Just graduated university

>just graduated university

>can't find a job because all of the businesses are outsourcing jobs to Indian street shitters who get paid $5/hour

Why did you lie to me Veeky Forums? I thought STEM jobs were abundant

Where do you live

india

Actually Veeky Forums is one of the few places I've seen that is honest about the oversupply of STEM graduates.
It's the rest of the world that lied.

>he fell for the stem meme

Its one big cycle. In the 80s, arts degrees were the big thing. Every kid was told to become a major, boom theyre fucked by the time theyre done with school. Same with stem. Its a sad thing but a good punishment for faggots who will do anything for money

There is an oversupply of every single academic diploma (outside a narrow set of highly skilled jobs where your formation can neither be short nor bogus, and where self teaching is practically impossible like surgeon).

What happens is that western countries turned their educative systems before uni (i mean everything until highschool included) into complete dysfunctional shit for various reasons (cultural marxism but the goal was also to turn the whole population aged between 10 and 20 into heavy consumers who spend money without actually earning it). As a result, the early formative years of the average individual are wasted and he needs to go to college/uni in order to learn what he/she could (and in many cases should) have learn earlier (compare math curricula in US and Asia or other countries). And because of that, the guy rots in uni instead of learning useful skills in active work life.

Nobody wants to hire chan-dwelling /pol/tards. What a surprise. How unfair. And it's all "their" fault.

STEM jobs are abundant, you probably just come across as an unpleasant sperg in your interviews.

Go and learn how to repair electric cars. you will have employment for life.

this reads like paranoid ranting but I cant argue with any of it

what a world

>There is an oversupply of every single academic diploma
I think you could go even further than this. There's an oversupply of every profession.
People like to cry about how there's great jobs in the trades but nobody wants to do them. This is false; the reason there are too few plumbers/welders/carpenters is not lack of willing labourers, it's autistic labour unions fucking up the market.

Anywhere you look there are several times more people looking for work than there are jobs even if you discard garbage candidates. There's just too many of us.

Get a masters

t.2.0 gpa civil engineer

Believe me, if you are not a hyper autist in the big circles of STEM people then by the time any news reaches you, it is already too old to be true. Let me tell you what happened.

>STEM jobs were abundant 10 years ago
>The big leaders in STEM saw this and commented on it to their business partners, their friends, their family, their students too if they were college professors. From this many people got some of these jobs.
>There are still plenty of jobs in STEM
>The new workers in STEM do the same, they tell it to everyone they know. More people get jobs in STEM.
>STEM is now as employable/profitable as any other sector given that now so many people are in it and are qualified to be in it. Demand for new workers is low as fuck.
>Some reporter hears from his cousin who is an ignorant engineer that "STEM jobs are great!" but in reality, his cousin was just trying to humblebrag with false information.
>That report her has no integrity and no investigative skills so he writes an article for a shitty publication no one inside STEM cares about.
>By now STEM is basically a closed machine, with no need for new workers.
>Reporter finishes writing his shitty article and publishes it on whothefuckcares.com
>The few people who read it now "know" there are plenty of STEM jobs
>Even shittier reporters read the article and start reporting on the same "STEM craze WOW!" with stupid headlines like "THIS IS HOW TO MAKE MONEY IN 2017 CLICK CLICK CLICK GIVE ME CLICKS"
>The now 10 year old information finally reaches you, the uninformed retarded average citizen
>With 10 year old information you decide to enroll in a STEM career.
>4 years pass and the information is now 14 years old. You look for a job and notice something is off.
>:((((((( WHY IS EVERYONE LYING TO ME WAAAAH WAAAAH

It is your fault for being a peasant at the lowest of the food chain.

Interesting, any articles you recommend I can read up on this social trend?

The only jobs that are abundant is programming and IT. There is an oversupply of engenieers,scientists and the like.

well, nobody likes to hire people without experience. lower your wage requirements, gather experience for a year or two, and you will find a new job very easily.

I feel you m8. I graduated in May, BS ChemE 3.9 GPA, MS Materials 3.95 GPA. Two years of research in a uni lab, 18 months in industry. Took me until October to land a job.

The whole process was shit. Hiring departments considered me overqualified for typical out of college jobs, but under qualified compared to applicants who have been out of college for 3-5 years. I was always up against guys with way more industry experience. So many job interviews ended with "you did really great in the interview, but ultimately we went with a more qualified applicant".

Applying to jobs online is a racket. I sent out 63 online applicants, did not hear back from a single one. Every interview I got was through hitting up people on LinkedIn and networking around.

Also to the people in the thread talking about an oversupply of STEM in the market, I'd characterize it more as companies having no interest in hiring and developing low experience (recent graduate) type of people. They want someone to waltz in with 5 years of experience and start work with no investment in training. There's massive demand for mid level engineering talent. I think it's a bunch of bullshit.

STEMfags are socially awkward dudes who dont have the absence of empathy to do good in a business environment so we rely on our intelligence to get us ahead either that or computer science its all we can do goddamit.

I'm a computer scientist, live in Sweden and we are drowned in jobs. There are more jobs than applicants for all sorts of development positions in Stockholm. Itäs also fairly easy for me to get a job in the UK or even the US as a java + .NET developer. Do you live in a small town? Move to a bigger one.

That is not true, as I just mentioned, in Europe even if you are a junior oyu will get hired easily. But again that's computer science...

It's like that in USA too for CS. Tonnes of jobs and the pay is like twice what you'd get in Europe too.

Yeah if it wasn't for the fact that the US is a completely shitty place to live in every way imaginable I would be there already. Larger corporations are so desperate for developers they actually help you with the legal jumble of being able to work there. So it's super easy to move. (Uh, if you're white)

Black people and arabs it's probably not be as easy for. Sorry about that. But yay for us palefaces.

Maybe the indian street shitters are getting jobs because they are better than you at doing it, not necessarily because they are cheaper.
Nevertheless, I do agree that the current economy doesn't make it easy for anyone to get a job, but it has never been easy to get a specialized job and if you focus too much on that side of the question, you'll get nowhere.
Just forget about the pajeets taking over jobs and focus on how you can get a job in the current scenario.

>Every interview I got was through hitting up people on LinkedIn and networking around.

Go to job fairs, network with friends, ask family if they can recommend someone for you to contact. If the person actually hiring you wants you, them they will push your application through HR. HR does NOT hire you, HR is there to "assist" the person looking to hire you.