Name a method of collecting energy that doesnt involve turbines

Name a method of collecting energy that doesnt involve turbines.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoelectric_effect
spectrum.ieee.org/cars-that-think/transportation/infrastructure/good-vibrations-california-to-test-road-vibrations-as-a-power-source
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Solar panel & batteries.

Peltier effect

Piston engines.

Magnetohydrodynamics (MHD)
Piezoelecric effect powered by vibrations

> Name a method of collecting energy that doesnt involve turbines.

what form do you want the energy to take?

electricity? thermal differentials? radioisotopes?

My preferred method of collecting energy is by eating sugars and storing them as glycogen.

I think he meant electric

Piezoelectric effect

You car's piston engine.
Diesels still use pistons. So do Stirling engines and old time steam locomotives.

Nernst effect.
Magnetostriction.

Fuel cells. Solar water heater. Solar cells. Quartz compression. Thermonuclear. Geothermal. TNT. Wood/coal stove. Oil furnace.

I just pictured a guy with a turbine instead of a mouth

Tell me more about piezos being used to collect energy. I've only ever seen them used as fine actuators, or transducers.

Gratz

Springs.

Niggers

>Thermonuclear
wrong

windmills

I suggest trying a wall outlet. Those things just give off electricity

Solar panels (i.e. Einstein's Photoelectric effect)
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photoelectric_effect

There's a scheme to build piezo-transducers into highways.
spectrum.ieee.org/cars-that-think/transportation/infrastructure/good-vibrations-california-to-test-road-vibrations-as-a-power-source

Gives the government free power! Of course, all the drivers are paying for it in the form of reduced gas mileage. :(

"use roads to generate power" has always been a retarded idea. Same problem here as with the solar panel idea; roads get to much wear and tear for it to be economical

Wouldn't this by definition be stealing energy from the cars? Like a minor version of driving on sand or something where you have to work harder because your energy is going to something else?

>>thermonuclear reactions release energy
>wrong
t. the wrongtard

That's what I said. They're stealing energy from the motorists.

And I said it was being tried. I NEVER said it was a good idea.
Now, if someone came up with black photovoltaic paint that could just be _brushed_ on, that would be a different matter.

Piezoelectric effect goes both ways: use electricity to deform the crystal or deform the crystal to generate a voltage. Impedance is high though.

only saw a bit of this, but apparently some researchers discovered that graphine vibrates a lot when collecting energy. that coupled with piezoelectric generators could make some type of generator. the only bad thing is that they tried selling it as "free" energy

Impedance?

impedance is basically effective resistance in alternating current