Which book could be its counterpart?

Which book could be its counterpart?

This book totally fucked me up and I want to read what the opposite side has to say/argue

Totalitarianism in a Tundra.

Thanks, this saved my life, you cunt.

Next book when?

Just take up alcoholism. I read this like 2 years ago and have forgotten most of what he says in it even though I still remember what the point of it is. It will likely dull your memory a bit to drink to excess every day.

The Foundation for Exploration

Unironically just go outside. The book's main flaw is that in its thesis of malignantly useless it only argues the useless. He never shows how life is bad. Go outside and see that it isn't, that people are happy and you can be happy too :)

The Holly Bibble

What if happy people make me even more depressed because I feel like I'm never going to be happy again? When I see happy couples I wish they'd die.

What is that shit about?

MEMEMES

Any book on the matter?

The Once And Future King

the bible desu

Read Ralph Waldo Emerson's "Nature" essays.

i don't believe you've read it

Most books? Pic related was what I found online for recent books on anti-natalism, it looks like the first half of it is anti-natalist and the second half is pro-natalist. But literally just pick most books, most books contain something that makes life worth living and all you need is something

>he thinks ideas cause emotions rather than being the fruit grown and picked by emotion

Anyone who has a moderately enjoyable life would be completely unaffected by that Reddit tier book.

>Recent books
Now why the fuck would you prefer to read recent books instead of old books

I have, but if you think I missed an area of the book where he shows the "malignantly" aspect, I'll check it out right now. Cite page numbers

so you're saying it's not actually meaningless because there are enough novel things to distract you until death

No? That's a horrible strawman of what I said. If you're going to argue badly at least give your own ideas instead of a trying to translate my own on to your bad philosophy.

You don't have to know life's specific meaning to see that there is one.

Alright, will do all of the above. Which other Nietzsche works would help me?

Oddly I enjoy reading shit like and have more of apathetic oh well what can ya do response to reading it.

What if when happy couples see people with your extreme level of self-indulgence and negative attitude to life they feel sick to the stomach because they know you are owning claiming a poor-me stance and have shied away from taking responsibility to be happy and control your own emotional make-up?

You can't get any more pleb than this.
Also, you speak of happiness as if it was possible to achieve such a state. I envy your blindness.

Optimism and pessimism are merely arbitrary opinions. Existence itself is perfectly neutral and your experience of it is for a large part determined by the states of consciousness you cultivate.

Also, the way out of pessimism is going through it. If you sincerely buy into the conclusions of Ligotti and friends the obvious answer is suicide. But if you do not decide to kill yourself, the next best thing is obviously to optimise well-being rather than dwell on the negative.

So kys or get into vipassana.

Envy all you like, then kill yourself. And post vids.

You must have come to realise this world is just chaotic sensory inputs rattling around outside your brain. The inside of your brain works to interpret those inputs and can do a good or shitty job of it.

I'm thinking about a family in Mongolia who walk on all fours. They do it because they always have. Their bodies have adapted to it and yet if you took one of their babies outside the family, it would walk like any other human.

Your brain is shit. Definitely at emotions if nothing else. Perhaps you've had bad role models, who knows. Put simply, you have to reprogram your brain. It's far easier than it sounds. Like so many otherwise intelligent people, you'll fear the first step of a thousand miles and go back to your easy comfort zone way of thinking.

You envy me, I pity you.

And post vids.

Kek you got really mad, little fish. You ate my bait like it was candy.

Read Tolstoy

Weird. Just a few days ago, I decided I would write a novel that served as a counterpart to this very book. Funny coincidence!

Do it.

Oh I am, believe me.

hypersphere exists

>He never shows how life is bad. Go outside and see that it isn't, that people are happy and you can be happy too :)

Get to know those happy people on a personal level and you'll realize that they're just as miserable as everyone else; sometimes even more miserable.

Read Epicurus

Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Nietzsche is the only thinker who took nihilism/pessimism seriously and tried to overcome it.

I'm sure the first half of that book is just a compressed shittier version of Benatar's actual book on the matter

No one in the world ever gets what they want and that is beautiful. Everybody dies frustrated and sad and that is beautiful. They want what they're not, and I wish they would stop saying "Deputy dog dog a ding dang debby debby deputy dog dog a ding dang debby debby."

read all his other essays too while you're at it

>I was only pretending
Okay retard, stop talking like a Bond villain

Will do. Thanks!

Literally like Dubliners or something

Ok :)