etc

A lot of people had all those things before birth control pills existed, you know

That’s fucking faggy as hell, but if it’s not a bot I wonder why he doesn’t just kill himself?

>That’s fucking faggy as hell, but if it’s not a bot I wonder why he doesn’t just kill himself?
I'm not a "he".

Because the primary effect is incredibly desirable therefore side effects are negligible

do you understand what a "rate" is?

do you know the difference between 5% and 50%?

Paper Citation:
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1053811913012202

Popsci layman's version:
huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/09/birth-control-brain_n_7032578.html

It is actually a bit scary and more studies need to be performed.

>Why does no one seem to give a rat's ass about the side effects of birth control?
People care. But the benefits are worth the downsides to a lot of women.

At least you didn't dispute being the same fag posting that on every thread

>benefits

The only benefit is they don't need to use a condom. That's literally it.

I’m not a he either bitch
Get the fuck off this board you attention whoring snowflake
Gay people are worthless and you should feel bad
Why are you even here?

>At least you didn't dispute being the same fag posting that on every thread
I'm not a "fag", nor am I the only person posting it.

>MUH PERIOD CRAMPS
>*pollutes the environment with estrogen and devastates ecosystems with her radioactive piss to the point even exxon mobile would blush*

Marry me

>The only benefit is they don't need to use a condom. That's literally it.
>not using a condom because the girl's on the pill
ever heard of an STI?

jesus christ this thread is embarrassing

did I missclick onto /soc/?

I'm not sure whether you have any experience with this, user, but that is actually a big deal.

not to mention the fact that almost all girls on the pill are polyamorous sluts that have a way higher chance of being infected

I'm talking to a bonafide roasty who is currently on the pill aren't I? It all makes sense now. It has mentally unbalanced you and you are trying to defend taking it.

The pill actually turns them into that kind of person by altering their mind.

I () am a man and I have no experience taking the pill. The part about not relying on condoms is clear for either sex though.

My pet theory is chicks on BC getting cream pied but never get pregnant causes their unconscious mind think something's wrong with their body and that leads to problems

Or perhaps its because the pill takes away almost all of the risk that having sex involves, giving them no reason to ever curtail their desires or save themselves; there are no (immediate) consequences.

REEEEEE get the fuck out roastie
Why are you putting the word fag in quotation marks like that?
This is exactly what I was talking about in another thread, how liberal “women” (that’s how you use quotation marks, bitch) with gender studies degrees shill STEM related things and make us all look like retarded brainlets
Again, why are you even here?
>inb4 jewess

see: For the paper on what areas of the brain it affects. tl;dr version is:

>Specifically, the connectivity of the left angular gyrus, the left middle frontal gyrus, and the anterior cingulate cortex were different between groups. Because the anterior cingulate cortex and left middle frontal gyrus are important for higher-order cognitive and emotional processing, including conflict monitoring, changes in the relationship of these structures to the functional networks with which they interact may have important consequences for attention, affect, and/or emotion regulation.

MARRY
ME

I appreciate the offer but I’m in a happy and loving relationship with a cis gendered heterosexual white man
Anything that alters a body’s biology like this (stopping you from getting pregnant in the way people are designed to get pregnant) means something extreme and abnormal is happening to your body
I don’t take the pill because I don’t have sex but I’m going to do some quick research because I’m pretty sure it makes you continually shed your uterine walls(?) (this is most likely wrong, so again, be back in a minute with better info and actual sources)

>I’m pretty sure it makes you continually shed your uterine walls

Even if it did, that really is the very least of your worries with that shit.

It basically tricks your brain into thinking you're pregnant, and therefore not ovulating (releasing eggs)

Where are chicks like you in the real world? HOW DO I FIND ONE OF YOU PLS RESPOND

t guy who also saves themselves for marriage

I think so too, I have a friend who is having some real problems with the implant version in her arm (extreme pain) and is getting it looked at tomorrow along with some lumps that’ve developed in her breasts. It’s crazy.
I found this shitty study, but it mentions breast cancer and how birth control affects the uterin wall
sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2014/the-risks-of-control-assessing-the-link-between-birth-control-pills-and-breast-cancer/
Still looking for more
I don’t know if you can tell, but I’m pretty freaking autistic. I would say church though. I’m majoring in computer engineering. I’m also not bad looking. I’m not sure how rare the autistic-Christian-STEM-cute combo is though. There has to be others like me out there. Don’t give up
(I met my bf at work and asked him if he was a Christian “in case I ever wanted to date him” if that provides perspective. Girls can get away with being this awkward if they’re pretty and nice though. Best of luck to you)

slightly aspie religious chicks who aren't traditionally feminine in terms of personality are literally top tier wife material. mad jelly of ur bf.

>aren't traditionally feminine in terms of personality
realized i phrased this poor. basically i mean non-catty/not a basic bitch whos obssessed with make up and clubbing

>basic bitch whos obssessed with make up and clubbing

God, I shudder even seeing words like this in print. That whole life style on both sides of the fence is just fucking terrible.

Here's some more search engines.

Neat

Why the fuck do women do this to themselves? They aren't even the ones that have to wear the condom.

I definitely look feminine and take care of myself, but I know what you mean. I’ve actually never been to a club.
Also, there are girls who are really, genuinely interested in guys who are into science too. Seriously don’t give up!
Ah, thank you! It’s shocking to see a useful image on this board. I’m going to start looking into this more because birth control is something that’s affecting my friends very negatively and I just don’t know enough about it as it is. Will report back tomorrow (or make a new thread with sources if this one dies)

>Why the fuck do women do this to themselves?

They wear makeup too. That shit is a vicious cycle that maintains bad skin. It takes weeks to months to recover from using it if you go cold turkey, before your skin starts to look normal and you finally don't "need" makeup.

Same reason people eat until they're horribly obese and their whole life is ruined or people will put themselves in massive debt living an unsustainable lifestyle.

Instant gratification and no concern for the ramifications.

Unfortunately, all pharmaceutical birth control is inherently bad. The biggest problem with talking to people about it, who use it, is that they are already being affected mentally by it. That makes it more difficult to talk to them about it because they can't rationalize things as well.

This isn't so much a result of the drug effecting their mental state as it is the simple fact that a person will always be bias towards supporting something they are already doing.

A person may think the Xbox and the Playstation are pretty much the same thing while choosing which to buy, but once they buy it they will rabidly defend it and proclaim that it is vastly superior to the other. Such is the way of humans. Of COURSE somebody who uses a medicine will think it's good to use that medicine; after all, they are using it, so it must be good.

I don't doubt that there are women who are into STEM guys and who value family and tradition.

However I just had literally no idea how to identify women who share my values. None of this born again virgin shit.

I agree that it makes it harder to rationalize, but you could always start by advocating for the delvelopment if safer birth control (or abstinence eventually)
I’m just going to compile as much raw information as I can and try to throw it up here on my lunch break tomorrow.
If there’s legitimate concerns beyond what the general public realizes, it is fortunate that women are also happen to be the easiest demographic to meme things/market to
I honestly think we can help women be more conscious about sex, health, and the environment if presented the right way
>tfw no more estrogen in the water

>This isn't so much a result of the drug effecting their mental state as it is the simple fact that a person will always be bias towards supporting something they are already doing.

The two go hand-in-hand in this respect. The meds in this case take it to another level.

Tact is always the first action. Try the honey before the vinegar and all that.

This is not Veeky Forums related but real quick:
If you’re a Christian then being born again is real.
I know men and women who have had sex with 1-2 people before getting saved and then be abstinent until getting married (~5+ years later)
You can have the standard of wanting to be with a virgin for sure, but I personally don’t judge people according to Christian morals for actions they made before they were Christians
Just my two cents

What's going on in this thread? Why are anons pretending to be girls?

Advocating abstinence is a great way of making everybody ignore you and disregard your opinions instantly. People want to fuck and that is never going to change.

>I know men and women who have had sex with 1-2 people before getting saved and then be abstinent until getting married (~5+ years later)
So you think. What if they got better at hiding their flings?

>posting on Veeky Forums while being this credulous/gullible

People can be born again all they want. That doesn't mean the future mother of my kids is going to be one of those women.

because more freedom means more responsability

and people can't handle reproductive responsability after the indroduction of pills and condoms
this is the reason that the introduction of contraception is associated with lower marriage rates, higher marriage age, higher divorce rate, and lower fertility

And that’s fine! There’s nothing wrong with that at all. Its mostly those people who end up marrying each other anyway (at least at my church)
I don’t think anyone is assuming screaming at women in the streets to stop having sex would work
You could start with advocating the research of safer birth control since what we have now has serious side affects the general public is willfully ignoring or just unaware of

People want to do a lot of things. People also have impulse control.

It's that thing that separates us from animals.

Gotta sign off since I have class in the morning. Any parting advice on how you think a guy could pick a single version of you, or any other Christian gal? As in, in the alternate timeline where you're single, what could a guy have done other than be your coworker and have been at the right place and right time to get asked by you if he was Christian?

You know, for, uh, Science and stuff.

>religious/Christian girls are chaste
I live in one of the most Christian countries on the planet. People are observant of their religion, with high Sunday service/mass attendence rate compared to mst countries. Women are still absolutely disgusting whores. My own supposedly goodie-two-shoes Evangelical cousin who everyone in the family has a good opinion of raped me several times when I was a little boy. She was also giving "lectures" about Jesus to other kids at the time, since she was baby sitting a bunch of them. What's a Christian girl to do, but give lessons about Jesus in the morning, and rape her own cousin in the afternoon. Nowadays I become catatonic after prolonged physical contact with women. Isn't that great?

Women are fucked up and y'all retarded.
2D > 3D.

>People also have impulse control.
Impulse control as a phenotype is not evenly distributed in any population. It has pretty high variability.

Go for the ones who were raised in the church. I knew a girl who was a virgin until she was 26 when she got married.
Also be upfront about how important it is to you. You could potentially lead a girl on/very seriously hurt her feelings if you aren’t upfront with how important it is to you right away. She’s still a person and even if this Mongolian fly fishing forum likes to say otherwise, in real life I’ve always known it to be better not to hurt people or make them feel unwanted/unworthy if you don’t have to.
Best of luck user

because it feels too good to cum inside my gf's puss without any worries of knocking her up.
Worth the risk of a few aneurysms.

>Go for the ones who were raised in the church.
You mean the ones that give blowjobs to their boyfriends on Saturday night after practising for the church choir for the next day where's they'll sing "praise" to God with the same filthy mouths?

tits?

because women find them convenient, so you can't question them

I’m really sorry this happened to you user. What she did to you is absolutely demonic and not okay or representative of who Jesus was at all
I know how hard it is. It can really fuck you up for a long time, I’m so sorry
My own father molested my sister and I when we were kids, and my sister still has to go to therapy to this day. She’s 22 now. But all that being said, there is healing in the cross. God hates sin and he hates that you had to deal with that. I’m crying agh. I’m so sorry you had to go through that I wish I could fix it somehow. I’m praying for you after I write this
It must have been so traumatic and it’s understandable how you could feel that way about women now
Listen, I’m a woman so you can take this with a grain of salt, but most women aren’t like your cousin. I hope you find healing and learn how have a healthy relationship with women who are good
I mentioned my boyfriend above, but honestly it took a long time to even be ready for a relationship and even longer for me to tell him what happened. I would cry randomly when he would hold my hand or touch my arm and it scared him. I know what it’s like for touching to go from being a good thing to being a scary and dark thing. I’m really sorry you had to deal with that user but I’m legitmately crying this made me so sad. I’m praying for you now

STOP
HOLY SHIT

>all religious women are secretly sluts, trust me bro.

Stop what? Having morals, principles, self-respect, and standards?

You seem like a good person, so I am sorry that my reveal made you cry but you on't need to worry about me. I already know what I have to do and I'm looking into how to get castrated so I won't feel any need to have contact with women ever again.

My only intention was to dispel the myth that religious girls are somehow special and "hold themselves for marriage". I grew up in an Evangelical family and an Evangelical church. That is simply not true of the vast majority of the girls there. I am really sorry for saying this, but you seem like an exception that proves the rule, and even in your case it is because you were sexually abused as a child that you remained chaste. Life isn't tragic. It's fucked up beyond belief.

I hope it works out for you and your boyfriend though. Hope dies last I guess...

Almost all of that is wrong.

That does not indicate it is permanent at all.

who the fuck gives a shit?

you're going to suck so bad during your first sex. it will ruin your honeymoon for sure.

thats only EE2 you fuck

>health benefits of steroids is zero

I am retracting this by the way. I won't be seeking to castrate myself anymore. Maybe your prayers helped user because I have found Jesus. (It's either that or I may be entering a manic phase/episode in my depression.)

i will never take this poison

>DUDE WHY AREN'T YOU HAVING NONSTOP PRE MARITAL SEX? LMFAO DO YOU WANT TO NOT BE ABLE TO FUCK LIKE A PORNSTAR ON YOUR HONEYMOON????? GOOD LUCK MAINTAINING A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITHOUT BEING AN IMPULSIVE, AMORAL BONOBO.

I'll take my chances, ty.