I am going to be 30 when I get my BSc

>I am going to be 30 when I get my BSc
>I am going to be 34 when I get my MSc
>I am going to be 36-37 when I get my PHD.

Whats the point? Isn't an employer just going to throw my resume out?

>im going to be 20 when i get my masters

>two years for a phd

Don't do a PhD if you think the point of getting one is a job.

I wanted to get a math+stats degree and be a data scientists or something, and everyone said get a PHD

Yes OP

Why would employer hire you when they have 22 year old fresh graduates? That shows eagerness. Having a degree at 30 means you are lazy.

An hero desu

>Having a degree at 30 means you are lazy.
Are you serious?

>so user I see you didn't get your degree till you were 30, what were you doing from high school to 26?

you don't need a phd to be a data scientist. get an MSc, it's what I got. you'll be fine.

But I'll be 34/35 competing with 23/24 year olds

Getting practical skills. I got a degree to increse my understanding of physical reality.

>I had a bussiness opportunity which i took before returning to continie my education

If you show someone your PHD I doubt their goingnto think of you as lazy, maybe someone who was once lazy but you then went and got a PhD.

If you are going outside academia, a PhD will be worth it at any age.

If thats what you are concerned about, its time to kys because it will be the same if you have a phd

Stocking shelves at a grocery store for 6 years is hardly a business opportunity.

are you white? those 23/24 year olds will be chinese so you'll get hired over them. seriously.

Haha
>going to college
Waste of time and money. Im an illegal immigrant that got a work permit from Obama and now own my business. I have over 1.5M in liquid cash in a couple of accounts. Good luck white bois.
>not being successful as a natural born american in the world's most powerful country

This is a place of science not a place for spics

I'm not OP, my point was an example of a lie. Claim to have wprked for an out os state LLc that is no longer operational. You'll get away with it.

Thats what cucks like you say about america 24/7 but yet here I am employing white boys lol

I know this place has been overrun by /pol but you could troll them more directly by telling them your lies on their board.

Whatever makes you feel better about yourself buddy

>tfw starting uni at 22

Hey, I graduate with a BSc in Biochemistry in the spring. I'll be 30. I'm going straight for PhD since I have research experience and good numbers, but it's not a sure bet.

But yeah, I'll be old too. And that's okay.

I've expressed my concerns about being an old guy to mentors and advisors but they seem to think it's not really a big deal, and might actually help. To make this kind of commitment later in life shows you've done soul searching. It's probably meaningful to you and you're probably going to put in good effort. Usually older students are making bigger sacrifices; you might have friends who are advancing their careers or trying to start a family, but you said more important to you is to grow your understanding and finally achieve a degree.

It doesn't make you more technically qualified than a younger person, but I think employers will probably think you'll be cooperative and mature.

Don't lose heart and just give it your all. Employers care about someone who can do a job well, and people come in all shapes and sizes. What makes someone employable is their skillset and their ability to do the work they're given. If someone sees you've got what it takes and turns you away because of age, their loss.

>im going to be 19 when I get my fields medal

I wasted 4 years and although I do hold some regret, I'm not going to cry over it. You're going to be 37 one day anyway so there's no reason that should stop you from getting a PhD.

That's standard, tho.
Most programs make you spend 2-3 years getting a Masters and then 2-3 years getting the Ph.D.

>getting practical skills
being stupid and low C isn't getting practical skills. you're just bad stock and fucked up and want to buy your way out with "look how smaht i am i can dooo maths" degree. faggot, no sympathy for you. i hope some 25 year old PhD whose incompetent takes your position you were vying for

ok 1984, youre mentally retarded

nobody cares if youre 37

>I am going to be 30 when I get my BSc
>I am going to be 34 when I get my MSc

Wait, what? Doesn't a Master's degree only take like 2-4 semesters? At least that's the case here in Germany

I was really poor. First attempt at college got all screwed up. Mum died when I was 20. Lots of other things happened.

Would this be an acceptable answer

As long as you have genuine (or at the very least believable) extenuating circumstances, it's fine. They're just concerned you spent your time being a druggie or being a NEET and jacking off all day.

got my PhD when I was 35 but I still looked like a 25 year old Chad

they're probably going to be more impressed that you had the gumption to go back to school at nearly 30 and more willing to hire you at nearly 40 than some 25-30 year old jackoff who hasn't been outside of the school zone his entire life.

>I'll be 18 by the time my Reimann hypothesis solution gets published

FUCK

WAHAHAHAH cope

What if I spent 6 years being a smoking weed and stocking shelves at a grocery store?

My mentor at LLNL got his PhD in is late 30's/early 40's after getting a BA in Theatre earlier in his life. Now he's a pretty big deal in Power-aware Supercomputing.

Don't hold yourself back. If you want something, stop worrying about your age and just do it. Don't ask anyone's permission. (That's what he would say, anyways.)

You're either alive and capable of doing things or you're dead OP.

Pick one and stop being a bitch.

When did you start college/university?

If you're only getting PhD to get a job and make money, then you're an animal driven by materialistic desires and deserve to fail. You should've built financial independence long time ago and pursue PhD only because of interest.

>being a NEET
Fuck it, I'll just join the military after I get my engie degree then. Serve for the contract and see maybe I can go back to uni under the GI bill and get a Doctorates in Physics and go into academia.

You will be 37 anyway and you know the exact day when it happens.

You can be either 37 with a PhD or 37 without a PhD, simple as that.

Decide NOW, faggot.

>4 years for an MSC
what is that about.