Who here wasabi peas, and yes I know it's not real wasabi

who here wasabi peas, and yes I know it's not real wasabi

Other urls found in this thread:

skillsone.com.au/vidgallery/aussie-wasabi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

when I buy them I eat them until I burn my taste buds out and they're not spicy anymore, so I only get them like 2 times a year

I buy a big tin every couple of years as I develop a nostalgia fueled craving. Then the first bite is great, and every subsequent bite is less and less appealing until I eventually just stop eating them and they sit there on my shelf until I eventually throw them out.

Good stuff though. I just get bored of them quickly as a snack and they never really mesh with stuff I normally drink or eat.

how is it not real wasabi?

>yes I know it's not real wasabi
so what the fuck is it then

Fake wasabi manufactured in a lab, yo

Horseradish, iirc

pretty good snack with beer

Meh they're ok. Bit too crunchy for me, but love me some wasabi flavored peanuts

I find it hard to believe that the Wasabi plant will not/cannot grow anywhere else besides those certain regions of Japan. There has to be similar ideals in similar climatic zones! Even with soil temperament, in this day & age, surely a replication of those conditions could be made.

Great snack occasionally. Taste gets too repetitive or whatever for me to eat them consistently though.

pretty sure wasabi peas are imported, just like the tubes of wasabi paste.

There's a YouTube video about guys that grow actual wasabi in Washington state. It's some hipster garbage so I don't feel like searching for it. The bottom line is: the market is satisfied with green horseradish powder, the real stuff is intensive to grow and spoils quickly. So, apart from very local restuaraunts, it's hard to make a profit producing it in the US

Yeah that makes sense. I forgot how quickly it loses its pungency. Explains the lack of exportation from Japan.

Thanks for not posting the vid. Don't wanna see hipster shite tonight

sugar. no.

read the ingredients

here ya go

My mom lives off these.

I'll eat them.

> people growing plants triggers him

Faggots.

skillsone.com.au/vidgallery/aussie-wasabi/

Used to eat these in Japanese class for setsubun and I was the only one who liked them so all the kids gave me theirs and I had a pile of them