What are the best french fries you've ever had, co/ck/munchers?

what are the best french fries you've ever had, co/ck/munchers?

from a resturant, homemade, bar, etc.
describe 'em

Local peruvian place does double battered fries with aji amarillo and roasted red pepper sauces. I could easily put away a couple baskets.

for me it is mcdonald's

the best french fry

Home made. Hand cut every fry, special seasoning mix, double batter, fresh oil. Maybe not the best in the world but simplicity beats that shit out garbage from local places. Artisinal fries with 80 sauces and 4 cheeses layered on.

Nice potato salad with side dressing.

I got a surprise blowjob from an otherwise platonic friend in high school. I picked her up at her house and we ended up just driving around. This was back when having my driver's license was a ticket to freedom. Anyway, we drove through Arby's and got a couple of large fries. We pulled over in the parking lot to eat and she went for my cock right there.

It's one of my favorite teen memories.

I'm probably a bit biased but the best standard french fries I've had are the ones we serve in my RG. I find them better and much less labor intensive than Heston's triple cooked chips or the double fry method.

The key, aside from the right potato, is to scrub and peel the potatoes, cut them, then immediately put them in a brine, and leave to soak for 10 days. After that you just pull them out and fry as normal. The result is a crispy fry with a craggy, crunchy exterior and super soft interior that holds very well without becoming soggy. You also get some great potato starch that settles at the bottom of the container that you can use for lots of stuff.

Five Guys, KFC, and the local Costco.

moms fries.

Other than freshly cooked homemade steak fries, the best fries I've ever had were at a restaurant on the north shore of Lake Tahoe called Bridgetender, in Tahoe City. They also had the best onion rings I've had in years.

At some places, the fries they will serve you are browned, and are all soft
They have a specific taste which I love

Wish I could do them like that at home

super fresh cut fries, like cut and then immediately fry, + lower temp oil will give you those brown, limp fries.

Yep, McD's is the best.

Gotta get them super fresh and hot though.

>resturant
Retard.

I occasionally like triple-cooked fries.

You know they're done right when they look like brown glass.

They're so rich and heavy though, you gotta be in a really gluttonous mood for them.

Hungry jacks fries are pretty good

probably the one i prepare myself
panfried, first keep the lid on for like 15 minutes, with this the steam will cook the inside of potato and you can bypass the annoying boiling part, after that remove the lid, heat to max and stir them every 2-3 mins you get an uneven crispy texture that i simply have never seen overdone anywhere
i usually put rosemary too and it also become very crunchy and not chewy at all, adding a wonderful flavour

From a little local cafe owned by my mom's friend. They were unbelievably good. Very crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside, perfectly seasoned, perfectly golden brown, not very oily.

Blanch first, then double fry. Ideally in duck or goose fat. If those are not available then fry in lard.

Shitty answer I know, but the best fries I've ever had was at Disney World, at the McDonalds fry stands back when those were still a thing. They literally only sold fries and drinks, maybe some ice cream snacks, that's it. One day we got some fries there and I swear to fucking god they were cooked perfectly, salted perfectly and were just delicious.

Of course now those fry stands are long gone and ever since every McDonalds fry has paled in comparison to those.

Hardees curly fries

Buying them frozen at the grocery store and frying them myself. I stopped buying them because I'd eat the whole bag in a couple days.

Crack fries from hopcat

KFC's soft fries are really appealing, but they get bad VERY quickly.

Applebees is probably my go to fav