Redditfags have already solved it, but I'm not impressed by their {15 - n | n ∈ a, 1<n<15}. Can we do better...

Redditfags have already solved it, but I'm not impressed by their {15 - n | n ∈ a, 1

Other urls found in this thread:

peelified.com/index.php?topic=23582.msg1469805#msg1469805
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sorry,who?

>Redditfags
Why the homophobia?

The marbles are Janell's regardless of her knowledge of their location, therefore Janell still has 15 marbles.

Sure, {15 - n | n ∈ a, 1

Wrong. If the statement, "Janell lost all of her marbles" is true, the statement "Janell lost all of her marbles" is also true.

How very tautological.

oops, that should be
>If the statement, "Janell lost all of her marbles" is true, the statement "Janell lost some of her marbles" is also true.

those should be less than or equal to signs. 1 marble could be defined as some, as well as 15.

All implies some.
Some does not imply all.

but "some" does not exclude "all"

I know you guys are thinking about this question in abstract ways but to ask such a retarded question that requires some knowledge of algebra to a arithmetic class is stupid.

I thought it's the proper etiquette around here?

It doesn't matter because she's lost her marbles

OP here, sorry for the /b/tard-speak, I forgot myself.

>being this new

No, ignore those faggots. This is Veeky Forums, fag isn't just exclusive to /b/, you can and should be calling everyone fags constantly no matter what board. That's just 1 shitposter with either a bot or no life who spends all day posting
>why the homophobia?
Just ignore him like everyone else around here does

Well, to solve this problem, we first have to consider that we don't know what "15" is. What field are we in right now? Real numbers? Galois field? Complex numbers?
We can't make any assumptions, so we need to solve this problem for a general body and make sure not to divide by zero. Take a linear algebra course, kids.
Nothing personal.

Now THIS is unusual, rational, thought-provoking posts with almost no bait and such. Well done.

The only room for improvement I see is to specify a as the marbles taken away

>{15 - n | n ∈ a, 1

It does. Some implies a part of the whole. If you asked for some of my fries and I held out the container to you and you took all of them I would punch you in the mouth.

My understanding is that some means “at least one” and nothing more

Trivial
[math]\displaystyle\mathscr{C}=\left\{\int_0^{\infty}\frac{{(\prod_{n=1}^{\infty}15^{-n}})^{12}}{(\xi+1)^2}-\sum_{k=0}^{\infty}\frac{1}{k!}\left(-\frac{\xi}{x}\right)^k\,\mathrm{d}\xi:\xi\in(1,14.999...]\right\}[/math]

Enjoy your fries and sore mouth. Actually now that I think about it some for me is less than half and more than one a couple or a few.

Wow that is definitely an authentic piece of homework and not something a faggot redditor slapped together and scribbled on for le upboats xDD

Fuck you OP

Only on Veeky Forums (read: /b/ with shitty nerd jokes) will you find this kind of blatant newfaggotry not being chastized.

1=One
2=A Couple.
3=A few

I'd say that the issue is the definition of "some"
It is usually associated with a number of items where n>1, so I'd exclude the number 1 from the set of possible choices.
I'd also exclude 15, because it would have been "all of them".

So, giving this following (of course erroneous) list:
none

kek

How is that homophobia?

/thread

I love when 4channers pretend they don't know what Reddit is. We all know you've been there before.

Reddit. I think he's one of those hackers on the interwebs. My friend Polly said he stole her credit card number.

>2017
>being a homophobe

Why not just [math]J_m\in[0,15]\cap\mathbb{N}[/math] where [math]J_m[/math] are Janell's number of marbles.

'some' means >1. so you are all wrong

Janell has some marbles left.

>2017
>still falling for the gay agenda's lies

X < 15 && X > 1

what if the set is empty? then "all" would be a vacuous truth but "some" would be false, since it implies existence.

sorry, but you need to show your work in order to get credt for the problem user.

"Some" means more than one, she has 13 or fewer marbles.

she done lost her marbles. That game is for squares anyways. Try magic! kid.

hi engineer here, maybe we could assume some probability distribution on how many marbles she would lose? like she losing all her marbles is probable less probable than she losing 1 or 2 ?

i would use Poisson distribution since its common to model counting data. some mathfag can write this into some formula

>4channers
begone

Wow, Barnett cohomology theory is so beautiful.

can Janell have 15-n marbles now where n means the number of lost marbles?

Chances are in the class they learned a couple is two, a few is three, some is four, and several is five or more or some amount like that. I did 20 years ago in elementary school, the teachers just never put it on tests. The correct answer would be whatever the class had asserted the value to be.

it's {15 - n | n ∈ a, 1

"Some" is not "one" either numbnuts.

ranging from 0 to 15.
some from them could mean 0 or 15

Becuase he was schooled in the states

How am I a homophobe?

How the fuck should I know.

I think we all know the answer to that question.

>How am I a homophobe?
What else would someone who uses homophobic slurs be?

>{15 - n | n ∈ a, 1

I love this meme.

wtf is the set a?

natural numbers from 1 to 16

the answer is i where i is defined as the answer of the question

fag isn't a homophobic slur on Veeky Forums

Less than 15

it's just a meme, " why the homophobia?"

{n | 0

What if she lost negative marbles?

I mean if the other option is being a faggot, I guess I'll be a homophobe.

Probably not a faggot like you I guess? Can you give me a concise explanation on how being disgusted by Gays and their degeneracy somehow equates to me being afraid of them?

People IIT are retarded.

Lost 'some' (i.e. at least one) implies it could be anywhere between 1 and 15 (inclusive), so the correct answer is {15 - n | 1

The only correct answer.

>IIT

Nothing like a typeo when calling out others

>I lost none of my marbles
>therefore I lost some of my marbles
idiot.

She lost some of them, not none of them. Some doesn't include none.

that's the point 0 e S, S

holy shit

Why do you all write "n ∈ a"? What does it mean? Is "a" some standard notation?

You can also be a normal human being

what the fuck is a?

but the set is not empty. There are 15

this is great

>a few is three
>some is four
>several is five

what the fuck

peelified.com/index.php?topic=23582.msg1469805#msg1469805

Thanks for reposting my link.

I think it simply and accurately describes the concepts that underlie the functions of our observable universe.