Going through grandmas cookbooks. Will post the ones she's leaving me in a bit...

Going through grandmas cookbooks. Will post the ones she's leaving me in a bit, she wants me to organize the ones that are left.

From the official cookbook of Caroline county maryland

The oldest one. Sometime around 1930ish, tells how to kill and process the game.

Shit I'm getting out of order. These are the ones I'm keeping.

Bound to be at least one good one in here

>from 1930
My god that book must smell fucking amazing.

My grannyma said she's heard it before but still laughed.

The 1930s one is in the plastic bag, the one above it, 1947, was the book she used for home EC in highschool. They discontinued the book that year so the girls got to take them home.

She has some from "the dark ages" of cooking. It's literally all frozen vegetables and shrimp aspic recipies.

From her HS home EC book.

Damn. Pretty interesting stuff.

I'm not on wifi and I'm using my data, this will be my last one unless someone requests something specific.

Recipies from her home ec book. Amazing how times change. No one in HS is cooking beef tounges anymore.

Post moar recipes

I remember reading this when I was very young and thought it was real.

>tfw my last name is Parker
>family literally never made rolls like that
>got called Spiderman in school constantly

>tomatoes in gumbo
>olive oil for deep frying
Well that's controversial.

Canned turtle and terrapin meat used to be a thing?

That Oyster Loaf sound heavenly, maybe subbing catsup(ketchup) out or for stewed tomatoes

Probably means home canned or jarred.

You don't happen to have a recipe for potted calf's head?

Well this explains how pickyfags are made. Uniformed/lazy parents.

How come so many of the ingredients are processed. And no disrespect dude but the recipes are pretty crap.

OK last one using up too much data

I literally only posted one from the old book. The rest were from others, they were just for novelty.

Ah. Any recipe that you liked so far?

Feeding the sick
>raw eggs
>toast dipped in hot milk
>beef tea
>cornstarch pudding

Grannyma taught me how to cook when I was 5, so I have all the old recipies memorized by heart I guess. Meatloaf is pretty good. Shepards pie. Any kinda stew or beans.

I only inherited two cookbooks from my grandmother but they were both excellent. One was a book on salads and the other was the 1942 edition of America's Cook Book.