I just got my first skillet Veeky Forums, what can i do with it?

i just got my first skillet Veeky Forums, what can i do with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWi3NwDrQok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fry an egg

should i oil the pan? it seems to be a nonstick and it's super smooth. i also don't want to make it too hot and damage the coating if that's a thing on it.

man i sound like a pansy...maybe cooking is not my jam.

Not much until you get some kind of stove.

REEEEEEEEEE i just want FOOD

>not my jam.
give jelly a try

Be careful, user, that's an advanced skillet, you may need to get training for that.

make some scrambled eggs with diced tomatoes and onion and ham or bacon.Or pancakes.

what's the optimal scrambling for eggs?

Not sure what you mean. I use 2 tbsp of diced onion, 2 tbsp of diced ham, 1 diced tomato, three eggs. Sweat off onion and ham in the pan on medium heat, meanwhile put diced tmato into eggs and whisk until uniorm yellow. When the onions have become translucent you pour the egg mix into the pan and slowly cook at low to medium heat. Keeping the temps low and always using silicone or at least wooden utensils is key to a long life for non-stick cookware.

can a wooden spoon still scratch the skilly mcpanny? i was a bit aggressive when trying to get some parts of the egg to not overcook on the pan; it was thinning out on the rim and was starting to harden.

Four dozen eggs

why would i do four dozen eggs?

Bacon and eggs.

I have had that same exact pan for 10 years. It is flawless.

i don't have bacon

Use butter

is cowgee a good substitute?

It'll work. The milk solid bubble though, and that bubble action works even better for cooking eggs. You don't need the super high heat that ghee will afford.

>PAN

>NICE AND HOT
>BUTTER, IN

BUBBLES. Wait till they just stop, yeah?

>egg
>in
Now this part goes very fast. I like to use no utensils, using the semi-violent swirl and jerk Julia childs method.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=hWi3NwDrQok

After swirling to work the curds and cover the pan with evenly cooked egg

Roll it up! Let the egg slip to one side of the pan and let the lip turn it over on itself. Again, no utensils.

no, wooden spoons are OK, unless you are pressing salt grains into the coating with it or something

Advanced pans require advanced skills, techniques, and training. user, do yourself a favor and attend some Analon Advanced™ training seminars. Do some interning to gain field experience. I did, and I've never looked back.

Helps you get large

don't listen to this stove shill, a hot plate or fire can work just fine.

Practice makes perfect, and they are cheap.

Don't listen to this alternative heat source shill. Stoves are where its at.

And if I eat 6 dozen eggs?

You'll be roughly the size of a barge

make a grilled cheese
the perfect dish for any meal

Bang yourself on the head with it until you get traumatic brain injury and die.

>first skillet
>it's not iron cast
I know what you can do with it. Throw it in a trash bin and buy a proper skillet.

Cum on it and fry

Show him your skill baking an egg, that'll teach him.

Any chance you could make me a nice spaghetti puttanesca in that pan?

You forgot to mix in a tbsp of whole milk into the eggs

It's actually perfectly safe to cook tomatoes in cast iron assuming you clean it properly afterwards and don't do it too often.

Like the other user have said. There's nothing wrong with cooking acidic food on cast iron, as long as you take care of it.
Just think it's like a carbon still knife. If you take care of it, then it will take care of you.

It's not the iron or the carbon steel you have to worry about, that can easily take a bit of acid at times. I forgot about the acidity rules on my (finally) decently seasoned carbon steel pan and threw in a splash (barely 2 tablespoons) of apple cider vinegar. The seasoning at that spot was gone instantly. Not even somewhat lighter, but completely gone. Before this I never even considered vinegar a decent cleaning agent, but I fear it's powers now.

*its

Don't listen to either of these faggots. Your own body heat should be sufficient to heat the pan, but if it isn't the hood of a car or a sunny tarmac surface is an acceptable substitute.