The Gulf War Did Not Take Place

>The Gulf War Did Not Take Place
>Gulf War clearly took place

how do some philosophers get away with such blatant lies?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gulf_War_Did_Not_Take_Place
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>clearly took place
No it did not. You did not experience it.

>solipsism
kill yourself, kid

it's a reference to The Trojan War Will Not Take Place, if you read the book you'll know Baudrillard doesn't actually think the gulf war did not take place

>t. late millenial

I'm 28.

DIRECT experience, as in you were in every aspect of the war for its entire duration.

>I'm 28.
Then you are a fool.

read hoom-ay

>if you read the book you'll know

Whoa, slow down there kid. What do you think this is, a literature board?

Yes I did.

>He thinks the Gulf War was real

The oil wells were destroyed by a controlled demolition.

by changing the meaning of words.

look i can transform your pain in bread: un pain au chocolat s'il vous plait.

philosophy is simply another language that changes, not the grammar or the phonetics but the meaning.

>implying 9/11 actually happened

I wasn't in NYC at that time so it's completely possible that it was a fabrication. :^)

Isn't that book predicated on the idea that the gulf war was an example of hyperreality - that everything you saw or heard about it came via media and not via direct sensory experience of the event?

Isn't Baudrillard's position one which asserts that because of an event's hyperreal nature, it is as good as not real? I haven't read the work itself, only Simulacra and Simulation, but he references how the Gulf War was heavily televised, and that they even affixed cameras onto the rockets. It became reality television in the most hyperreal sense of reality, reality here implying something that was largely fabricated and simulated to a certain degree.

Solipsism is akin to retardation.

You telling me george HW lied? fuck off

kek

read the fucking book

The title is in reference to the "artificial" nature of the war. He spends time discussing Hussien's use of artificial, literally inflated, planes and tanks. Also his use of body doubles. Also the way the Iraqi retreat and American advance were in perfect unison. It was barely a war by the standards of the 20th century.

This book explain's Trump's recent actions in Syria

fight me if disagree

The Trump administration is pure spectacle, anyone who doesn't see that it in denial or just plain stupid

>He spends time discussing Hussien's use of artificial, literally inflated, planes and tanks

But, Hussein isn't unique in doing that. That was done during the Cold War decades prior and WWII, iirc -- same with body doubles.

Maybe all wars didn't take place?

This is actually true though

My mom was in Jersey City and saw them go down, so don't even sweat dawg. And no, she didn't see any dancing Muslims.

bump

>he doesn't understand what Baudrillard is saying

Stay silent, brainlet.

Hume accepts derivative testimony as evidence for historical events. You have to get past the first few pages of his books to get there, though.

Veeky Forums is LIT

wow it's as easy as googling >what did he mean by this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gulf_War_Did_Not_Take_Place

yhbt yhl hand