Mfw the bible is the greatest work of art, both politically and commercially, that will ever and has ever been created

mfw the bible is the greatest work of art, both politically and commercially, that will ever and has ever been created

The coke logo is more globally recognizable, ubiquitous, and economically relevant

OP, how to interpret this? You like the bible but its sending you to hell? Maybe am wrong?

well, it influenced europeans culture and value.

It's clearly on the western canon.

I would say shakespeare and the koran already enters into the same realm of influence.

nah, i'm not religious in the slightest, but if you look through the majority of countries with any sort of western interaction, the bible appears as an overwhelming force which stands victorious in the cultures; just pretty cool really how something can be that widespread, same with the quran just i dont feel it is as much

Envious people like you only say that because the Bible has no author, so they take pleasure in denying merit to all the other great individual writers of history

It's more that I take pleasure in bestowing all the glories of art upon a gaggle of goatherds who couldn't wash their dicks.

let's not fall in eurocentrism pls.

every culture has some major literarian works that shape it.

For an hindu and a japanese the bible has not major impact.

nah, i genuinely think there have been so many good authors (dare i say great? i mean, its all personal really) beginning with Sappho and all the way up to Eugenides
jeez

Gentleman, gentleman, play nice now please.

This has to be bait?????????

What? It's funny to me that such a great work comes from my ancestors a bunch of no-name desert shitters.

You've a strange sense of humor, friend! But the bible is a good book.

Meh, it's alright

Only if you appraise it's quality teleologically

>the bible only had an impact on the west
>western civilization only had an impact on itself
Lol.

I can't look away

>tfw you read the old testament in the original hebrew and the kjv is actually better

Ignorance speaks.

Ignorance speaks.

The Christians tried to go to japan but they got owned hard