Is ice a food, or a drink? WTF IS ICE this is driving me crazy

Is ice a food, or a drink? WTF IS ICE this is driving me crazy

Explain to me your rationale that would lead you to classify ice itself as a food?

By the way incensant classifying of things by categories literally is a sign of autism, ass burgers to be more specific.

eating ice has a negative energy balance

It's an edible solid. Sounds like food to me.

So does eating celery but celery is still food.

Ice, like water is the only thing you can consume that has zero nutritional value. On that basis alone, solid or not, you can't call it a food.

Just like you can't call Coke Pepsi or beer a food, even though those have nutritional value.

>On that basis alone, solid or not, you can't call it a food.

Since when does the definition of a food hinge upon its nutritional value?

Does this silly viewpoint of yours mean that water is not a beverage because it''s zero calorie too?

>Since when does the definition of a food hinge upon its nutritional value?

I'll help you there, OP. It must be food food, because I've never heard anyone say they drank a popsicle.

Don't know why I repeated food. Must be getting hungry from this blogsite again.

water is a nutrient in itself

source

>WTF IS ICE

Water is a polar molecule so when it gets cold, the molecules stop bouncing around like nuts and start hooking up at the poles, building a crystalline structure. And that's ice. wa-la

Nutrition: Concepts and Controversies, Frances Sizer

it's a solid drink, like all frozen desserts that would be liquid at room temperature. simply change of state

So it's food? Water can be food?

It goes in drinks and is made of liquid. It's a drink

You can't drink a solid, so there is no such thing as a solid drink.

what? you can chew ice in your mouth or wait and it will naturally liquify back to liquid. also, in case you didnt notice, you swallow solids and liquids in the same way so there is no separate actions

>water is not a beverage because it''s zero calorie too?

Beverage
n.
any drink, usually other than water

topkek look at this idiot

A condiment.

Speaking of ice.

Are stainless steel ice a meme?

those are for cooling down drinks without diluting them down right? i guess they have a reasonable purpose but you need to have some very high quality drink and tongue to notice the difference

Yes, and no.

If you're an autist who doesn't want his mountain dew to be watered down there's that.

But all alcoholic drinks factor in the dilution in their preparation, so it's kinda pointless.